Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Both nice choices. Can't help noticing front end is different to most mk3s here.

Is that a location thing or an ST thing? Can't say I've ever noticed the different front bumper between ST and below...

Both nice choices. Can't help noticing front end is different to most mk3s here.
Is that a location thing or an ST thing? Can't say I've ever noticed the different front bumper between ST and below...

Yea it's an ST thing. More of a wide mouth look going on. Also the bottom section of the rear bumper is different too.

On 26/09/2017 at 11:52 AM, ScorpionSX said:

Shock fault might be the problem. When you loaded all the stuff into the car, plus more people than usual, the shock got to it's "limit" - let's call it that, for the lack of better name for it...when you took it all out, it was the oposite and it even went a little further than usual - that's probably why you didn't hear the noise that much so far. But I think it will come back eventually. 

So yes, shock or spring, or combination of the two might be the problem. And now that you actually know what makes it worse, you can use this at the car service, so they know what to look for (i.e. loading the car fully and then test it out, and so on).

a spring would not cause that knock, if it was a spring i would be concerned that it was broken somewhere,

A dry or worn bushing might be the cause. 

• Like 1

a spring would not cause that knock, if it was a spring i would be concerned that it was broken somewhere,

A dry or worn bushing might be the cause. 

Hard to tell really but the knocking sound seem to be coming from high up and has a sort of 'wobble' to it. Like whatever is moving or loose it hitting against two different things of you get me ?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Are the bolts loose, i know that sounds silly but lol. have you had a look up in there. you might have to clear the dirt away first.

Wobble !!! not good

Jamie

Are the bolts loose, i know that sounds silly but lol. have you had a look up in there. you might have to clear the dirt away first.
Wobble !!! not good
Jamie
All the bolts seem sturdy and tight. I had a look at the shock mount inside and outside the car and all seems well. Yea see I had the wheel off the car too and had a real good push/pull of everything in that area and I couldn't see anything that was obviously loose or faulty?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, apologies for the lack of posts. Been working hard at my new job and getting the house in order. Just been keeping the car clean, that's about it.

I got 4x new Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres fitted today after 3 delays in 5 days from BlackCircles.

1510238812767.jpg

1510238822964.jpg

I also had to replace the drls cause they got water damaged in some bad flooding a few weeks back. It was a disaster wiring them in as I thought I could reuse what was already there but turned out I couldn't. Had to remove everything and install the complete new kit. Pain.

1510238935294.jpg

Works exactly the same as before, dip on headlights only, but this time the drls stay on with the guide me home headlight function which is really really cool.

Regarding the knocking noises, the car is getting looked at on Monday then if anything serious needs fixed it'll be getting booked in to have sorted so happy about that.

Looking forward to Xmas as I have a TRC LowLine kit and headlight brows on my santa list as well as RGB halos from CEUK lol I'll have to casually inform the wife of the items on it.

I'll try and post as much as I can, don't want my thread being closed :(

• Like 1

Looking good mate, keep us all informed.  By the way your paintwork in the photos 1 & 2 looks awesome, looks like someone spent all day going over it with a polisher!

• Like 1

Looking good mate, keep us all informed.  By the way your paintwork in the photos 1 & 2 looks awesome, looks like someone spent all day going over it with a polisher!

Cheers pal. No polisher at all actually. The black does well to hide wee bits in pics but up close you can see the blemishes. I rinsed with snow foam then quick spray waxed with Meguiars stuff. That's the 'quick winter wash' method lol
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
This car looks better and better every time i see it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If only that were the case lol Looks awful over winter here. Trying to get out and give it a rinse today maybe.

You are constantly raising the bar!

I bet it is a head turner and from the moment you look at it you know something is not standard :). 

You should also enjoy the fact that you have an underdog status with it! 

People don't expect it to be so modified and they just can't understand why you stick to them like glue on roads :). 

I had the same with my Stage 2 Focus. It really puts a grin on your face when you see them confused :). 

Looking forward to the next mods!

• Like 1

You are constantly raising the bar!
I bet it is a head turner and from the moment you look at it you know something is not standard :). 
You should also enjoy the fact that you have an underdog status with it! 
People don't expect it to be so modified and they just can't understand why you stick to them like glue on roads :). 
I had the same with my Stage 2 Focus. It really puts a grin on your face when you see them confused :). 
Looking forward to the next mods!
Thank. Really nice words there. Truth is, it's getting a bit on the rough side tbh. I need 4 new shocks still, front bumper needs sorted out paint wise, splitter is coming away from the front and steering rack has a really loud rattle over rough surfaces. In truth I may be looking to change all being well before march maybe ?

Always like the way Keifer's car looks. That blue strip just sets the whole thing off.

That and the 18" rims, ZS body kit, DRLs, hyper blues, front splitter, dechromed fogs, painted calipers, and ride height...

