Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

If you use a fuse tap for the ACC, then you'll be able to add a fuse to the ACC feed. Always good when adding aftermarket bits. Yeah its basically like a piggyback

Ok. Thanks buddy.

Step one complete tonight. Fitted the drls:

(Crap night shots)

post-41109-145202781653_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145202783568_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145202784888_thumb.jpg

Fitment seems ok. Had to trim away bits of foam from each side for them to fit in place. Other than that, and the fact that the gloss black looks slightly different to the paintwork I'm happy.

If I can't get the mech beside work to wire them for me I'll be trying it myself on Saturday morn. Fingers crossed.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 2

Better shot of the drls in the daylight:

post-41109-145208986148_thumb.jpg

Really pleased with the look.

• Like 1

Dark shots of new footwell strips:

post-41109-145210233817_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145210237282_thumb.jpg

Excuse the dirt. Hoovering shall commence on Saturday morning :)

• Like 2

Looking good. Might have to get some drls as well!

Looking good. Might have to get some drls as well!

I'll send you the link to the ones I have. IF they work properly that is lol

• Like 1

Looks better than I expected actually! Looking forward to seeing them working too. Oh and if you think that is a dirty car, please don't look inside mine!

What have we here?

post-41109-145228071778_thumb.jpg

:)

I need advise. Wiring in DRLs as per the Nolden instructions says I have to plug into fuse slot 42. I have no fuse present there and only one terminal I believe. Will plugging the piggyback into one terminal still work? If I have no fuse in position 42 as the car sits, what one do I need to add for the DRLs?

Posted a separate topic about this to gather more opinions possibly.

Ok I figured it out. Drls fitted:

post-41109-14523577541_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145235776322_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145235777461_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145235778462_thumb.jpg

post-41109-145235779405_thumb.jpg

I now have a sidelight out though lol

• Like 3

Very nicely done. I look forward to a full detailed write up that I can then totally use! What headlight bulbs do you use? They making the leds look almost yellow lol

• Like 1

Very nicely done. I look forward to a full detailed write up that I can then totally use! What headlight bulbs do you use? They making the leds look almost yellow lol

Not much of a write up to do, that hasn't already been done, to be honest.

Red = Postive battery

Black = Ground bolt under airbox

Yellow = To fuse 42 using a piggyback 5A fuse

White = Spliced into Pin 10 rather than 12 (pin 12 stated in Nolden instructions)

The only thing I can advise with is which pin to splice into on the headlight connector. Pin 12 is the sidelight power which would mean that the drls would go 50% on the sidelights. I didn't want this. I want them on full with sidelights and 50% with headlights. Pin 10 is headlight power so this was ideal for me. I now have 100% when lights are all off, when sidelights are on and when headlights are on they dip to 50%. Everything else is as the standard instructions says.

Hope that helps.

Oh I'm using a 6000k HID Kit with H7R bulbs. That's a more complicated wiring job thanks to the cars canbus system.

• Like 3

Been reading a lot of the posts on drls and kept getting confused. Can follow your instructions easily :)

Are these the drls with indicators in as well that was posted further back in the thread?

Been reading a lot of the posts on drls and kept getting confused. Can follow your instructions easily :)

Are these the drls with indicators in as well that was posted further back in the thread?

Good stuff :)

I was going to get those with the indicators but I decided that it would be a bit too much for me. I'm happy with just the white light. Plus there's probably a bit more wiring for the indicators and I'm pretty sure I have enough wires in there as it is lol

• Like 1

Indoor pic:

post-41109-145253114652_thumb.jpg

Mean :-)

• Like 1

I need some potential car buying advise.

As much as I love the Focus I have now, performance is lacking. I'd go as far as saying it's slightly more sluggish than the MK2 I had. Only slightly though.

So I've been looking at my options for new cars.

I've been looking at the 1.6 Ecoboost Tit X which has some great tech included. Looking at ones around £8-£9k. Found a couple here for example:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601130032550

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201510207999307

Being a 2012 car I'm sure it would hold its value, being a TitX would also help I suppose. I find the mk3 extremely comfortable as well and a great place to be in.

On the other hand, I was thinking about going for an ST. The facelifts are rare enough in my price range but I found this this morning:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/2008-Ford-Focus-ST-3-FREE-6-MONTHS-WARRANTY-149225502

I've always wanted an ST but the thing that's putting me off is, although this particular one has less miles that my car now, it's an older car.

Does it make sense to sell a newer car for an older car? Even if the mileage is lower?

I'm not too bothered on resale value cause let's be honest you'll never car back the money you paid in the first place.

Just hoping for a few opinions on this matter. I'll not be changing, if at all, until after April. The ST is really appealing to me to be honest, I know mpg is quite low and all that but it's an ST.

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't buy an 8 year old car, ST or not . . . I'd go for either of the Titanium X's & wait until your budget increases into the MK3 / 3.5 ST range.

Just my opinion.

• Like 4

I personally wouldn't buy an 8 year old car, ST or not . . . I'd go for either of the Titanium X's & wait until your budget increases into the MK3 / 3.5 ST range.

Just my opinion.

It does concern me slightly taking such a step back. Thanks for the input though.

• Like 1

I can understand wanting the ST, especially if it's something you've always wanted. However I worry after having a titanium mk3, that you would miss the look and style of it once you've have your fun in an ST.

My advice? Look into possible remaps to get some performance back in your current beauty. Then as mondeo has said, start saving towards a mk3/3.5 St range.

• Like 1

I can understand wanting the ST, especially if it's something you've always wanted. However I worry after having a titanium mk3, that you would miss the look and style of it once you've have your fun in an ST.

My advice? Look into possible remaps to get some performance back in your current beauty. Then as mondeo has said, start saving towards a mk3/3.5 St range.

I'm not sure a remap would be good for my engine. Despite the fact remaps don't get much from a non turbo engine, doesn't the TiVct need specific oil pressures and all that? I'm thinking a remap might harm all those sort things, I could be wrong though?

Remapping an ordinary n / a engine is not worth the £ i.m.o.

• Like 3

Remapping an ordinary n / a engine is not worth the £ i.m.o.

Yea I thought as much

• Like 2

Remapping in your case isn't the best idea. Not worth the veeeeeeery little HP increase you'll get.

As for the cars, although ST is ST, I wouldn't also go into 8 y.o. car. Especially if you already have newer car. So, if you decide for the upgrade, I would go for one of the Ecoboosts - and also the newer one.

Although, I would very much consider the option of keeping the car and perhaps save money for the Mk3.5 ST? :)

Aside from the engine performance, I believe you have a great ride and also even when speaking about the engine - a non turbo petrol engine practically only needs an oil change every once in a while and you don't have to worry about anything else - it's basically maintenance free.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just keeping my thread alive :)

I got a new snow foam attachment for my power washer today. I very like.

56acee36b7bc8_ImageUploadedByFordOC14541

• Like 3

So this happened when I started my car for the first time today:

Really making me worry now. Car was dipping in and out of limp mode/low power mode as I drove it. Once I had stopped and restarted the car, and gotten up to temp, all seemed fine. It's due a service this month so hopefully that will cure some of the issues. I may mention about the PCM update as well but it seems that etis is no longer showing the update for my car. Strange.

• Like 2