Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

1 hour ago, kpg said:

I actually did a Snapchat after the car was unwrapped with AC/DC - Back In Black playing over a walkaround of the car lol

I think I did webuyanycar a while ago and wasn't impressed with the results. I heard they can be picky at the smallest thing to try and decrease what they pay out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That's true but their initial quote can be useful for finding out what the ball park figure for part-ex is.

• Like 1

What. Have. You. Done???!

Of course it looks great both wrapped and unwrapped, but now you've shown me how good my black Ti would look with accented grills! Why?

WHYYYYYY?!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What. Have. You. Done???!

Of course it looks great both wrapped and unwrapped, but now you've shown me how good my black Ti would look with accented grills! Why?

WHYYYYYY?!!

Lol get it done Phil. I say the same blue as mine or yellow would work well with your car [emoji4] but then for subtle id say gloss carbon wrap.

I might have to now you git!

Yeah I like the blue you have or I was thinking an ice blue that matches the interior as it looks like that blue is slightly darker, though still nice! I'm not really feeling yellow, though I'm sure that would suit, but whatever colour I'd have to get gel badges that match.

What's the word on notifying dvla or insurance with a slight colour change like this? It's not a large part of the car but I know how picky establishments can be.

Hmm, gloss carbon...

Also do you think this small amount of is self-doable (if you're not you I mean, Keifer!)? I have a bit of experience with flat window vinyl etc but not wrapping... willing to have a go though!

• Like 1

I might have to now you git!

Yeah I like the blue you have or I was thinking an ice blue that matches the interior as it looks like that blue is slightly darker, though still nice! I'm not really feeling yellow, though I'm sure that would suit, but whatever colour I'd have to get gel badges that match.

What's the word on notifying dvla or insurance with a slight colour change like this? It's not a large part of the car but I know how picky establishments can be.

Hmm, gloss carbon...

Also do you think this small amount of is self-doable (if you're not you I mean, Keifer!)? I have a bit of experience with flat window vinyl etc but not wrapping... willing to have a go though!

Lol yea sky blue would be cool. Definitely have a go, it can be tricky to reach the corners sonic suggest taking the grills out to do them. Have a hair dryer or heat gun handy as it'll help a lot to tuck the corners in and just make sure it's cleaned thoroughly before starting, any dust or dirt will make it look like poo.

All you can do it try and cause it's vinyl no harm done if you make a mistake.

• Like 1

Thanks I may give it a go. Problem is the rest of the exterior of the car is pretty much stock so might look a bit odd without other bits. Particularly 17 or 18 inch wheels, the front lip and a zetec s spoiler. Budget might not run to all that though...

• Like 1

Smart ***** [emoji41]
Of course you're right.
ST220 (Mondeo) was in my head as one just drove by as I was typing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Talking of mondeos they did ST24 , ST200 & later ST220.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tomorrow I am going to view the blue ST. It's a private sale and the guy has said he'd be willing to do a part exchange for mine. Now, the car is priced at £10,995 for straight sale or £11,500 for px.. I'd be hoping that he'd accept my offer of £6,500 and my car to seal the deal. That would be £5,000 for my car.

Am I being unreasonable here or not?

I've said that I wouldn't like my car to go for less than £5,000 considering the extras installed, the condition of the paintwork and the general condition of the car. Granted there are a few marks that were beyond my control such as stone chips and the odd rim scuff.

Also he has the ST sorned at the minute due to already buying a new car. So why would he accept a part exchange if he already has a new car? And is trying to offload the ST at the same time? Does this ring alarm bells with anyone?

1 hour ago, kpg said:

Tomorrow I am going to view the blue ST. It's a private sale and the guy has said he'd be willing to do a part exchange for mine. Now, the car is priced at £10,995 for straight sale or £11,500 for px.. I'd be hoping that he'd accept my offer of £6,500 and my car to seal the deal. That would be £5,000 for my car.

Am I being unreasonable here or not?

I've said that I wouldn't like my car to go for less than £5,000 considering the extras installed, the condition of the paintwork and the general condition of the car. Granted there are a few marks that were beyond my control such as stone chips and the odd rim scuff.

Also he has the ST sorned at the minute due to already buying a new car. So why would he accept a part exchange if he already has a new car? And is trying to offload the ST at the same time? Does this ring alarm bells with anyone?

all i will say is if for any reason you have any doubts after viewing walk away there's plenty other cars around.. also would also think about any come back you have on it. e.g warranty period which with private is most likely 0. It does seem cheap for an ST but i may be wrong as i haven't done much homework. Though he sounds like a private dealer to me so may sell yours for small profit.

