Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

Just been for a drive. Mix of 30 and 65 zones. All is well. Nice and solid. Can't comment much on the handling, hasn't really changed as far as I can tell. Feels way better too with the better tread tyres being on the front.

• Like 1

I really think you'll appreciate the look and feel more once you go lower.
Any reason for wanting to go coilovers? I think it's such a waste if you're not going to track the car. Eibach springs are way cheaper and look awesome, and there's no need to change shocks/struts.
I need me some spacers now.

• Like 1

I really think you'll appreciate the look and feel more once you go lower.
Any reason for wanting to go coilovers? I think it's such a waste if you're not going to track the car. Eibach springs are way cheaper and look awesome, and there's no need to change shocks/struts.
I need me some spacers now.

I'm already on H&R 35mm. Not low enough for me. Still getting arch gap. It's coilovers or go 19 alloys.

Ive got 25mm on the rear of mine
f753e9cc4edfa46df93bcb2012e7320f.jpg

That looks great .

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not talking about going stupid low, I just want the arch gap more or less absent. I like the look of the top of the tyre nearly touching the arch.

On another note. I'll be needing some new wheel nuts at some point. Those stupid caps that Ford put on their nuts are far too easily chewed up. I have 3/4 on there now that have no caps. Usually a 19mm socket will take the nuts off but having no caps on there means I have to keep an 18mm there too just in case. As well as the locking socket.

That looks great .

Going 19" won't do anything as you'll have to go for a lower profile tyre. You cannot increase the diameter of your wheels without messing up your odometer reading.
Going coilovers is still pretty static so I hope you know that you're in for a very rough and harsh ride.
The best way to *practically* achieve the perfect flush stance look without sacrificing your spine is with bags.
But it's ultimately your call. C/o can go lower, yes.

Going 19" won't do anything as you'll have to go for a lower profile tyre. You cannot increase the diameter of your wheels without messing up your odometer reading.
Going coilovers is still pretty static so I hope you know that you're in for a very rough and harsh ride.
The best way to *practically* achieve the perfect flush stance look without sacrificing your spine is with bags.
But it's ultimately your call. C/o can go lower, yes.

Yes I understand all of that. I'm only talking going about inch lower porbably so not too far from what I have now. I'd love to see what 19s would look like with the springs I have now. I know the tyre has to match to keep the overall diameter but it may give the illusion of the gap being lesser. As it stand now though with the spacers it looks excellent so I'm not pushed to change anything really.

• Like 1

Got the car washed today and the sidelight fixed. Still have to sort out my headlight. It's point away over to the left. Is there a horizontal adjustment on the headlights ?

Some pics:

6fdb8829a0eda540e8112da7453ed3fa.jpg

d971a5122c6148a614ba5257712ac02d.jpg

77a04d183245855b7bb37382dfa93ff8.jpg

87463a23c5d2d73f9ee04003f1286022.jpg

My wee helper:

c38d1a4bfe74bc15d5a1c2e5d8d1a82f.jpg

Inside all wiped too:

cbcf7615ee92aea74090e88f34af6e17.jpg

Happy days [emoji6]

• Like 3

Nice m8 wheels look spot on
Lovein the blue lip sorta thing lol.. I've order the rs bonnet vents and that lip extension thing off fleabay only tenner shud get that tomarro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice m8 wheels look spot on
Lovein the blue lip sorta thing lol.. I've order the rs bonnet vents and that lip extension thing off fleabay only tenner shud get that tomarro

Sweet. Should look good after those are fitted. Where'd you get the bonnet vents ? Do you have a link ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262090019252

That's the link m8 they are just the plastic stick on 1s didn't really wanna b cutting holes in my bonnet[emoji23]

Good job there. What will you use to stick them on ?

They hav double sided sticky stuff on them mate just heat it wif a hairdryer and they shud do the job

• Like 1

The car looks absolutely terrific on the last pics! Nicely done with the spacers! :thumbsup:

Personally I wouldn't go any lower than this, but that's also because our ***** roads, especially now after winter, it's more or less just a bunch of holes where used to be a road :laugh: lol

As for the headlights problem, there should be (at least on FF2 there are) two screws to control the headlights angle, one goes up/down and one left/right. When I'm getting my headlights sorted, the mechanic usually only uses the up/down screw, as there isn't that much ways to get the lights dissorted left/right. I have (had) the same problem, that it looked to me that one headlight is pointing too much to the center, but it only appeared that way when I was close to some object in front of me, during driving it was all ok - as also confirmed by mechanic later.

