Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice Commands

TonyEssex

My friends play the random track game with my iPod where we take it in turns to choose a track number and then we have to listen to whatever the track may be. For this reason I have put a load of cheesy tracks on lol.

Loving the sound of this game . . . .so going to have to play that on longer journeys

I rented a galaxy the other day it should have been a fiesta but I got upgraded much to my disapointment, anyway the galaxy had voice control and I found it excellent ,after 10 mins playing around I had it off to a tee, first go I had ,I said tempreture 18 degrees and she replied back tempreture 83 degrees but after a little play I got the hang of it. WHERS MY CAR!

To store names for contacts do you need to set it up on the phone? If so I take it it can't be done with an iPhone :(

To store names for contacts do you need to set it up on the phone? If so I take it it can't be done with an iPhone :(

Well..... I have only one name stored (since I gave up after that) at the time I had a Samsung and now I have an iPhone - the one name is still stored. So, I think that means you set the voice command on the car not on the phone. Does that make sense?

No you don't have to touch your phone once it is paired up to the car. The name storing is all done with the car as follows:-

You say - "Store Name"

Fiesta - "Name please"

You - "Bob" (for example)

Fiesta - "Repeat Name" (or something like that, i can't quite remember)

You - "Bob"

Fiesta - "Storing"

Fiesta - "number please"

You - "01234 567890 store"

Fiesta - "number stored"

I have an iPhone and it works perfectly. The above sequence may not be 100% the correct terms used but it's very close to that.

How do you set them up then?

If you mean how do you pair up the iPhone and the car then in the phone menu of the car is the option to add a phone. Click on that and then the car searches for devices. Once it's found your phone it gives you a code to enter on your phone. By this time your iPhone will be displaying the fact that the fiesta is trying to talk to it and you should enter the said code. once you've done this, providing you leave bluetooth on on your phone then everytime you get in they pair up straight away without any intervention from you. Simple.

No, i have the phone set up, i posted that before seeing your reply (think you posted it while i was writing mine =p)

I'll give it a go, thanks.

The voice command lady doesn't really like one syllable names, they're a bit short for her to recognise so that "bob" might need to be "booooooob" :lol:

set a few up, one syllable names worked fine for me

Me too, I have Mum, Dad, Home, Chris...etc they all work fine!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club