Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Timing Belt/chain

Mick12

Can any one advise if my focus 1.8 tcdi on a 57 plate - was new and registered 1 September 2007 has a Wet timing belt or a chain??

Hi, is it wet with oil or water, and did you take the cover off to have a look, as it sounds your not to sure because you said belt or chain?

The reason I ask is I had my car MOT yesterday and the bloke at the garage said when did you have the timing belt done as it's at 93000 miles, I told him it got done at 90000. He said what about the wet timing belt, I said I thought if had a chain.

If you go on the Ford Etis website, put your reg or VIN in and then look on service schedules it says near the bottom when the belt should be changed if it has one also the auxiliary belt will need changing at some point too.

Got it, the chain from the crank to the pump on the 1.8 tdci is call a wet chain, I have never needed to replace one, if it needed to be replaced it is a big job. mine has got over 145000 miles and runs fine.

Think the garage owner was touting for business, I've checked the website suggested and it's not conclusive, but if has one needs doing at 125000 miles.

Think yours would still be the chain and not the wet belt in oil version, only way to find out is ring your ford dealer and ask parts dept to do vin check

spoke to Ford and they took my registration and said They don't know if it's a wet belt or Chain as around this time is when they changed. The only way to tell would be to strip the engine and have a look. Which I find hard to believe.