Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software Updates

btf123

Just picked up a 2012 focus tit X. Very happy with it so far.

However, noticed that my postcode isn't in the software maps on the built in satnav. House is 50 years old and is present in other sat nav systems. Do Ford provide updated maps free of charge for issues like this?

Also, it appears to be telling me there are roadworks in places where there aren't, presumably as there were when the maps were produced? Or can the built in sat nav recieve upto date info on traffic and roadworks?

I also note that it should be possible to download and install updates to the Sync system, but all the links seem to take me through to the US where my VIN isn't applicable? Can this be updated in the UK? And is Sync 3 ever likely to come to my car (its non-touchscreen unfortunately) - again most info I've found on this seems to be from the US.

Finally, checked ETIS and my car hasn't had any ECU module updates since it came into this world in 2012. Presumably a dealer would need to do them, and most likely charge. Is there any benefit in getting these done? I work in IT and firmware is normally being refined on an ongoing basis, so surely the later software is better? Has anyone installed the latest udates and noticed any new features and/or improvements to MPG or performance?

Thanks

Unfortunately you will have to pay for any map update for the satnav which won't be cheap. If it's right what I've read on the Internet sync2 is only on the new facelift focus as we are around 18months behind on sync compared to the us and sync isn't backwards compatible with other sync systems. As for ecu updates these should be done by the dealer in with the annual service of the car if it has been done at the main dealer but dealers have a habit of accidentally on purpose not doing full services to save there costs and rob us all.

Ecu updates are not part of any ford service, updates are only installed if required due to a fault (running/poor idle etc)with vehicle, free under warranty, chargable outside warranty

Well then ford dealerships are even worse than I thought at robbing there customers blind.

Thanks guys.

Its just had the 3 year service, although a little early at a bit over 2.5 years.

The ford dealer I bought it off did that.

I can see on etis they checked, but didn't update anything. I'll see if I can get them to do a complete update before it hits 3 years, although as Ian says I think it may have to be because of specific issues.

It has a lot of kit on it such as the park assist, so I'd assume improvements must have been made to the software for stuff like that. I think I've also read about stuff link enhanced screens on the instrument cluster.

I also cant help but wonder whether the initial software is programmed to keep emmisions low when all the testing is done, and subsequent maps concentrate on power/mpg/drivebilty at the expense of emmisions. Just curious if anyone has had updates and noticed any improvements, although I'm pretty happy with the car so far.

What version of sat nav sd card are you on?

sd2-FORD-MFD_C_WesternEuropev3

Nav N2189VM__9.3C3P22

SW 2124_120203

Interestingly the packet the card was on says Western Europe V2.

Whilst we are talking sat nav, (its the Sony one) I've been trying to get it to alert to hazard locations i.e. cameras. Apparantly it has to be in sat nav mode, but not necesserily route guideance. Can you display the map without actualy plotting a route? I've not been able to work that out so far?

Thanks

eBay is your friend here. The current version in V5. I bought mine about 2 months ago. Dealer price £79.99? Shop around on eBay you should save at least £10.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

eBay is your friend here. The current version in V5. I bought mine about 2 months ago. Dealer price £79.99? Shop around on eBay you should save at least £10.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Bxxxxx, i think i bought the touch screen version :(