Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Since I've just got a new car it's time for a new progress thread, albeit, slow progress.

2011 Ford Focus Titanium 1.6 (125)

Extras include Sat nav, push start, digital climate, cruise control auto headlights and wipers.

Some pics:

post-41109-143457323161_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143457324209_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143457325124_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143457326318_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143457327548_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143457328462_thumb.jpg

Very happy to say the least, going to enjoy the car for a while before any serious mods start but will try and update this as much as possible.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 5

Very nice color/spec combo, exactly how I'd have it, if I were to buy an Mk3 tomorrow.

Make sure you get onto the simple mods straight away though, like LED conversions. ;)

• Like 1

Very nice color/spec combo, exactly how I'd have it, if I were to buy an Mk3 tomorrow.

Make sure you get onto the simple mods straight away though, like LED conversions. ;)

My mods, even little ones, are being limited for a while. The boss has spoken I'm afraid. I have a set of HIDs (reflector) to go in and some new fog light bulbs but still have to get some sidelight leds.

I might get the rear windows tinted too. Got too used to it in my last car. The guy at work does tints so might get him to squeeze me in sometime.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 4

Great buy! I'm glad you went for this one instead of MK2.5 ;)

It's looking absolutely fantastic, wishing you many happy and care-free miles! :)

• Like 2

Happy new Focus!

Hope you enjoy driving yours as much as I enjoy mine, I've never understood why people gave the MK3 poor reviews in the looks department - think they look great.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I'm really glad I picked the MK3, feels bigger, more refined and a lot more comfortable.

Just need my rears tinted and I'm sorted ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Happy new Focus!

Hope you enjoy driving yours as much as I enjoy mine, I've never understood why people gave the MK3 poor reviews in the looks department - think they look great.

I'm a firm believer in good alloys for a car. Getting the right set can completely change the look of a car and in my opinion the ones I have in this new car really complement the styling of the MK3. Best looking wheels that come for the MK3.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Looks lovely, good choice. I love the wheels! Enjoy.

• Like 1

I'm a firm believer in good alloys for a car. Getting the right set can completely change the look of a car and in my opinion the ones I have in this new car really complement the styling of the MK3. Best looking wheels that come for the MK3.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

^^ THIS!

• Like 1

FIRST MOD!!

Silvatecs lol

post-41109-143465735218_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143465736176_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143465737141_thumb.jpg

post-41109-143465738131_thumb.jpg

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 3

Could someone post the link to the high power Cree LED reverse bulbs please?

And possibly some high power cree LED sidelight bulbs too.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Anyone know if Focus MK2 springs will fit on the MK3? I have H&R 40mm sitting in a box here, just want to know before I sell them one.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Just according to little internet search I did, I wouldn't think so. They seem to make a different set of springs for the Mk3. Though I didn't find any official product sheet with compatible vehicles, I probably wouldn't mess with something like springs/suspension on a new car...personally for me it would be too risky as it affects stability on the road, etc....

Just according to little internet search I did, I wouldn't think so. They seem to make a different set of springs for the Mk3. Though I didn't find any official product sheet with compatible vehicles, I probably wouldn't mess with something like springs/suspension on a new car...personally for me it would be too risky as it affects stability on the road, etc....

I understand what you're saying. Just curious at this point. I may do it sometime in the future but for now I'm just enjoying the car.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Maybe I'm being too cautious here, I don't know, but currently I'm having Eibach lowering springs (-30mm) installed on my Focus and the car is in the service for 3 days already! After so many years all the parts somehow grew together, so it's pretty impossible to install just a stupid set of springs without damaging some other parts too...so imagine what would it do after some years if it would be a wrong set of springs at the begining!

The best way here seems to me just to simply sell current springs, cover the difference between them and new ones and get a new set. Or just sell the old set and enjoy the driving for now, as you said :)

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being too cautious here, I don't know, but currently I'm having Eibach lowering springs (-30mm) installed on my Focus and the car is in the service for 3 days already! After so many years all the parts somehow grew together, so it's pretty impossible to install just a stupid set of springs without damaging some other parts too...so imagine what would it do after some years if it would be a wrong set of springs at the begining!

