Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Looks the same as one of the colours available for the RS which is called Nitrous.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Looks the same as one of the colours available for the RS which is called Nitrous.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Yea you're right actually. Didn't even realise.

• Like 1

Folks I'll be brief. The car has been up for sale twice and taken down both times. I'll admit that my love faltered slightly as I was lusting after a ST225. But I've seen sense and decided that I'm keeping my Titanium another year at least. I apologise for any inconvenience :( lol

Anyways. Back to mods.

I'll be getting the side graphics back on again this week hopefully and I've ordered a full lighting upgrade from car enhancements UK so I'll post some pics when that arrives.

Also, exhaust may be happening soon :)

• Like 1

Just sat for over an hour and read through your entire thread, love what you have done with the Focus and you got married shortly after me. :)

Someone asked earlier about the radio not being the Sony unit, any ideas why that is? I noticed you have phone buttons at the bottom-right of the wheel which my 2014 model (Collecting next Saturday) doesn't have.

Just sat for over an hour and read through your entire thread, love what you have done with the Focus and you got married shortly after me. :)

Someone asked earlier about the radio not being the Sony unit, any ideas why that is? I noticed you have phone buttons at the bottom-right of the wheel which my 2014 model (Collecting next Saturday) doesn't have.

Thanks for reading bud, always pleased when someone takes interest. As far as I can tell, my car didn't come with sat nav when the previous owner ordered it. He told me he paid for sat nav to be installed by Ford. Maybe the car came from factory with the Sony unit and was too expensive to keep the Sony unit when upgrading to sat nav. Either way, it never bothered me, happy to have a functioning sat nav in there. Phone buttons all work fine. I may be mistaken but I think the steering wheel buttons were revised at some stage so that instead on arrow keys on both side of the wheel with phone button separate, the wheel came with arrows on one side with phone buttons on the other, the circular buttons, and the cruise control buttons still separate, if you get me lol ?

So ive gotten sick of having mismatching bulbs in the front of the car recently. Side lights are normal halogen, headlights are Osram hyper blue, drl and yellow fogs. All a bit of a mess really. So I decided to get the CarEnhancementsUK full MK3 kit. It includes some bulbs for the interior so that is pretty cool but I'll be for sure getting the front end sorted first. Should be here tomorrow.

• Like 1

Took a crackin' pic of the car today:

1480616451230.jpg.811fd34a6da315c0727f40

I remember saying I was getting the wheels done gunmetal but there's something about silver on black that I keep coming back to lol

• Like 2

Got the new bulb set from CEUK installed yesterday. Boy theyre bright.

1480765391095.jpg.e887cd41737f353630d442

1480765405596.jpg.b7e50fa750c1753a0a9bef

1480765422470.jpg.2cfce39fcd145eb6400868

Rubbish pics but you get the idea.

• Like 2

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 6:21 PM, kpg said:

Took a crackin' pic of the car today:

1480616451230.jpg

I remember saying I was getting the wheels done gunmetal but there's something about silver on black that I keep coming back to lol

Definitely a fan of silver on black. I have honestly always preferred my Zetec S 18's to your 5 spokes yet that pic just looks so right! It must be the combined kit and lowered stance that improves the look of the wheels compared to on a standard Titanium.

• Like 1

loving the new bulbs fella and that was a sweet pic you toke

Cheers bud. I went for a drive I last night and couldnt see a ***** thing with my headlights lol I think they're point straight down at the ground now, the bulb brightness couldn't be that bad surely ? I must have upset the alignment when I put them in. As I changed the High Beams too it looks like they're point up and to the left too much. Can these be adjust as well ? I'll go tomorrow and get them all checked. Hopefully it's just the alignment and not the bulbs :/

You probably only put the bulbs there little out of the line...it happens...I don't know how accessible it is on Mk3, but I always prefer to take out the whole headlight and change the bulbs then. That way I can be the most sure the bulbs are put there correctly. I doubt it is the brightness of the bulbs, it must be only misalligned in the socket. And high beams are H1, they are very easy to put in wrong, or point them wrong, because their base is easily to move, even if it seems locked in the socket...

You probably only put the bulbs there little out of the line...it happens...I don't know how accessible it is on Mk3, but I always prefer to take out the whole headlight and change the bulbs then. That way I can be the most sure the bulbs are put there correctly. I doubt it is the brightness of the bulbs, it must be only misalligned in the socket. And high beams are H1, they are very easy to put in wrong, or point them wrong, because their base is easily to move, even if it seems locked in the socket...

I had the headlights out while changing the bulbs. I'm pretty theyre in properly as I checked and re checked so they must be off alignment. Also the high beams have a slanted base to the actual bulb which only allows it to fit some way so I'm pretty sure those are in right too. I'll be all good after a quick alignment at lunchtime :)

That might be it too. I also moved the allignment sometimes, though it mostly happened when I didn't take the light out, so I was trying to put in the bulb through a very little space. I quickly learned to take out the headlight and change the bulb then. No misallignments after that :) 

Although, I must say, I recall one bulbs - one of those "super bright xenon look" from eBay (which costed very close to nothing, of course :D ), which were somehow - I can't imagine how, completely misalligned. They were in properly, all set, but when I turned on the headlight, the light was everywhere but in front of me - where it should be. I changed them back to previous bulbs and everything was normal, so somehow, these "xenon" bulbs completely screwed up the beam. So I guess it's a small chance, but there still is a possibility that the bulbs may be the problem. This happened to me with H7 - low beams, to be completely accurate.

