• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brucie

brucie

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 1.8lx 2002
Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

Ok, just purchased a mondeo 1.8lx petrol 2002 and has a known mot failure on emmissions (don't know the numbers on latest but previous was failed on 2nd fast idle excessive on all 3 carbon monoxide, hydrocarbon and lamda). I did an error check and it showed up the egr fault p0400. I assume as there is no other errors and the engine running fine that this is probably the cause. I have removed the valve and am in the process of cleaning (not too bad) Question is would this suffice or is it a replacement job?

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,121 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Ok, just purchased a mondeo 1.8lx petrol 2002 and has a known mot failure on emmissions (don't know the numbers on latest but previous was failed on 2nd fast idle excessive on all 3 carbon monoxide, hydrocarbon and lamda). I did an error check and it showed up the egr fault p0400. I assume as there is no other errors and the engine running fine that this is probably the cause. I have removed the valve and am in the process of cleaning (not too bad) Question is would this suffice or is it a replacement job?

Thanks

it would also be worth a look at the pipe work connecting the egr to make sure none of that is blocked.

#3 brucie

brucie

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 1.8lx 2002
Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for reply but on the petrol 1.8 it is fitted on th side of the head so there are no additional pipes only a water one that flows through the egr valve from the head. The exhaust flows into the valve then back into head (when open). Not sure how it then re enters the inlet manifold. Uploaded a pic for the 1.8 and 2.0 versions. The solinoid is on top held on by 4 screws, once removed you can depress the valve manually to check its operation. Mine was stcking very slightly which is why i have removed and cleaned (you do lose about a litre of water) it could be the soinoid is at fault? or would that throw up a different fault number?

Attached Thumbnails

• egr_valve.jpg

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users