The best way here seems to me just to simply sell current springs, cover the difference between them and new ones and get a new set. Or just sell the old set and enjoy the driving for now, as you said :)

Anyone interested in a set of 40mm H&R springs for the MK2/2.5 ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Hahaha :D ... I hope I didn't scare you too much :D

Btw, how's the drive on those 18"? I was playing with the idea of getting set of 18" rims and tires for my Mk2, but I rather went for the 17"s, just to be safe, and although they fit very nicely (and for replicas, they're pretty great quality too!), I'm thinking of the RS style wheels for maybe next year or year after that...

• Like 1

Hahaha :D ... I hope I didn't scare you too much :D

Btw, how's the drive on those 18"? I was playing with the idea of getting set of 18" rims and tires for my Mk2, but I rather went for the 17"s, just to be safe, and although they fit very nicely (and for replicas, they're pretty great quality too!), I'm thinking of the RS style wheels for maybe next year or year after that...

The 18s on my mk3 are ok actually. Low road noise and not really as bumpy as id thought.

I had the 18" Mondeo TitX alloys on my MK2 with the 40mm springs and they were ok as well, quite crashy when on a bumpy road but that's normal. I didn't find it uncomfortable enough to complain about lol they are a good looking alloy though. Those and the ones on my new car are my favourite oem alloys.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info ;) Yours MK3 18"s are looking great, but I'm worried they might look odd on the MK2. TitX alloys from Mondeo are almost impossible to find here, in good shape, and I don't want to buy new ones, so I'm mostly looking for the RS style alloys.

Thanks for the info ;) Yours MK3 18"s are looking great, but I'm worried they might look odd on the MK2. TitX alloys from Mondeo are almost impossible to find here, in good shape, and I don't want to buy new ones, so I'm mostly looking for the RS style alloys.

Hmm I'm not so sure. If I hadn't got the TitX alloys I would have gotten the 5 spoke ones I have now, for the mk2. I think they'd look great.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some new LED Bulbs for the car but can't decide which to go for for the sidelights. Any suggestions? Preferably ones that'll look good on the MK3.

Also, I know the arguments for and against HIDs in reflector housing, I'm not looking to start a debate, just a simple answer please: has anyone fitted these to the standard MK3 headlights and if so which kit did you install? I'm pretty sure new bulb holders are needed too so if you have a link to those too it'll be great as I can't seem to find any at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I would go with these sidebulbs, because, well, Osram...

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/vehicle-and-bicycle-lighting/cars/led-interior-lighting/ledriving-w5w-premium/index.jsp

...and yeah yeah, I know, I know, not approved for road use...like anyone will ever check for that on the bulb... :innocent: ... and with 6000K it would be perfect if you're going to put in the HID Kit...although, personally, I'm using these:

ziarovky-12v-h7-55w---osram-cool-blue-hy

and with 5000K, they as much xenon-ish as they possibly can :) (they're not on Osram's website, I don't know if they're not actually pulling them from the stores...so get them as quickly as you can if you want them ;) )

...oh and yes, they're not approved for road use too, but I see cars with basically purple headlights driving around without any problems all the time, so again, who will ever check...it's not a HID Kit, so I doubt the police or even MOT would question the bulbs...

• Like 1

I would go with these sidebulbs, because, well, Osram...

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/vehicle-and-bicycle-lighting/cars/led-interior-lighting/ledriving-w5w-premium/index.jsp

...and yeah yeah, I know, I know, not approved for road use...like anyone will ever check for that on the bulb... :innocent: ... and with 6000K it would be perfect if you're going to put in the HID kit...although, personally, I'm using these:

ziarovky-12v-h7-55w---osram-cool-blue-hy

and with 5000K, they as much xenon-ish as they possibly can :) (they're not on Osram's website, I don't know if they're not actually pulling them from the stores...so get them as quickly as you can if you want them ;) )

...oh and yes, they're not approved for road use too, but I see cars with basically purple headlights driving around without any problems all the time, so again, who will ever check...it's not a HID kit, so I doubt the police or even MOT would question the bulbs...

Thanks very much for an honest suggestion and no billshot complaints about HIDs lol

I've actually had a look at those Osram LEDs, they look cool.

You wouldn't have a pic of your headlights on with those bulbs above would you?

I Spose I've been so focused on hids I didn't even think to look for the highest K halogens.

I'll have a look through eBay.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.