That might be it too. I also moved the allignment sometimes, though it mostly happened when I didn't take the light out, so I was trying to put in the bulb through a very little space. I quickly learned to take out the headlight and change the bulb then. No misallignments after that :) 
Although, I must say, I recall one bulbs - one of those "super bright xenon look" from ebay (which costed very close to nothing, of course :D ), which were somehow - I can't imagine how, completely misalligned. They were in properly, all set, but when I turned on the headlight, the light was everywhere but in front of me - where it should be. I changed them back to previous bulbs and everything was normal, so somehow, these "xenon" bulbs completely screwed up the beam. So I guess it's a small chance, but there still is a possibility that the bulbs may be the problem. This happened to me with H7 - low beams, to be completely accurate.

Well I think I've found the culprit. I forgot that the bulb holders I had weren't the standard black ones. I had gotten open backed ones for the HIDs at the time, that's what I had been using. I switched them out to the stock ones and the bulbs are now seated a lot better. I can see now that the passenger side bulb is facing lower than the driver side. Driver side looks to be a bit high too but it's getting sorted for sure tomorrow so happy days.
  • Like 2

Headlights now sorted although I'm beginning to think the Osram Hyper Blues were brighter !

Now that the alignment is set, changing out the bulbs shouldn't put it off again should it ?

It shouldn't mess up the allignment again, so you'll be fine, but you have to check for yourself if the bulbs were brighter or not...after doing some light research on the subject, I found out that the brightness of the Hypers is only at about 750-800lm, compared to standard stock bulb at about 1200-1300lm and with the more powerful ones at about 1500lm! 

Considering this, I currently have my eye on Philips' White Visions, which should be at very white-ish 4200-4300K with the power of 1500 lumens, so I hope to get the light output as well as the white-ish colour. Shame, I have one unopened box of Hypers left and one another completely good set of GE's Megalight Ultras - but they are very yellow-ish compared to other bulbs (Nightbreakers for example)...

• Like 1

It shouldn't mess up the allignment again, so you'll be fine, but you have to check for yourself if the bulbs were brighter or not...after doing some light research on the subject, I found out that the brightness of the Hypers is only at about 750-800lm, compared to standard stock bulb at about 1200-1300lm and with the more powerful ones at about 1500lm! 
Considering this, I currently have my eye on Philips' White Visions, which should be at very white-ish 4200-4300K with the power of 1500 lumens, so I hope to get the light output as well as the white-ish colour. Shame, I have one unopened box of Hypers left and one another completely good set of GE's Megalight Ultras - but they are very yellow-ish compared to other bulbs (Nightbreakers for example)...

Good information there bud. Im nearly 100% that the Hypers were brighter than these CEUK headlights. Also I notice that the light pattern is very centralised. I know there's a cut off for light above, but below the cut off there seems to be little to no light. It's not lighting the road below the cutoff is what I'm saying. Pretty sure the Hypers lit the road up below the cutoff.

Glad to be helpful :wink:

Recently, I found this guy on YouTube, who's been doing some nice comparisons of the bulbs which I'm considering, so you may want to check that out and maybe decide to switch to different set for your low beams: https://www.youtube.com/user/sorcerer21ro/videos

I think I know what you mean with the cutoff, I once had a similar problem, with the stock bulbs on my mom's Fiesta, the top of the bulb with that little "cap" (I'm sorry, I have no idea how it's called :biggrin:) - but it was half way off when I took the bulb out and after I blew on it a bit, it went completely off. So I just bought new bulbs and all was fine. I went with Nightbreakers for this one, because they are proven and after all a great set of bulbs. 

• Like 1

I know this is a bit late to the thread, but when you put your H&R springs on, did you have any noises when braking afterwards? Got mine fitted the other day and my mechanic couldn't find the cause of it. Thinks it might be the anti roll bar rubbing because it's sitting at a different angle now?

Cracking work you've done to your car so far though ;)

• Like 1

I know this is a bit late to the thread, but when you put your H&R springs on, did you have any noises when braking afterwards? Got mine fitted the other day and my mechanic couldn't find the cause of it. Thinks it might be the anti roll bar rubbing because it's sitting at a different angle now?
Cracking work you've done to your car so far though ;)

No noises when braking but there's a hell of a lot of knocking at low speed from front ds and rear ps that disappears when doing anything above 15mph. I asked about and one or two said about the springs not fitting exactly.

Just read through this - very inspiring and a great looking example!

As for the consideration for an estate, I would! Not being biased or anything...

B918C286-F262-4DF8-B597-B0926B714D6D.jpg

IMG_0515.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks. Apologies Ive not made many updates over the last few weeks, head has been up my back door oesophagus.

My wife and I are currently house/mortgage hunting and it's extremely stressful. So much so that my car was nearly having to be put up for sale to fund the deposit. But despair not, circumstances have come about and the car will be kept for another while.

Also, seems like this forum has taken a slight turn for the worse, lots of upsets and a few people threatening to leave. Such a shame as I've always found people on here extremely helpful and always polite. It must be the time year lol

Anyway I doubt I'll have many mods in the coming months as most funds will be going towards saving for the house but I'll be keeping the car immaculate and hopefully get the wheels refurbed at some stage soon. Another thing is to have it booked it to suss out why the suspension is creaking and knocking hard. I'll get posting as soon as I know more.

So keep an eye those if you who have subscribed to my thread, I'm sorry to disappoint but I'll try and keep it up to date as much as possible.

One more thing, everyone chill out, it's a new year, start as you mean to go on and smile as much as possible :)

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club