Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

I'll be sticking with reputable brands for anything as important as this. It'll be H&R or Eibach. On another note, regarding the exhaust tips, I didn't realise I was saying 40mm lol that's far too small. It'll be 90mm at least yea.

• Like 1

Ok, so I made some pictures of the car with spacers installed - I have already winter tires on, so it's a bit difference between 17" and 16" there, but you get the spirit :) ... it's mostly visible on the back, but also a bit on the front

Before:

081.jpg

After:

IMG_2725.JPG

• Like 1

I think 90 mm is a good choice in terms of size and impact. You may get a completely different effect with the diffuser. 100 might work better however do not fall into the classic big tail pipe mucho macho :).

They weld the damn pipes so if it goes bad in terms of aspect you will pay extra for them to change stuff .

You know size does matter but do not go overkill as your car looks very nice. Don't ruin your balance by adding some freak pipes that do not suit the car.

Plenty of cars out there with tail pipes half their bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think 90 mm is a good choice in terms of size and impact. You may get a completely different effect with the diffuser. 100 might work better however do not fall into the classic big tail pipe mucho macho :).

They weld the damn pipes so if it goes bad in terms of aspect you will pay extra for them to change stuff .

You know size does matter but do not go overkill as your car looks very nice. Don't ruin your balance by adding some freak pipes that do not suit the car.

Plenty of cars out there with tail pipes half their bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good advice there pal.

I did a thing.

1478802571855.jpg.aa523f3685d94d72177f5e

1478802592746.jpg.5be2698ed285ff1bbafe8f

1478802619304.jpg.d800fab85c9801699f02a2

Not sure how I feel yet, the light output whilst reversing has definitely decreased, especially on the reverse camera but it looks kinda cool. I may try a slightly light tint if I can't get used to it.

• Like 1

Looks veeery nice. Personally, I perhaps never used reversing light as a primary light source for me when reversing, it sure helps, but I see it mostly as a signal for others to know that I'm reversing, so I would be ok with lowered intensity - I suppose you're still visible with this tint, so...but it depends on your preference :) anyway, for me, thumbs up, it really nicely "divides" the lights...and on the black car...nice! :)

• Like 1

Looks veeery nice. Personally, I perhaps never used reversing light as a primary light source for me when reversing, it sure helps, but I see it mostly as a signal for others to know that I'm reversing, so I would be ok with lowered intensity - I suppose you're still visible with this tint, so...but it depends on your preference :) anyway, for me, thumbs up, it really nicely "divides" the lights...and on the black car...nice! :)

Thanks bud. The only thing I have a problem with is reverse visibility through my camera but everything else I actually like about it.

• Like 1

Re: reverse visibility, I noticed this morning that the lens was quite dirty on the camera. Even in the daylight it was difficult to distinguish anything past a blur of colour. I'll give it a wipe and try reversing in the dark later on.

i like that a lot fits in well with the black paint work. can I ask where/ what seller you bought the film from?

• Like 1

i like that a lot fits in well with the black paint work. can I ask where/ what seller you bought the film from?

Thanks bud. I actually just 'borrowed' a scrap piece of film from work lol There's a guy works for us that tints at night so he kindly donated without knowing lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kpg said:

Thanks bud. I actually just 'borrowed' a scrap piece of film from work lol There's a guy works for us that tints at night so he kindly donated without knowing lol

Ha Ha perks of the job.

• Like 1

I meant to take better pics during the tinting of the rear lights but forgot so this is them after:

1478965895145.jpg.a2ec25a5e30e64f8191a0e

1478965907424.jpg.925eef5280c82b773e02cd

1478965925429.thumb.jpg.a3c01337b81529ce

Excuse the dirt. Haven't had a chance with this weather to get out and clean the car :(

Sorry kpg but those rear lights now look naff. If you want to tint the lenses then do all of it not just a middle bit.

• Like 1

Sorry kpg but those rear lights now look naff. If you want to tint the lenses then do all of it not just a middle bit.

Fair enough :(

Left the car out with the body shop guy this morning. Car is now back and those small lacquer marks have been sorted. Now I can get polishing :)

• Like 2

I think the lights look good my self with just the indicator tinted out.

• Like 1

Ok. I've had a good look over the bumper now and I can say that yes the scratches are fixed. The only thing is now I can see some uneven lacquer covered near the affected area. It's a bit difficult to see but in the sunlight I can see it and now that I have seen it, can't unsee it.

You can clearly see it in the first pic:

85ae051494eb2d89d87423b0da5763b2.jpg

ef60a0cbccaae9cb0d6a081ebbbd50bc.jpg

I tried doing a very quick clean/polish/wax and that seems to have disguised it a bit:

15c6ed9964ee09b9b4247163a435c9f2.jpg

dbcddb08a6c78a1074888b39427a316d.jpg

6baadb295cf89c2e515afee51b2865e6.jpg

81e96804c9023e61308b800bb8249e9d.jpg

It's just frustrating. As far I can see the colour match seems spot on and now scratches anywhere. Now it's just this blemish. I'm not wasting anymore time with the guy, I'll not be going back to him. Serves me right I spose for switching body shop when the first one always looked after me price wise.

I'll polish and compound it a bit more to see if I can dull it further but I'll have to live with it at the minute.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

liking the gear knob very ncie

Cheers bud. It's darn ice cold these mornings lol gear shifts are a challenge !

• Like 1

List of things still to do:

Paint rear drums black

Redo side vinyling

Pinstripe rear splitter

Things I want to get:

Coilovers

Wheel spacers (don't know which to do first)

Dual exit exhaust

Android touchscreen

Wheels refurbed (don't know what colour)

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, kpg said:

Cheers bud. It's darn ice cold these mornings lol gear shifts are a challenge !

ha ha bet its cold lol . like the sound of your other plans

• Like 1

Saw a Mustang down the local Ford dealer today. Haven't seen this colour yet:

1480019118400.thumb.jpg.86d76bf4cd3d4280

Looks like it would match my blue bits I've wrapped. I wonder what the name/paint code is for that colour.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club