Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

2 minutes ago, kpg said:

No worries, I thought it might have been that one anyways. I actually think that there's a bit of a dip in my driveway as looking at it in the local Car park it's seems level enough, seems ok.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

that's a strange one then but as you say there is a bit of a clonk or thud every so often I would defo get it checked out asap as if some thing don't sound right then it probley isn't right. hope you get the the bottom of it soon mate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Car has been in at Ford for the Mot check, all good. I mentioned the knocking but again they couldn't see anything worrying so I'm still jsutnas stumped.

MOT is tomorrow so all being well itll pass and my nerves will be back to normal.

On a side note, I've got my eye on a nice Mondeo TITX again..this one is actually quite local which is very rare indeed. I'm in Belfast next week so I'm thinking on dropping in for a test drive.

Linky linky:

2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X

What you think ?

Love it mate.

The colour, the gloss black honey comb front grills, the stance and performance.... :wub:

Autotrader reckons the price is very low as well (Autotrader really seems to value low mileage, which this one is when working out how much a car is worth).

Due to the really low miles for it's age I'd be giving it a good 20+ minute test drive, boot it a few times and also make sure it comes with at least 6 months warranty to cover the DPF whcih may be well on its way to being blocked due to the low mileage.

• Like 1

Very nice Mondeo indeed. Quite a low mileage on such "old" car too...no rearview cam though, at least I can't see the "hump" over license plate, and fitting one would probably (99% sure) require changing the whole MCA unit...just something to keep in mind - I remember that you fit one in your Focus...

Definitely give it a good run if you will go to check it out, the mileage could be a little suspicious for car like Mondeo, no one probably buys it just to go shopping twice a week...

Oh, and there's definitely no DPF which Damian mentioned above, so no worries about that :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScorpionSX said:

Very nice Mondeo indeed. Quite a low mileage on such "old" car too...no rearview cam though, at least I can't see the "hump" over license plate, and fitting one would probably (99% sure) require changing the whole MCA unit...just something to keep in mind - I remember that you fit one in your Focus...

Definitely give it a good run if you will go to check it out, the mileage could be a little suspicious for car like Mondeo, no one probably buys it just to go shopping twice a week...

Oh, and there's definitely no DPF which Damian mentioned above, so no worries about that :)

Oops, my bad.  I was looking at another thread and got confused, clearly there's no DPF on a petrol. :blush:

• Like 1

Thanks lads. Yea I'll get a good run in it and see how it is. I've never driven one before and only had very limited experience with an auto. I've always said manual for as long as I can remember but recently considering auto as long as the engine/power is right.

Am I right in saying the 2.0l is the same engine as the focus St ?

Edit: my reverse camera isn't working at the minute actually. I wonder how hard it'd be to wire one into the sat nav unit of that Mondeo ?

15 minutes ago, kpg said:

Thanks lads. Yea I'll get a good run in it and see how it is. I've never driven one before and only had very limited experience with an auto. I've always said manual for as long as I can remember but recently considering auto as long as the engine/power is right.

Edit: my reverse camera isn't working at the minute actually. I wonder how hard it'd be to wire one into the sat nav unit of that Mondeo ?

A MK4 Mondeo (even without the Sports suspension) is astonishingly agile for such a "big" car, much more involved that the equivalent Passat/Audi.  Plus, with a Ford badge on your car there is half a chance that someone will let you out of a busy junction....not much chance of that happening in an Audi saloon.

Enjoy

1 hour ago, kpg said:

Same here. Never really wanted auto, but recently considering it as the only option for my next car, whatever will it be.

The 2.0 in Mondeo is from the same EcoBoost "family", but I don't think it's the same one as is in Focus ST. That in no way means it doesn't have the same agility as the ST. Don't take my word for granted here, as I never actually thought about comparing these two engines and I'm only writing this by memory of not reading anything like "the engines are the same". Maybe someone else will correct me here :)

As for the camera, the wiring of original camera isn't technically hard, but it would be harder to get the parts. Original camera comes with the control unit which is mounted somewhere in the trunk area and it's wired two directions - one to the MCA (sat-nav) unit and one to the camera itself. I think this would be a PITA to get (for a decent price). Maybe, and this is a big maybe, the MCA unit can be "hacked" to run any camera, in which case it would be just a matter of getting one in the "aftermarket" section of your favourite shopping bay and wiring it to the front. But, you still need to change the MCA unit for the one that has a video-in connector. If it's not equipped with one from factory, it probably doesn't have one and it's not "plug&play" to install it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

A MK4 Mondeo (even without the Sports suspension) is astonishingly agile for such a "big" car, much more involved that the equivalent Passat/Audi.  Plus, with a Ford badge on your car there is half a chance that someone will let you out of a busy junction....not much chance of that happening in an Audi saloon.

