Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

It sure looks misalligned to me too, my friend. And what's up with that "bump" in the driver side beam? Visible on the bottom left poster on the door...or is that just a reflection? You definitely should take it to some garage to get them alligned. I have good experience with garages that also prepare cars for MOT, which usually have better equipment and take their time with the allignment, so it's really the way it should be. 

• Like 1

It sure looks misalligned to me too, my friend. And what's up with that "bump" in the driver side beam? Visible on the bottom left poster on the door...or is that just a reflection? You definitely should take it to some garage to get them alligned. I have good experience with garages that also prepare cars for MOT, which usually have better equipment and take their time with the allignment, so it's really the way it should be. 

I think that's supposed to be the normal kick you get in the bulbs:

\__ \__ = that sorta thing

But because the left headlight is stuck inside, it can only move so much, meaning the driver side is always pointing lower no matter what setting I have the height switches too.

It's definitely off centre because at night I see far too much light on the left side and not enough on the driver side. I'll have to fix the inner bezel first then go for alignment. I swear, ive spent so much money on alignment, no one can seem to get it right.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh, ok, I was looking at it wrong...but it's definitely aimed too much to the left. 

The aftermarket lights are always a solution, I saw these on eBay many times, along with some others, but these have that kind of OEM-ish look of Ford's xenon lights with DRLs, I would go for them too if I had MK3. But, also, it's a different kind of money than few bucks for allignment.

Open up the light it's self m8 and have a look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to heat it in the oven or cut it open. Don't fancy that tbh :|

I'd have to heat it in the oven or cut it open. Don't fancy that tbh :|

Yeh in the oven that's wat I was thinking m8 I opened up my Honda Civic light to spray it inside ... which il b doing to the focus wen it's abit warmer
Just thought maybe save urself the coin and attempt to fix it yerself m8

Yeh in the oven that's wat I was thinking m8 I opened up my Honda Civic light to spray it inside ... which il b doing to the focus wen it's abit warmer
Just thought maybe save urself the coin and attempt to fix it yerself m8

Apparently the MK3 headlights are a clean nightmare to take apart thanks to the permaseal. If I had a spare set maybe, I'd prob just dremel them open with a thin circular cutter. Other than that I'll just have to get my hand in there and 'forcfully persuade' the bigger back I to position.

• Like 1

Also mate ya don't need to put the light in the oven ... I just used a hairdryer [emoji23] done the job .. I wud try it mate ...if it doesn't work out go the aftermarket route ..

• Like 1

So I had a better look at my headlights tonight. It turned out it was some pi$$ head wbk had altered the horizontal alignment too far to the left. I managed to lodge a bit for my screwdriver in the socket and move it back to the same point as driver side. I'm sure it's not spose to be the same as driver side but it's a start. I'll get it looked at by a garage during the week.

Driver side:

1487360116064.jpg.aec5b731bb91cb85424dbf

Passenger side:

1487360141656.jpg.f828c69ada45d87efea184

I also changed out a flickering side light bulb. Those CEUK ones are just clean awful. Terrible life on them. In saying that, I've swapped them for other 501 bulbs that came in the set. I think they were labeled for the boot lights or courtesy lights:

1487360218194.jpg.9c89fdece53dabd5750d5c

Here it is on the right with normal crappy bulb on the left:

1487360246553.jpg.edbb8b3da2e714c0aea280

I think it's actually brighter and more blue than the other one.

Definitely brighter:

1487360284125.jpg.ad8770eba6da820981aa69

1487360295274.jpg.b16daafbca0d05e4f17ce1

• Like 2

Help me people. I'm thinking of changing the car for something bigger. Wife and I have just got sale agreed on our first home so as life is progressing pretty quickly I fancy a larger family car with a bit of poke. I can't stop looking at 2012 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0t. Are they any good ? Anyone drive one ? Can't seem to stop looking at them, love the front end and size of the boot.