Personally though asking 5k for yours is very reasonable.. i'm surprised others think they are worth less than that it may be 2011 model but its in excellent condition.

• Like 1

all i will say is if for any reason you have any doubts after viewing walk away there's plenty other cars around.. also would also think about any come back you have on it. e.g warranty period which with private is most likely 0. It does seem cheap for an ST but i may be wrong as i haven't done much homework. Though he sounds like a private dealer to me so may sell yours for small profit.
Personally though asking 5k for yours is very reasonable.. i'm surprised others think they are worth less than that it may be 2011 model but its in excellent condition.
Thanks for the advice pal.

The car is a 2014 model with 50kish miles and, seemingly, one owner. I does look spotless from the pics but then so does mine, I know where all the bad bits are so I try and stay away from them when photographing.

All I can do is go have a look. We'll prob talk numbers anyway. My car is due mot next month so I wonder if that will affect his interest in the car. Me, I'm 85% sure the car would pass though if it fails I probably wouldn't be surprised if it's to do with shocks/bushes.

Either way, going for it or not, I won't be leaving with the car tomorrow so it'll give him and I a bit of time to mull it over.

50k miles is enough to ruin the car - technically. The engine could be close to death (reving it while cold, not cooling down the turbo after drive, etc...), maybe shocks/suspension is ruined...you can't tell that from the pics. And the ST in hands of unexperienced owner is a receipt for disaster. Just few days ago, on one local facebook group we were discussing one MK2,5 RS, with not so many more miles and looking quite allright from the first look (basically only in a need of detailing) and the prize was more that good, but when more people knowing the car's history joined the discussion, the ugly truth was revealed - the car was driven on a track a lot, not maintained properly after that, probably bumped into from behind, front bumper was basically glued on that thing...and so on...

Another example is my friend, who exchanged his near-mint Mondeo Mk3 2,2TDCi for Focus Mk2,5 2,0TDCi with this one guy, who basically ripped him off. For example, he only showed him the Focus when the engine was warmed up, but when he started it after few days after cold night, knocking was heard all over the engine...and...long story short, new turbo, new engine (!!!), new suspension and exhaust system - that's just a handful of things that he ended up changing on the car...and from what I heard, it's still not 100%.

I don't want to scare you, just saying to be careful and look for the little things that may indicate inproper behaviour...more importantly, if the seller is willing to trade the cars with you...he can then easily sell yours and have money from you and from your car as well...

• Like 1

50k miles is enough to ruin the car - technically. The engine could be close to death (reving it while cold, not cooling down the turbo after drive, etc...), maybe shocks/suspension is ruined...you can't tell that from the pics. And the ST in hands of unexperienced owner is a receipt for disaster. Just few days ago, on one local facebook group we were discussing one MK2,5 RS, with not so many more miles and looking quite allright from the first look (basically only in a need of detailing) and the prize was more that good, but when more people knowing the car's history joined the discussion, the ugly truth was revealed - the car was driven on a track a lot, not maintained properly after that, probably bumped into from behind, front bumper was basically glued on that thing...and so on...
Another example is my friend, who exchanged his near-mint Mondeo Mk3 2,2TDCi for Focus Mk2,5 2,0TDCi with this one guy, who basically ripped him off. For example, he only showed him the Focus when the engine was warmed up, but when he started it after few days after cold night, knocking was heard all over the engine...and...long story short, new turbo, new engine (!!!), new suspension and exhaust system - that's just a handful of things that he ended up changing on the car...and from what I heard, it's still not 100%.

I don't want to scare you, just saying to be careful and look for the little things that may indicate inproper behaviour...more importantly, if the seller is willing to trade the cars with you...he can then easily sell yours and have money from you and from your car as well...
Well you have scared me a little lol I know it is always risky buying a car privately, I've only ever done it once before and I ended up with the cracker I have now. Beginners luck maybe. There's maybe a bigger risk this time for me as the new car will be partially paid with a loan so anything that might go wrong afterwards will be extremely frustrating. Either way, all I can do is go have a look, I'm pretty sure I know the basics to look for when buying a car privately but if anyone has anything else I should look for that they know about please do let me know.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, kpg said:

Well, got the car polished up nicely today, all ready for a potential buyer :'(

1502312325121.jpg1502312336799.jpg1502312351580.jpg1502312363191.jpg

I have disconnected the drls for now so I can run my yellow fog lights. I don't like all the lights on at one go.

the car looks good fella and think it looks better back in black some how. im sure if your car did fail the m.o.t it would be on wear and tear bits as it looks well maintained and very well cared for. would be a shame for you to sell it but as they say on wards and up wards to bigger and better things. if you do go for the st I look forward to seeing what you do to it to make it your own mate. as said if some thing don't seem right then walk away as you don't want to be stuck with a lemon.