But I mean... dat blue strip.... :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a great few days this has turned out to be.

Not.

Long story short, my heater matrix is leaking.

1516186732451.jpg
1516186748041.jpg
1516186764863.jpg

Proper gutted. I left it off with the mech this morning so I'm hoping he can fix it with out having to take the dashboard out but I'm expecting the worse tbh. I've mentioned about the rattling front/back too.

Expecting hefty costs when he rings me back.

• Sad 1

I feel your pain mate, I had the dash out a few months ago for the same issue (MK2 Focus).  I took it out on my own which took a good couple of days to do the job end to end, prior to doing it myself I got prices from a few garages and just the labour was floating around the £500 mark (indy not main dealer), 2 garage declined to quote for the work apparently due to the difficulty and chance of something else getting bust/things not going back together properly.

What a pain in the A**E!!!

I recall a thread from a while back where someone managed to fit new rubber washers and reattached the black plastic collars that can be seen in your pics but I think that might have been for the MK2 although I think the principle is the same.  I tried to fix it in situ but found that I couldn't generate enough pressure due to VERY limited access to push the 2 pipes back together sufficiently to get the collars back on so had to do the dash out solution (didn't fancy 45 minutes on the M1 twice a day commuting to work in December with no heating!)

I probably suggest having a look for the other thread as it may be worth trying or getting the garage to try to do it before paying for the dash out.

Edit to add the link to the thread mentioned in my initial post - MK2 heat matrix pipe leak fix thread

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Right quick update. The car sat with the mechanic for a week in which time he did absolutely nothing, not even have a look. So I went and collected the car and limped home.

I found part numbers on here somewhere for the clips and O rings, thanks to whoever it was posted them, ordered them from a local dealer and they arrived the next day. Needless to say I was out first thing that morning and fixed the pipes myself. Bit of a hassle but it fixed. I did it. Me.

Also, I found a split pipe in the engine bay. One of the small tubes coming from the top of the expansion tank had a small split that spewed coolant when up to heat. Ford wanted £42 something for a new one so instead I sealed it up with silicone and wrapped the life out of it with hi grip tape. Not one spilt drop since and that's over a week ago now.

Happy boy. Back on the road again.

• Like 2

Oh, I've also started a new job last week with much, much better pay. So this summer is looking good for continuing the build thread ;)

• Like 4

Well done you and congrats on your new job.
Don't suppose you'll be using that mechanic again eh?

• Like 1

Well done you and congrats on your new job.
Don't suppose you'll be using that mechanic again eh?
Thanks. Back in sign making/print business again thank god.

Not a chance. To be fair he seemed decent but I've no patience and if I think I can do something myself I'll try it. I read up on the fix for the hose for long enough to believe I could do it so I did it lol.

As I've mentioned lots of time through my thread, still getting stuff together to change to an eSTate so there might not be much progress on the current car.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new job, mate! :thumbsup: Starting in one myself I can also see all the goodies that I'm going to buy now for the car too, lol :biggrin:

Finding a decent mechanic is a tough task these days, they're either too far away, or overpriced, or they just suck...recently I found a decent mechanic myself, he lives a little further than I would prefer, be he worked at our local Ford dealership, and he doesn't charge horrible prizes so I think for now I just stick with him.

Btw, instead of the eSTate, wouldn't you also go for an ST-line estate? The bodykit looks very nice, you get the 1,5 ecoboost which I believe can perform very well and the mileage and the running costs could be lower than with "real" ST...

Btw, instead of the eSTate, wouldn't you also go for an ST-line estate? The bodykit looks very nice, you get the 1,5 ecoboost which I believe can perform very well and the mileage and the running costs could be lower than with "real" ST...

I had thought about the ST-Line but they're a bit too expensive for me. My limit is about £12k and there's a couple eSTates out there in ST3 format that fall within my pricerange. Plus, anytime I mention about a new car wife complains lol and anytime I try show her something other than a ford she says 'but you won't stop talking about an ST' lol So I'm dead set on the ST. I've been talking about it for long enough.

• Like 3

Congrats on the new job. Given that you've been wanting an ST for so long if you were to get anything else you'd probably be left thinking "I wish I had the ST instead." Be patient and hold out for what you want, I'm sure it'll put a massive smile on your face once you get it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kpg said:

I had thought about the ST-Line but they're a bit too expensive for me. My limit is about £12k and there's a couple eSTates out there in ST3 format that fall within my pricerange. Plus, anytime I mention about a new car wife complains lol and anytime I try show her something other than a ford she says 'but you won't stop talking about an ST' lol So I'm dead set on the ST. I've been talking about it for long enough.

Yeah I get that :biggrin: ... I hope you're lucky enought to find a decent ST! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your new job KPG, we'll cross paths one day on the roads i'm sure!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club