Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Possible......

sonic113

Is it possible to add or install global window opening for the front electric Windows on the mk2:5 zetec? I tryed activing it on elm config but I think in missing something within the doors maybe.

Its only possible if all windows front n rear are electric

• Like 1

I miss that on my car. very handy. I thought my ST would have came with it.

• Like 1

thanks guys. I thought there may of been a way to make it work on models with just the front electric windows. Very hand if windows are down airing the car out and it starts to rain lol! :)

Yes, Its only possible if you have the front and rear electric windows but I am kinda curious what would be involved with installing it. Theres lots of talk of Drives and passengers door modules, I bet if we could physically connect them up right the ELMConfig software will enable it.

• Like 1

I for one would be up for something like this if it was possible as it is very handy. I have a terrible habit of leaving my window down.

• Like 1

Yes, Its only possible if you have the front and rear electric windows but I am kinda curious what would be involved with installing it. Theres lots of talk of Drives and passengers door modules, I bet if we could physically connect them up right the ELMConfig software will enable it.

But then if you had all windows electric it would no doubt be global closing ( only on ghia/Titanium/or ST)

Yunii

The beauty of global closing is when you press the open or close button & keep it pressed for3-5 seconds it will open or close all the windows together . Just brilliant. even my mirrors fold remotely.

Yunii

• Like 1

I for one would be up for something like this if it was possible as it is very handy. I have a terrible habit of leaving my window down.

ive got it and still leave windows open lol

• Like 2

But then if you had all windows electric it would no doubt be global closing ( only on ghia/Titanium/or ST)

Yunii

I was meaning to retro fit it to cars without global or rear electric windows.

sounds like a project, find out whats needed and fit it, worst case its money down the drain but a bit of fun none the less.

• Like 1

I know a member did it in mk1 focus & he said it was a mammoth job. He needed floor loom window motors/ regulators/switches .A full days work .

Yunii

i think its possible but you would need door modules not sure how many and totally diferent door looms.cost a fotune

I was meaning to retro fit it to cars without global or rear electric windows.

sounds like a project, find out whats needed and fit it, worst case its money down the drain but a bit of fun none the less.

Maybe in the later summer Months I will look into it more. It would be a handy upgrade to have and of course of has to be hard work wheres the fun when the jobs too easy lol! :)

what we would need is some kind chap to pull their doors apart and record what wires are going to where :) and how its routed around the car.

• Like 1

what we would need is some kind chap to pull their doors apart and record what wires are going to where :) and how its routed around the car.

its totaly diferent looms and module on the window motor.on my st i didnt have it looked at the inside of door and it is diferent to my titanium ive know got

• Like 1

sounds like it maybe a lot of hassle if all the looms and modules are different.

hmm, it does sound a job an a half if your having to replace the lot.

Then again, if your ripping the insides out for any reason, say to add sound insulation, then it might well be worth going the whole way with it. Its a feature I had in an old corsa, really surprised its not standard to be honest

• Like 1

hmm, it does sound a job an a half if your having to replace the lot.

Then again, if your ripping the insides out for any reason, say to add sound insulation, then it might well be worth going the whole way with it. Its a feature I had in an old corsa, really surprised its not standard to be honest

I guess if I am ever working at the doors I might give it a go . saying that maybe in the near future I might just give it a try lol! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club