Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

10 hours ago, kpg said:

I chickened out!

I didn't go to see the car lol i just sat thinking about it and come to the conclusion that if i went to drive it i would return home cursing the car that i have for being so slow lol

I also don't want to just 'settle' for any ST. So im going to save a bitta cash and wait for the ST3 Estate. That is a dream car of mine so id be better to wait.

Im perfectly contented with the car i have though. It gets heads turning everywhere actually. I had a good laugh today when two fiestas full of lads nearly collided trying to croon their necks for a better look lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Smart choice. Really. Admitedly, it would be so much fun to drive the ST, but since you're saving up for another ST, you get there anyway. I drove ST estate (even the diesel/automatic one) and it was sooo much fun to drive, it just went whereever I pointed it to and the sound was amazing! It's much quieter inside than the MK2 (which you already know since you now have the MK3), but the engine sound is just exactly where you want it to be...I don't know if that makes any sense, lol, but you just hear it when you are expected to hear it, at a volume you're expected to hear it...

So what I wanted to say is that you don't have to beat yourself up for missing out on the ST, the MK3 ST will make up for it plenty eventually :wink:

• Like 1

I think you should wait until the mk4 Focus comes out next year which will lead to the mk3 been heavily discounted.  Sure if the mk4 is a much better car which I will expect it to be you could get that instead.  I was going to get a normal mk3 myself in the summer but with the new car coming next year I would of been cursing myself for not waiting.  

• Like 2

I think you should wait until the mk4 Focus comes out next year which will lead to the mk3 been heavily discounted.  Sure if the mk4 is a much better car which I will expect it to be you could get that instead.  I was going to get a normal mk3 myself in the summer but with the new car coming next year I would of been cursing myself for not waiting.  

Interesting point about the MK4. i suspect it'll be too expensive for me to jump into a brand new. I prefer to buy my cars outright than finance them. Hopefully with the MK4 coming out the MK3s will drop in price a good bit. Right now im looking at about 13k for the right ST3 Estate.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kpg said:

Interesting point about the MK4. i suspect it'll be too expensive for me to jump into a brand new. I prefer to buy my cars outright than finance them. Hopefully with the MK4 coming out the MK3s will drop in price a good bit. Right now im looking at about 13k for the right ST3 Estate.

Sure don't ya have fine looking car as it is.  The only part of the mk3 I don't like is the front grills( some people don't like the open fish mouth of the mk2.5)  but the rest of the car as standard looks nice and you done a great job modding yours.  I would wait until next year to get the mk3 st when the mk4 is out.  I am the same myself.  I only buy cars when I have the amount for it in my Bank Account.  

• Like 2

Sure don't ya have fine looking car as it is.  The only part of the mk3 I don't like is the front grills( some people don't like the open fish mouth of the mk2.5)  but the rest of the car as standard looks nice and you done a great job modding yours.  I would wait until next year to get the mk3 st when the mk4 is out.  I am the same myself.  I only buy cars when I have the amount for it in my Bank Account.  

Yea that's the plan. Although i still have a few things I'd like to do/get for the car now. I'll be wrapping it over the Easter break on my own time then I'll prob get the wheels done in panther black. Other thing I've been thinking about is just getting the standard back box modified for a mock dual exit and eventually some nice gel badges to tie it all together.

• Like 2

I didn't realise that the law has changed regarding wrapping. Apparently the dvla now sees anything that covers more than a certain % of the cars original colour is classed as a modification and should be changed on the log book. Also, from reading, looks like insurance companies don't look too kindly on wrapping.

Maybe Stoney could chime in on the legality side of it?

Anyways, I'll be giving my insurance company​ a call today to see what sort of premium they'll charge.

As the owner of a wrapped Focus I can confirm that you need to advise DVLA and get the log book updated if you change the colour of your car. As for insurance I've incurred no uplift for getting the wrap although I appreciate that this may vary between insurance companies.

• Like 1

As the owner of a wrapped Focus I can confirm that you need to advise DVLA and get the log book updated if you change the colour of your car. As for insurance I've incurred no uplift for getting the wrap although I appreciate that this may vary between insurance companies.

Excellent Dan. I'm just off the phone with my insurance company and they've said there is no extra charge for the wrap. Good news all round then.

Were there any issues when you changed your colour Dan ? How long did it take the log book to come back ?
  • Like 1

Good to hear.

No issues with the log book. As I remember it took a couple of weeks to get it back. I took a scan of it before I sent it off just in case there were any issues whilst I was waiting for it.

• Like 1

Well this is the result after today's attempts:

1492455750088.jpg

1492455771974.jpg

1492455802501.jpg

• Like 3

Looks smart

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Class m8 ... ya leaving the roof black?? Also ya changing colour of the wheels?? Loving the colour mate ... ya can do mine nxt [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Class m8 ... ya leaving the roof black?? Also ya changing colour of the wheels?? Loving the colour mate ... ya can do mine nxt [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lol no sweat !

Roof and wing mirrors staying black. Wheels going black next week hopefully [emoji4]

Plans sound spot on m8 get fly eye for yer front and rear headlights mate ... sorta stealth look [emoji102]

• Like 1

***** the st m8 it can wait [emoji23][emoji23]yer motor guna get some looks now ... class m8

• Like 1

Plans sound spot on m8 get fly eye for yer front and rear headlights mate ... sorta stealth look [emoji102]

***** the st m8 it can wait [emoji23][emoji23]yer motor guna get some looks now ... class m8

The st will be next year [emoji6]

Few plans still in the pipeline:

Side skirt splitters
TRC headlight brows
New headlights possibly
Gel badges
Maybe RS spoiler
  • Like 2

Sounds good m8

Did ya go to portrush on Sunday? I know there was loads from Belfast down ... wasn't down myself weather was ***** usall stuff lol

Sounds good m8

Did ya go to portrush on Sunday? I know there was loads from Belfast down ... wasn't down myself weather was ***** usall stuff lol

Nah didn't go. Wanted the car to be wrapped before going to any sorta meet. Gearing up bigtime for FordFair Portrush in the summer.

Defo wanna go myself mate ... I know my wee m8 going in the cossie lol wats the date ya know? For fordfair?

• Like 1

Defo wanna go myself mate ... I know my wee m8 going in the cossie lol wats the date ya know? For fordfair?

Se nt from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye you should. If you're going we could organise to buy 3 slots in a row. Or more if anyone else fancies it. Show our FOC support [emoji4].

No date yet, I'll be keeping an eye on Facebook but as soon as it's released I'll do a thread on here to try get some numbers.

Yes m8 do that keep me posted [emoji23] think he mite hav others with him also .. the more the merrier lol il no more wen I no the dates m8

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club