Enjoy

My uncle has one of the first versions of the mk4 and he swears by his. It's a 2.0 diesel though and I don't think it has much 'poke' but from what I can see he has had not one bit of bother with his and that's through well over 6 years of ownership. He does say that front tyres go quicker than usual due to the engine being so heavy but then again that could just be in the diesel version. Another thing was a door locking mechanism failed but that's it.

2 hours ago, ScorpionSX said:

Same here. Never really wanted auto, but recently considering it as the only option for my next car, whatever will it be.

The 2.0 in Mondeo is from the same EcoBoost "family", but I don't think it's the same one as is in Focus ST. That in no way means it doesn't have the same agility as the ST. Don't take my word for granted here, as I never actually thought about comparing these two engines and I'm only writing this by memory of not reading anything like "the engines are the same". Maybe someone else will correct me here :)

As for the camera, the wiring of original camera isn't technically hard, but it would be harder to get the parts. Original camera comes with the control unit which is mounted somewhere in the trunk area and it's wired two directions - one to the MCA (sat-nav) unit and one to the camera itself. I think this would be a PITA to get (for a decent price). Maybe, and this is a big maybe, the MCA unit can be "hacked" to run any camera, in which case it would be just a matter of getting one in the "aftermarket" section of your favourite shopping bay and wiring it to the front. But, you still need to change the MCA unit for the one that has a video-in connector. If it's not equipped with one from factory, it probably doesn't have one and it's not "plug&play" to install it. 

Oh. I was under the impression the engine are the same but I know for sure the fuel and exhaust systems are different. Hence why the Focus comes with that extra 15bhp. I'm excited to try the power shift though. From what I've been reading (at work, all day, instead of actually working) it seems to be quite enjoyable/comfortable. With the option of using S/Sport mode makes me think maybe I wouldn't miss how involved a manual is i.e.. using the clutch. Push up for downshift and pull back for upshift. Imagine all that power being so effortless to use? Plus, now Superchips are doing a remap for the 240 mondeo. Up to nearly 270 I think!

Hmm, Through reading what little information there is on the reverse camera for these cars it seems that yes there is a module in the boot area that houses the appropriate wiring/connections for the reverse camera. the head unit should have 4 Fakra connections: black/white/blue and a beige/cream one higher up, this is for the reverse camera. It has been mentioned that all the facelift Mondeos (MK4.5) have the connections for the reverse camera if the unit came with satnav so it would just be a case of buying the camera and plugging it in but again, I don't know how much truth there is to that. Would be interesting if the dealer where I'm going would let me see behind the head unit lol I doubt it though.

• Like 1

lol kpg. To take the head unit out means you have to take out the trim pieces from the centre arm rest up to the head unit.
As for the car. If it's all kosher then snap his hands off. That car is worth 5 grand more.
The auto box is a dream. It's so good I don't use the sport mode in mine (unless I've had a blue smartie which I do now and then lol)
The mk4/4.5 is the Best Family car there is and that 2.0 ecoboost is a pearler.
Do make sure the mileage is correct and check it's service history. The service book should have at least 3 stamps even 4.
If it kosher then you'll love that car more than any other you've had. I love mine.

• Like 2

That does look nice. 

Were there ever available the black accent headlights for them like there are for focuseseses? That would look really sweet...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kpg said:

Car has been in at Ford for the Mot check, all good. I mentioned the knocking but again they couldn't see anything worrying so I'm still jsutnas stumped.

MOT is tomorrow so all being well itll pass and my nerves will be back to normal.

On a side note, I've got my eye on a nice Mondeo TITX again..this one is actually quite local which is very rare indeed. I'm in Belfast next week so I'm thinking on dropping in for a test drive.

Linky linky:

2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X

What you think ?

Beautiful car and the right engine too. I love the Tit X Sports.

• Like 1

Weirdly the car's registration shows on Ford ETIS and matches the exact vehicle description but the https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history web site cant find the registration.  Maybe the previous owner had a personalised plate, does anyone know if that would be the registration record on the MOT or would it be the "original" reg?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kpg said:

My uncle has one of the first versions of the mk4 and he swears by his. It's a 2.0 diesel though and I don't think it has much 'poke' but from what I can see he has had not one bit of bother with his and that's through well over 6 years of ownership. He does say that front tyres go quicker than usual due to the engine being so heavy but then again that could just be in the diesel version. Another thing was a door locking mechanism failed but that's it.