Or maybe you guys can suggest another hot hatch/saloon for around £8.5k.

• Like 1

Audi A4 2litre turbo m8 was looking at them b4 the st or the vxr vectra .. was after 1 of them also not many about norn ire

Whats wrong with sticking with Ford and go for a tit x sport mondeo. By far better than the VRS which I used to really like till I drove one and hated it after. Ride was ***** and it didn't impress on giving it a boot full.

Whats wrong with sticking with Ford and go for a tit x sport mondeo. By far better than the VRS which I used to really like till I drove one and hated it after. Ride was ***** and it didn't impress on giving it a boot full.

The decent Mondeo TitX Sports are all diesel which I refuse to have. They are cracking looking cars though. The newer petrol ones are out of my budget. I haven't actually driven a vRS yet so can't say how I feel about them.

Another route would be spending the same money on a MK2.5 ST3 5Door. I've driven 2x of these and both times I couldn't believe the performance. It's the cost of filling the thing that's scaring me. Although I only really drove less than 3 miles to and from work everyday.

• Like 1

Ano mate me and the miss just had a first child and the cost of fuel is killing me [emoji23]

• Like 1

Ano mate me and the miss just had a first child and the cost of fuel is killing me [emoji23]

Aw don't be telling me that. Lol. I really want one.

• Like 1

The joys [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm putting £40 in my 1.6 nearly every week as it stands. If the ST is similar to this then it wouldn't make much difference to me lol other than the fact it have the bigger engine.

I wud put around £40 to £50 a week mate.. don't really drive it that much on big journeys tho mostly just to and from work .. about 4mile away but traffic always hacktic ffs

• Like 1

Tough choices...can't really see the ST as a "bigger familly car", but lets put that aside for now, lol :D 

I would also go for Mondeo Titanium X/S, but I agree that finding one with petrol engine is very hard for decent money. I also like MK2,5 ST, but I probably wouldn't go with older car as I currently have if I was you. Maybe a Mk3 ST estate? 

• Like 1

Exactly in what way a bigger car do you mean kpg? My experience with my last mk3 focus was me in drivers seat. Wife in front passenger seat. Daughter sat behind driver. Her 11yr old son in middle and the Princess in her seat behind her nanna. In the boot an Alpine 8" boxed sub. Princess's folded pram. A medium sized suitcase would fit along with 2 holdalls.
I'd assume the focus estate has a slightly bigger (floorspace) boot But things like bags etc can be stacked up.
This is for your info and hope it helps. Get a ST estate yipeeeee best of all world's and future proof (so longs as you don't have more than 3 kids)

• Like 1

Oh. I forgot to mention that in that focus I raised the boot floor by 3" (using a building insulation material cut to shape) to accommodate a power amp which drove the door Speakers.
So with a Raised floor I got all that I mentioned in the boot comfortably. (I do have a thread on here with pics of my car install but I'm beggard if I can find it using the app)

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 0:52 PM, tazzman600 said:

Exactly in what way a bigger car do you mean kpg? My experience with my last mk3 focus was me in drivers seat. Wife in front passenger seat. Daughter sat behind driver. Her 11yr old son in middle and the Princess in her seat behind her nanna. In the boot an Alpine 8" boxed sub. Princess's folded pram. A medium sized suitcase would fit along with 2 holdalls.
I'd assume the focus estate has a slightly bigger (floorspace) boot But things like bags etc can be stacked up.
This is for your info and hope it helps. Get a ST estate yipeeeee best of all world's and future proof (so longs as you don't have more than 3 kids)

What he is actually trying to say is he wants an estate to join the club.

• Like 1

Some good replies here lads lol

Turns out, after getting an agreed sale and mortgage application on the wife and mines first house, I may have to let the focus go for something a lot cheaper to do me for a while. Nothing is certain yet but there is a chance the focus will go.

Obviously I'm happy about our first house but not impressed about the possibility losing the car.

That's just life I suppose.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club