Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Issue Again

favero

Had the blower motor replaced about 3 years ago. However got a similar issue now I believe. Air con not working at all on levels 1, 2 and 3. Functions on 4 though a/c light not on then. Any ideas on cost and what the issue would be. Bit annoying as. I'm sure it cost kr over £300. Thanks.

Hi, Is your heater blower working on all speed setting.

Apologies (I'm not that bright - ask the wife) but are you saying the air con (ie no chilled air) isn't working or that the fan/blowers don't function at all on settinhs 1-3?

If no air con might just need a regas/top up.

If the blowers don't work on certain settings then sounds like it could just be a faulty rheostat (had this problem on my pickup & got a replacement from breakers), not sure if this is the same or the location as I'm new to Ford.

Fan and blowers not functioning on 1-3 at all. Funnily fuctions on level 4. My car is a Ford focus mark 1

That should be mark one

Ah right, as I said I'm new to Ford (only had my focus Mk3 since March) & I'm certainly not an expert/mechanic but would guess rheostat problem.

Don't think they'll be to expensive and probably pick one up from a breakers, not sure how easy they are to fit/replace - I'm sure someone on the forum with knowledge will be along soon to give there advice.

Hope you get things sorted.

Martin

Hi Ben, you may need to change the resister control pack for the heater blower if it is burned out, the air con will not work, Its easy to change, its in the side of the heater (passenger side) will cost you about £25 recommend getting it from a ford outlet.

• Like 1

As above, the heater resistor pack has stopped working. It will work on 4 as there is no resistor for speed 4

• Like 1

Hi Alz and Gingerflame. You seem to be spot on with your advice based on the symptoms in this you tube video which is identical to mine. Not to find the part for my motor and to fit. Thanks a lot as this seems as though it should save me much money and time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRi3UdWb0ho&list=PL8fF8-uIj29a1xpgGfLSOxLXiM5vyLA88&index=4