Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oem Reversing Sensor Loom

jogo78

I've got a 2012 Focus without Reversing sensors. I'd like to add these to my car and have seen the various aftermarket sets on eBay and amazon etc.

Now, I've found someone selling an OEM Ford set from a similar car to me on the wiring loom with the correct body colour to match my cars paintwork.

I've looked under my bumper and can see wiring and a connector there doing nothing, and i'm assuming from its position and a spot of googling that it

is indeed for connecting up to reversing sensors. I'm guessing that if it has this already there, then the chances are that the rest of the reversing kit will be there too.

So, my question is - if i buy this sensor kit and plug it in (and drill the hole etc), will it just work or would i need to enable the function from within a

diagnostic type menu?

If anyone familiar with factory fitted sensors could provide some advice that would be brilliant.

I've attached a pic of the sensor loom i've found.

Thanks

post-66479-0-08295800-1434455444_thumb.j

If the wiring plug is there chances are that rest of harness could be there, but thevrear parking control module wont be there, so you would need that too, also then you need module programming to the body control module either by a ford dealer or diy with focuss software and elm327 dlc.

xvision sensors are a good alternative, just wire to reverse and earth. or have interface module also for the display but then that will require programming again as above.

What I would do before buying anything off eBay is to remove/, pull up the o/s inner carpet liner under pracel shelf and look for a multiplug thats for the control module, some vehicles have some havent, you will need it for factory fit sensors

Thanks for the info - sounds like it may be more hassle than it's worth trying to get those to work.

I've heard Ford themselves fit X Vision as upgrades so i'll check those out.

Xvfb4(af) sensor kit for your car, fit them youreelf if your confident at drilling holes and connecting 2 wires, get a can of paint from ford , job jone

Perfect!

Cheers Ian.

Got them on mine, work fine, I got interface on mine to enable display on radio screen ,sound comes out Speakers and turns radio volume down like original ford fit.

• Like 2

Ian, You say it shows up on your radio screen - how so? does it show a new reversing sensor screen or does it just add some bars somewhere at the bottom? I have the Sat Nav stereo on my focus - how did you get it to show up.

I'm debating getting some cheaper sensors but i'd be more likely to pay a bit more for X Vision and get this added feature.

If anyone could offer any advice that would be cool.

Thanks in advance

yep shows on radio screen, this is enabled as i previously explained by programming body control module.

this evening i stripped the boot interior enough to take a few photos of what to look for ( connector in main wiring loom)

post-59356-0-96344200-1434660524_thumb.j

post-59356-0-95400200-1434660616_thumb.j

having this connector makes wiring up reverse sensors with the optional display interface for radio very easy, plug it in and programme.

without the interface its just a case of 1 wire to reverse and 1 to earth soldered inpost-59356-0-86909700-1434660792_thumb.j

post-59356-0-09640200-1434660836_thumb.j

post-59356-0-53858600-1434660942_thumb.j

radio display post-59356-0-51371900-1434660983_thumb.j

post-59356-0-01745200-1434661011_thumb.j

your display will be in colour

so you get the reverse sensor kit and interface module seperatly as required

• Like 1

Wow, that's great, thanks Ian. I appreciate you taking the pics it's very helpful and i've now got an idea of what to look for.

Iantt, where did you learn all this kind of stuff? Its a shame you dont live near me, i could do with a knowledgeable mate like yourself!:)

Hi, can anyone confirm which is the correct wire to tap into for the reversing sensors?

is it green and orange?

cheers Ian, i took the light cluster off and traced it back as there were two green and browns. all wired up now and working - just triple checking which are the correct markings on the underside of the bumper to drill out for the sensors to go in - there are square and round/oval shapes. Measure twice and cut once as my dad always told me! :-)

• Like 1

I went with some Cisbo ones that seem to get decent reviews on various websites, they also came in a perfect paint match to my car (Moonlight Silver). All fitted now and looking/working great - just like OEM.

In-case anyone was wondering - it was the round holes marked inside the bumper for the sensors to cut out.

sorry to hijack.ive noticed on the module it say camera is it possible to actually connect a camera to the unit to switch it on daft question i know

Do you mean on a factory fitted Ford module?

Not sure to be honest, maybe depending on what system you have installed. If it's third party- it'll probably output to a small lcd screen rather than your actual cars display (unless it's a Ford approved like X-Vision).

Do you mean on a factory fitted Ford module?

Not sure to be honest, maybe depending on what system you have installed. If it's third party- it'll probably output to a small lcd screen rather than your actual cars display (unless it's a Ford approved like X-Vision).

mines factory fit.just wondered if i could connect camer to it power wise

sorry to hijack.ive noticed on the module it say camera is it possible to actually connect a camera to the unit to switch it on daft question i know

Next to the camera itself the original rear view camera system does also need the original camera module. This module is connected to the CANbus network of the car. (If connected) This module sends a signal over the CANbus network which unlocks the rear view camera input on the display. Without this module the camera input is locked. The original camera module will only accept the original rear view camera. The parts of the original rear view camera system are pretty expensive. All needed parts will cost about €750,-.

However some clever Russians developed their own CANbus module which unlocks the camera input of the display. This module supports most camera's including the Chinese ones which can often be found on eBay. The Russian module costs €70,- and can be found on the following website:

http://www.ucdsys.ru/?page_id=350〈=en

Next to the camera itself the original rear view camera system does also need the original camera module. This module is connected to the CANbus network of the car. (If connected) This module sends a signal over the CANbus network which unlocks the rear view camera input on the display. Without this module the camera input is locked. The original camera module will only accept the original rear view camera. The parts of the original rear view camera system are pretty expensive. All needed parts will cost about €750,-.

However some clever Russians developed their own CANbus module which unlocks the camera input of the display. This module supports most camera's including the Chinese ones which can often be found on Ebay. The Russian module costs €70,- and can be found on the following website:

http://www.ucdsys.ru/?page_id=350〈=en

yikes .cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry to ask a question that might have previously been covered but I am new to this.

I have the below X-Vision kit fitted to my fiesta St that isn't connected into the ST2's Sony stereo is this possible? And if so how? I see mine is wired differently compared to Ian's above.

If someone could help with this I'd be very appreciative.

Rich

post-67668-0-92576000-1438641627_thumb.j

post-67668-0-16118900-1438641652_thumb.j

Can't be done on fiesta in sorry to say. There are a few threads on here about it.

Any chance of a direction to the threads as I can't seem find them cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club