Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Foreign country so not in my jurisdiction [emoji41]
Surely he was referring to kph though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Uh, yea, kph, that's what I said.

:)
  • Like 1

Ah of course. I somehow missed the (k) the first time through reading lol!

115 being about 72 ish? So perfectly acceptable really! 

Silly of me! 🙃

Ah of course. I somehow missed the (k) the first time through reading lol!
115 being about 72 ish? So perfectly acceptable really! 
Silly of me! 🙃

No worries Phil, you are forgiven :)

Here where are the pics of your led upgrades ? Waiting impatiently...

Been on my build thread for a few days now. Granted I don't have many pics of them done and working on the car but I'll get around to that soon.

Best slow down a bit and have a look! Lol!

• Like 1

Been on my build thread for a few days now. Granted I don't have many pics of them done and working on the car but I'll get around to that soon.
Best slow down a bit and have a look! Lol!

*****. I've been away too long Phil, sorry about that :)

Yes.  2 and a half days of real life, not devoting all your time and efforts to FOC is inexcusable I'm afraid.

I'll take that Tele as reparation.  No wait!  I'll take your Vox instead....

• Like 1

On 13/09/2017 at 2:00 PM, kpg said:

Uh, yea, kph, that's what I said.
:)

Thought so :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the knocking noises.

I had a full load a few days back; 2x guitars, an amplifier and cabinet and a box of leads plus two passengers. The knocking was almost constant the whole way to and from the gig. So yesterday I decided to strip all of the trim in the boot convinced that it was something that was loose. I even took out the spare wheel, jack and foam inserts but nothing seemed loose enough to be making a noise.

So today, driving the car for the first time, all lightened, it seemed quicker to accelerate and reach 60mph. After a 20ish mile round trip to and from work the knocking noise was 98% absent. Still very very slightly knocky but a million times better than it was.

Something tells me it's a weight issue then and that would point towards a shock fault. Any suggestions?

I still haven't had the time to get it left in to be checked for sure.

Shock fault might be the problem. When you loaded all the stuff into the car, plus more people than usual, the shock got to it's "limit" - let's call it that, for the lack of better name for it...when you took it all out, it was the oposite and it even went a little further than usual - that's probably why you didn't hear the noise that much so far. But I think it will come back eventually. 

So yes, shock or spring, or combination of the two might be the problem. And now that you actually know what makes it worse, you can use this at the car service, so they know what to look for (i.e. loading the car fully and then test it out, and so on).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't made any progress at all this last while. Since buying the house I don't seem to have any spare car money lol Fingers crossed on a raise at the end of this month so that might help. Also, looking at finances, and depending on the raise, I may be able to change the car before xmas. I don't want to get too excited but if this works out for me I'll be over the moon finally having the car I've been dreaming of for years.

Can you guess what it is lol ?

If it doesn't work this month then the end of January is the next possibility. But my car at the minute is fine and performing without hiccups. Apart from the knocky shock I can't complain. Actually I can, auto wipers are the bane of my existence. Light drizzle = wipers go mad. Heavy rain = wipe once every 10mins. Doesn't matter how I set the sensitivity its just stupid all the time. That's one feature I could happily love without lol

28 minutes ago, kpg said:

Haven't made any progress at all this last while. Since buying the house I don't seem to have any spare car money lol Fingers crossed on a raise at the end of this month so that might help. Also, looking at finances, and depending on the raise, I may be able to change the car before xmas. I don't want to get too excited but if this works out for me I'll be over the moon finally having the car I've been dreaming of for years.

Can you guess what it is lol ?

A metallic lilac Honda Jazz or metallic spearmint green Nissan Micra? :whip:

• Like 1

A metallic lilac Honda Jazz or metallic spearmint green Nissan Micra? :whip:
Haha, close but no. Not really my style lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, kpg said:

Haha, close but no. Not really my style lol

Oh god.....it's a VAUXHALL VECTRA (diesel) :yahoo:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Oh god.....it's a VAUXHALL VECTRA (diesel) :yahoo:

Don't be ridiculous.

Obviously a Fiat Multipla.download.jpg.2308557315780c2980d62b007d9e96be.jpg

Phwoaaaaar! Just look at it! In Baby-***** Green too!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Don't be ridiculous.

Obviously a Fiat Multipla.download.jpg.2308557315780c2980d62b007d9e96be.jpg

Phwoaaaaar! Just look at it! In Baby-***** Green too!!!

I bet it's got a lovely "beige" interior that uses that special fabric used in seating for "older" folk to prevent staining :biggrin:

• Like 3

Jaysus I need to put a stop to this lol

I know I've said about changing the car on numerous occasions, things always come up to push it even further away for me, so this is still a maybe/hopefully but I've had my eye on these two that are about a 1.5hrs drive away:

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2006-Ford-Focus-2-0T-ST-2-5dr-195583708

And

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201708218536981?atmobcid=soc3

I've already driven one on two separate occasions so I know what the story is with them.

What do you think?

I'm banking on this pay raise to be honest so if that falls through or falls short then it's a no go until January at least :(

I had to laugh at the listing for the www.usedcarsni.com one, someone wasn't paying attention when putting the listing together.  Even though the VRM clearly shows a 13 plate, the listing title states it's a"2006 Ford Focus 2.0T ST-2 5dr", lol. :unsure:

• Like 1

I had to laugh at the listing for the www.usedcarsni.com one, someone wasn't paying attention when putting the listing together.  Even though the VRM clearly shows a 13 plate, the listing title states it's a"2006 Ford Focus 2.0T ST-2 5dr", lol. unsure.png
Aye saw that myself. You can see the '13 plate on the picture of the rear even though they've blocked it for the front pics lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kpg said:

Aye saw that myself. You can see the '13 plate on the picture of the rear even though they've blocked it for the front pics lol

If I was considering dropping 10 grand on a car I'd be hoping for a little more attention to detail from the dealer!

• Like 1

If I was considering dropping 10 grand on a car I'd be hoping for a little more attention to detail from the dealer!
Good point. I can't decide between the colours anyways. I want yellow but red looks really good.

7 minutes ago, kpg said:

Good point. I can't decide between the colours anyways. I want yellow but red looks really good.

Tangerine SCREAM! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Tangerine SCREAM! :yahoo:
I love the colour but I dont want to end up being sick of how bright it is lol plus the wife will kill me if I turn up in a bright yellow hot hatch !!

• Like 1

Man up and get her told "my money so MY car!" :whip:

• Like 1

Man up and get her told "my money so MY car!" :whip:
Half of it would be my money to other half would belong to the bank [emoji23] ! Lol

ST3s over with yous are a lot closer to the price of that ST2 I linked. The only thing is, any cost involved in getting my car over on the ferry and travelling to and from would negate any savings. 6 of 1, half a dozen or the other.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club