Oh. I was under the impression the engine are the same but I know for sure the fuel and exhaust systems are different. Hence why the Focus comes with that extra 15bhp. I'm excited to try the power shift though. From what I've been reading (at work, all day, instead of actually working) it seems to be quite enjoyable/comfortable. With the option of using S/Sport mode makes me think maybe I wouldn't miss how involved a manual is i.e.. using the clutch. Push up for downshift and pull back for upshift. Imagine all that power being so effortless to use? Plus, now Superchips are doing a remap for the 240 mondeo. Up to nearly 270 I think!

Hmm, Through reading what little information there is on the reverse camera for these cars it seems that yes there is a module in the boot area that houses the appropriate wiring/connections for the reverse camera. the head unit should have 4 Fakra connections: black/white/blue and a beige/cream one higher up, this is for the reverse camera. It has been mentioned that all the facelift Mondeos (MK4.5) have the connections for the reverse camera if the unit came with satnav so it would just be a case of buying the camera and plugging it in but again, I don't know how much truth there is to that. Would be interesting if the dealer where I'm going would let me see behind the head unit lol I doubt it though.

The build quality should be very high, of course, if it was taken care of. The mileage still looks a bit suspicious for a car like that, from that year. But what can you know, I have almost a 12y/o car and I have only 145k km on it, even newer cars come with twice that mileage, lol :D

The drive with auto could be still fun, like you said, you still have the "manual" option there too, very nice of Ford, that they actually use it correctly - push up for lower gear, push down for higher gear, plus the sport mode. I tried it once on the diesel Focus ST mk3,5 estate (I know, completely different car) and the sport mode was amazing...revving it up to the limiter...all-the-time! lol :biggrin: ...amazing experience!

So Mondeo with remap (even without), with this engine, that should be lot of fun :wink:

For the camera issue, yes you are correct, there are 4 fakra connections and the beige one is for the camera, but I'm really not sure about the statement about the sat-nav having them automatically. Because, if you check here: http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l=bWFya2V0PT1ldXJvfHxjYXRfaWQ9PTExMDAyfHxjYWJicj09R0NBMnx8dGhrPT0zfHxzdD09NjB8fHN0cz09eyIyMCI6IkV1cm9wZSIsIjMwIjoiTW9uZGVvIENBMiAyMDA3LSIsIjQwIjoiNCBFbGVjdHJpY2FsIiwiNTAiOiI0MTkwNyBFbGVjdHJpY2FsLk5hdmlnYXRpb24gU3lzdGVtIiwiNjAiOiI0MTkwNzA1IE5hdmlnYXRpb24gU3lzdGVtIn18fGFscGhhPT00fHxncm91cD09NDE5MDd8fHNlY3Q9PTQwMTlBUFB8fHNldD09QTI0MTkwN3x8aW1nPT1HMDE2MjgyMzA5fHxmMTI9PS02NDU4MTg4ODArMTM1

...you will see that the version 18K931F, which should be the one in the Mondeo you linked, has both "Rear View Camera" and "Less camera" options. Btw, this catalog is very good and shows basically the equipment for the car as is, all you have to do is put a VIN# on the main Ford page. For some reason I can't search for the license plate - EJIIJSY - am I putting it there correctly? So I can't use the VIN# and look myself to check what options you have for retrofit.

• Like 1

The build quality should be very high, of course, if it was taken care of. The mileage still looks a bit suspicious for a car like that, from that year. But what can you know, I have almost a 12y/o car and I have only 145k km on it, even newer cars come with twice that mileage, lol :D
The drive with auto could be still fun, like you said, you still have the "manual" option there too, very nice of Ford, that they actually use it correctly - push up for lower gear, push down for higher gear, plus the sport mode. I tried it once on the diesel Focus ST mk3,5 estate (I know, completely different car) and the sport mode was amazing...revving it up to the limiter...all-the-time! lol biggrin.png ...amazing experience!
So Mondeo with remap (even without), with this engine, that should be lot of fun wink.png

