Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Happy to help, even with somewhat limited knowledge blush.png wink.png
Already looking forward to see the results smile.png

I probably won't do anything straight away. I suspect a promotion coming up in work so I want to wait and see what happens there first. When I do anything, this forum will be the first to know :)
  • Like 1

That's always good to hear! Congrats! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Coilovers are stiffer, better performance to prevent body roll but harsher for a daily drive. They are height adjustable which is where the appeal is as opposed to static height with just lowering springs.

Wheel size has no affect if you choose the right size, meaning you can go 18", but the tire profile must be reduced, e.g. Going from 215/50 r17 to 235/40 r18. The overall wheel diameter MUST NOT change.

Now, if you do go for a wider wheel you do not need spacers. Spacers will align the wheels to the body a bit more if you keep the same tire width, but you can definitely still lower the car.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

I'm nearly sure my tyres are 225 40 18 ? What do Ford recommend for 18 alloys ?

That's the tyre size on my 18's.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Correction-
They are actually 235/40/R18.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

your car looks great fella and love the blue strip on the rear

• Like 1

Correction-
They are actually 235/40/R18.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hmm, I wonder how mine are 225 width ? Wow t affect anything being narrower than recommend would it ?

your car looks great fella and love the blue strip on the rear

Cheers pal. Yea really enjoying it lately. I'm just keeping it good and tidy until such time when I'm ready to change. Hopefully this time next year.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cheers pal. Yea really enjoying it lately. I'm just keeping it good and tidy until such time when I'm ready to change. Hopefully this time next year.

That is weird. Stock size tire would be 235/40r18, it won't affect anything though.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. Not much of an update really but the car just had it's yearly service there with the usual local Ford dealer. New spark plugs this time and an oil change with filter too. Car is so quiet now on idle, it's great. Also I dont get the hesitation low in the revs anymore so I'm happy. He found out what the knocking on the front was too, I need a new strut mount on the driver side cause one of the 3 bolts had broken due to it not being tightened enough when the lowering springs were put on.

The car was booked for an interior valet too but the guy phoned in sick so that didn't happen although the mechanic gave the interior a quick hoover and wipe down for nothing so that was a bonus.

I bought one of the coin try inserts for the armrest off eBay for like £6 lol Tidies up and hides whatever i have in there. Does the job.

Also came across some wheel spacers that a few members on the FocusST forum have mentioned. £108 for 2 pairs of 20mm. I'll give these a go and see what happens. Obviously being so cheap there could be quality issues but I figure if those guys have them on a more powerful car than mine with no problems then it's worth a shot.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400911128285

Not much else to report. Will give her a good scrub today if I can get out.

These arrived today. Look ok, quite heavier than I expected. I'm not actually sure how these work, I assume I use the nuts provided to attach the spacer to the hub then the threaded bits on the spacer are what the wheels attach to using stock nuts ?

1486500759818.jpg.3499840b154dbcdebef849

1486500773404.jpg.3c825e99c0863f7a54314b

• Like 1

Provided nuts fix spacers on the hubs, original nuts fix wheels on spacers, like you said :)

I have to say that I'm not that confident with purchasing "unknown" brand when it comes to things like spacers (or springs, shocks, etc...), but if you have reliable source then I guess it's ok. It's definitely a much better prize than I paid for my H&Rs, which cost almost GBP 200,- for two pairs (20+25mm). 

I look forward to see them on your car, I believe it gets the look you're seeking, it will allign the wheels nicely with the car :)

• Like 1

Provided nuts fix spacers on the hubs, original nuts fix wheels on spacers, like you said :)
I have to say that I'm not that confident with purchasing "unknown" brand when it comes to things like spacers (or springs, shocks, etc...), but if you have reliable source then I guess it's ok. It's definitely a much better prize than I paid for my H&Rs, which cost almost GBP 200,- for two pairs (20+25mm). 
I look forward to see them on your car, I believe it gets the look you're seeking, it will allign the wheels nicely with the car :)

Looking forward to seeing them installed yea. I wouldn't say my source is reliable but many ST owners have them on STOC UK from what I can see and the actual product itself has quite a few good reviews on eBay so I'm basing my expectations on this lol But yes I too feel slightly apprehensive about an unknown brand but I'm willing to take the chance. I will report back when I have them installed.
  • Like 1

I've not kept up with this thread or others so excuse my ignorance But why are you fitting wheel spacers? Are you intending to extend the wheel arches? You have to be careful how the wheels will stick out if beyond the wheel arches then your in poo street coz it's illegal.
I've had 2 mk3 focus's and seen thousands of others but I can't see why to space out the wheel as standard fit the wheel well well.

• Like 1

I've not kept up with this thread or others so excuse my ignorance But why are you fitting wheel spacers? Are you intending to extend the wheel arches? You have to be careful how the wheels will stick out if beyond the wheel arches then your in poo street coz it's illegal.
I've had 2 mk3 focus's and seen thousands of others but I can't see why to space out the wheel as standard fit the wheel well well.

Yea I know this. I'm not doing it to bring them past the arches, just making the wheels almost-flush with them. As it sits now the wheels are buried inside the arches, looks worse with the car being lowered. I've done a good bit of reading before actually going through with the purchase so I'd like to think I'm clued up a bit more than usual.

Ahhh ok. I see why your doing it then. Will keep an eye out for your pics with the spacers. Hope all goes well.

• Like 1

Ahhh ok. I see why your doing it then. Will keep an eye out for your pics with the spacers. Hope all goes well.

Me too lol

Yea I'm not going monster truck/go kart stance. Something sensible just lol

Me too lol

Yea I'm not going monster truck/go kart stance. Something sensible just lol

Are they on yet?
Want to see pics, don't keep us waiting!
I'm definitely getting spacers.

Are they on yet?
Want to see pics, don't keep us waiting!
I'm definitely getting spacers.

Not on yet bud. Have to get some time to myself lol At work at the minute. Hopefully get them on either on or before the weekend. Won't be tonight I don't think :(

I just got some wheel nut covers there too, black ones :)

Actually can't wait to get my spacers on tomorrow morn. First thing I'm doing then washing the car. Pics to follow :)

• Like 2

Kuga wheels mate ;)

Don't even tempt me lol I like the wheels.inhwve but keep wondering about 19s. The ones you have are awesome but the split 5 spoke Kuga alloys are pretty cool too. I'm not sure how coilovers + 19s would help my spine though. Depending on how the spacers go, I'm hoping to have coilovers soon after.

I was going to get the split 5 spokes before ones i actually bought. In the end they reminded me too much of the split 5 spoke 17" wheels it came with

• Like 1

I was going to get the split 5 spokes before ones i actually bought. In the end they reminded me too much of the split 5 spoke 17" wheels it came with

I always preferred them since I saw the pic of a grey focus with them from the US. Think I posted the pic earlier in this thread. But since seeing yours, yea I'd have them too.

Gearing up to get the wheel spacers on here at the minute. Getting a nice cuppa tea then I'll get started.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club