• Like 2

the car looks good fella and think it looks better back in black some how. im sure if your car did fail the m.o.t it would be on wear and tear bits as it looks well maintained and very well cared for. would be a shame for you to sell it but as they say on wards and up wards to bigger and better things. if you do go for the st I look forward to seeing what you do to it to make it your own mate. as said if some thing don't seem right then walk away as you don't want to be stuck with a lemon.
Don't get me wrong, I still love the car I have. It still surprises me sometimes when I think 'this is so underpowered' and then away it goes like a stabbed rat. Obviously an ST is aot quicker though.

Put it this way, I won't be disappointed if I go and decide I don't like the ST. I still have an amazing car to keep me happy lol

3 hours ago, kpg said:

Well you have scared me a little lol I know it is always risky buying a car privately, I've only ever done it once before and I ended up with the cracker I have now. Beginners luck maybe. There's maybe a bigger risk this time for me as the new car will be partially paid with a loan so anything that might go wrong afterwards will be extremely frustrating. Either way, all I can do is go have a look, I'm pretty sure I know the basics to look for when buying a car privately but if anyone has anything else I should look for that they know about please do let me know.

Heh, sorry about scaring you, lol, I just wanted to point out - basically - looks can be deceiving. Btw, by saying you can "only have a look" means that you can't drive the thing around a little bit??? Well, I don't know what's custom with purchasing cars in UK, but I would demand to have a drive in the car, if I would be seriously interested in it - and especially when I have to drive somewhere to see it (and not let the dealership bring it to me to their nearest location). 

This alone would scare me a little bit, when I would have to switch my car (and some money with it) for a car that I didn't even drive before :mellow:

• Like 1

Heh, sorry about scaring you, lol, I just wanted to point out - basically - looks can be deceiving. Btw, by saying you can "only have a look" means that you can't drive the thing around a little bit??? Well, I don't know what's custom with purchasing cars in UK, but I would demand to have a drive in the car, if I would be seriously interested in it - and especially when I have to drive somewhere to see it (and not let the dealership bring it to me to their nearest location). 
This alone would scare me a little bit, when I would have to switch my car (and some money with it) for a car that I didn't even drive before mellow.png
Sorry that's my slang coming into play, my 'having a look' means yes I'll be getting a good drive in the thing and a thorough going over lol

Also, turns out I misread the ad and the guy is posting as a 'Trade' seller. He must sell cars himself privately or something.

• Like 1

Oh, that's a relief :) ... so in that case, it doesn't seem that risky, maybe I would throw my advice here from the previous post, if possible, start the car with cold engine, so you can hear if there is something which shouldn't be there...and then take it for a drive to see if it acts normally :) 

• Like 1

Oh, that's a relief :) ... so in that case, it doesn't seem that risky, maybe I would throw my advice here from the previous post, if possible, start the car with cold engine, so you can hear if there is something which shouldn't be there...and then take it for a drive to see if it acts normally :) 

Should I be worried that the car doesn't show up when I put the reg into Ford Etis or comparethrmarket ? [emoji52]

EDIT: It does show up on dvla check however. It's shows that it has been motd and is currently sorned.

Check it's MOT history online. Someone on here has a link to the government site.

• Like 1

I don't know how well the UK reg-check system works, but I always rather use VIN # to check...it also should work for etis better I think

You can use the app mot history .just punch in reg number & it will tell you all advisories ,passes & fails.
Like said dont know how well it works with ireland plates.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Are they 17s on your beast, Keifer?

• Like 1

Are they 17s on your beast, Keifer?

They are 18s my friend.

Been to see the ST.

Long story short it was a good looking car and we agreed that my car and £6300 would get me in it. The only thing is it was riddled with stone chips on the front so no, I will not be having it. I wouldn't be happy with it in the condition it was.

55 minutes ago, kpg said:

Been to see the ST.

Long story short it was a good looking car and we agreed that my car and £6300 would get me in it. The only thing is it was riddled with stone chips on the front so no, I will not be having it. I wouldn't be happy with it in the condition it was.

im sure theres a good one out there for you bud!