For the camera issue, yes you are correct, there are 4 fakra connections and the beige one is for the camera, but I'm really not sure about the statement about the sat-nav having them automatically. Because, if you check here: http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l=bWFya2V0PT1ldXJvfHxjYXRfaWQ9PTExMDAyfHxjYWJicj09R0NBMnx8dGhrPT0zfHxzdD09NjB8fHN0cz09eyIyMCI6IkV1cm9wZSIsIjMwIjoiTW9uZGVvIENBMiAyMDA3LSIsIjQwIjoiNCBFbGVjdHJpY2FsIiwiNTAiOiI0MTkwNyBFbGVjdHJpY2FsLk5hdmlnYXRpb24gU3lzdGVtIiwiNjAiOiI0MTkwNzA1IE5hdmlnYXRpb24gU3lzdGVtIn18fGFscGhhPT00fHxncm91cD09NDE5MDd8fHNlY3Q9PTQwMTlBUFB8fHNldD09QTI0MTkwN3x8aW1nPT1HMDE2MjgyMzA5fHxmMTI9PS02NDU4MTg4ODArMTM1
...you will see that the version 18K931F, which should be the one in the Mondeo you linked, has both "Rear View Camera" and "Less camera" options. Btw, this catalog is very good and shows basically the equipment for the car as is, all you have to do is put a VIN# on the main Ford page. For some reason I can't search for the license plate - EJIIJSY - am I putting it there correctly? So I can't use the VIN# and look myself to check what options you have for retrofit.
ETIs worked for me. Here is the vin # : WF0EXXGBBEBE06184

See what you can find out [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

"Radio With Navigation Display; Mondeo 2007-; Low Level With Nav/CD/AM/FM Radio; Less Camera"

So I wouldn't count on the sat-nav to have the camera input :mellow: :sad:

"Radio With Navigation Display; Mondeo 2007-; Low Level With Nav/CD/AM/FM Radio; Less Camera"
So I wouldn't count on the sat-nav to have the camera input mellow.png sad.png

Ar$e. Ah well.

This is not a dealbreaker though, I think...it's still possible to switch to a sat-nav with camera input from breakers or so later...they sometimes have some nice offers on eBay, or even locally if you can find some in your area...I think the worst part still is wiring the whole thing...definitelly not as easy as on Focus mk2, lol :biggrin:

Also, but don't get your hopes up on this, it's still a listing from a catalogue, which doesn't have to be 100% correct (and this is info directly from Ford). 

• Like 1

This is not a dealbreaker though, I think...it's still possible to switch to a sat-nav with camera input from breakers or so later...they sometimes have some nice offers on ebay, or even locally if you can find some in your area...I think the worst part still is wiring the whole thing...definitelly not as easy as on Focus mk2, lol biggrin.png
Also, but don't get your hopes up on this, it's still a listing from a catalogue, which doesn't have to be 100% correct (and this is info directly from Ford). 

Thanks for that lol Yea I'll have a look and see the car first and how it drives. I'll worry about the finer details later.

On another note, car passed MOT with no advisories. Even with Osram Hyper Blues in headlights, led sidelights, knocky suspension and borderline legal tyres lol

Wife's car also passed no problem. That's two less things to worry about now.
  • Like 2

That's always good to hear! :wink: ...btw, hyper blues are no problem at MOTs, I don't think anyone goes that far to check for the specifics of the bulb...and their colour is veeery subjective matter :smile: ...investigation of a car crash caused by you...well, that's a whole other thing though...:whistling:

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, kpg said:

Thanks for that lol Yea I'll have a look and see the car first and how it drives. I'll worry about the finer details later.

On another note, car passed MOT with no advisories. Even with Osram Hyper Blues in headlights, led sidelights, knocky suspension and borderline legal tyres lol

Wife's car also passed no problem. That's two less things to worry about now.

good to hear fella its passed the m.o.t but bad news if you still have the knocking

Aye I'm well pleased, was thinking the worst tbh. Don't know what to do about the knocking though.

Anyways looks like I won't get test driving the Mondeo now. We had flights booked to go from Belfast to Manchester tonight but easyJet cancelled the outbound flight at the last minute. So a huge panic and mad rush got us flights from Dublin !! Which, probably shouldn't mention, allowed me to get the focus up to 115 (k)mph. And was still climbing too. So yea I won't be back in time to tests drive the car thanks to easyjets. Anyways, I've just landed in manchester 2mins ago so going for a pint and then off to the united match tomorrow night.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kpg said:

Which, probably shouldn't mention, allowed me to get the focus up to 115mph lol 

allowed me to get the focus up to 70mph , cough, cough...lol :tongue:

Is a confession enough to charge, @Stoney871? Lol!

Or does it have to be a confession of a specific offence, ie. at a certain place and time?

Just so we know what we can get away with you understand! =]

• Haha 1

Foreign country so not in my jurisdiction [emoji41]
Surely he was referring to kph though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club