Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Pump anyone help?

luker2006

Hi,

Wife has a Fiesta Flame 1.4 on a 2003 model (1.4 16v duratec engine), on tickover its making a fan belt type noise but lower pitched. I have noticed that under the car there is alot of water being lost from the water pump side.

My question really is can anyone tell me how to fit the water pump, as its a tight queeze to get your hand in and there seems to be a mount in the way?

Many thanks in advance,

Luke.

Hi,

Wife has a Fiesta Flame 1.4 on a 2003 model (1.4 16v duratec engine), on tickover its making a fan belt type noise but lower pitched. I have noticed that under the car there is alot of water being lost from the water pump side.

My question really is can anyone tell me how to fit the water pump, as its a tight queeze to get your hand in and there seems to be a mount in the way?

Many thanks in advance,

Luke.

What a nightmare! Wishing I just got the garage to do it now. Water pump is not attatched to timing belt incase anyone is wondering. Took off the expansion bottle, took off the cam cover, moved the alternator forward, took off the water pump. Now stuck. Cant get the last engine mount bolt off as alternator is in the way, cant get enough leverage to undo the alternator bolt to get the alternator off to get to engine bolt. Hands are cut to ribbons and theres not enough room to get the pump out.

Mate from garage is going to help out tonight. Starting to wonder if small children built the fiesta as trying to get your hands in to access these bolts is shocking!

No! car manufacturers build them like that so you take them back for there repairs

and spend more money with them.