• Like 1

The car looks absolutely terrific on the last pics! Nicely done with the spacers! [emoji106]
Personally I wouldn't go any lower than this, but that's also because our ***** roads, especially now after winter, it's more or less just a bunch of holes where used to be a road laugh.png lol

As for the headlights problem, there should be (at least on FF2 there are) two screws to control the headlights angle, one goes up/down and one left/right. When I'm getting my headlights sorted, the mechanic usually only uses the up/down screw, as there isn't that much ways to get the lights dissorted left/right. I have (had) the same problem, that it looked to me that one headlight is pointing too much to the center, but it only appeared that way when I was close to some object in front of me, during driving it was all ok - as also confirmed by mechanic later.

Thanks friend. Aye I'm actually happy with how low it sits on the rear, it's just the front that sits higher, if I could get that down to the same level I'd be well chuffed.

I'll have a look later. I'm pretty sure there's two yellow adjusters on the back of my headlight. Usually it is just the up down that gets adjusted but I have a feeling the last garage to do mine ballsed it up. The silver bezel has actually moved and somehow ended up on top of the black trim inside the headlight.

See here:

f44df7e7bb86158c82f02a76eab0cd2d.jpg

I tried pulling it back into place but it wasn't for moving.

59 minutes ago, kpg said:

Yes I understand all of that. I'm only talking going about inch lower porbably so not too far from what I have now. I'd love to see what 19s would look like with the springs I have now. I know the tyre has to match to keep the overall diameter but it may give the illusion of the gap being lesser. As it stand now though with the spacers it looks excellent so I'm not pushed to change anything really.

Thats what i did. Just matched the 19" tyres vs the 17" profile. 

As for coilovers might need to watch the height whilst using spacers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kpg said:

Thanks friend. Aye I'm actually happy with how low it sits on the rear, it's just the front that sits higher, if I could get that down to the same level I'd be well chuffed.

I'll have a look later. I'm pretty sure there's two yellow adjusters on the back of my headlight. Usually it is just the up down that gets adjusted but I have a feeling the last garage to do mine ballsed it up. The silver bezel has actually moved and somehow ended up on top of the black trim inside the headlight.

See here:

I tried pulling it back into place but it wasn't for moving.

That looks kind of weird, really, like how that could happen and why it won't go back? Or maybe the old "if you can't move it by force, use more force" would help? But rathar don't quote me on this :laugh:

I was actually changing light bulbs today on my MK2 (high beams went out) and I found a part of dried-out leaf inside the headlight! How the hell could it got there??!! :laugh: Inside the enclosed headlight! You might be looking at the same thing here, maybe even during some light bulbs change, or something, you could have just pushed a little bit more and moved the bezel and it's now stuck in there...it might not have been the garage afterall...

• Like 1

Got the car washed today and the sidelight fixed. Still have to sort out my headlight. It's point away over to the left. Is there a horizontal adjustment on the headlights ?

Some pics:

6fdb8829a0eda540e8112da7453ed3fa.jpg

d971a5122c6148a614ba5257712ac02d.jpg

77a04d183245855b7bb37382dfa93ff8.jpg

87463a23c5d2d73f9ee04003f1286022.jpg

My wee helper:

c38d1a4bfe74bc15d5a1c2e5d8d1a82f.jpg

Inside all wiped too:

cbcf7615ee92aea74090e88f34af6e17.jpg
Happy days [emoji6]

Car looks great!!
  • Like 1

Why are you doing this to me? Everytime I look at these pics I'm thinking "where the hell can I get some money to buy a new car?" :laugh: lol 

Btw, did you get that blue glare in the headlights from the Osram Blue Hypers? I'm just asking because I saw it many times on other cars, but I never noticed it on mine...no matter what bulbs I used...(I'm talking about original headlights, not the angel eyes with projectors, obviously you won't see it there)

• Like 1

Why are you doing this to me? Everytime I look at these pics I'm thinking "where the hell can I get some money to buy a new car?" laugh.png lol 
Btw, did you get that blue glare in the headlights from the Osram Blue Hypers? I'm just asking because I saw it many times on other cars, but I never noticed it on mine...no matter what bulbs I used...(I'm talking about original headlights, not the angel eyes with projectors, obviously you won't see it there)

Lol thanks. Yea I'm seriously enjoying the car right now. Looks and sounds great. I've had the cap on the air filter for a while now but took it off there at lunch. Lovely induction sound.

Yep that's the osram hyper blues. I don't really notice the blue glare until I stand far enough back or, like in that image, stand sorta down low. But it does look kinda cool.

• Like 1

I still can't help but think that my headlights are horizontally aligned too far to the left:

1487056676944.jpg.c4e35056aaa003b19762c7

1487056686820.jpg.041551df63a610ca60c8ab

I know that the passenger headlight is messed up anyway but now I'm thinking both have been adjusted too much to the left.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club