Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl Wiring

InKontrol

It's becoming apparent that more and more road users are completely oblivious to other traffic, and for that reason I'm considering fitting DRL's to my car. I've read Lenny's guide on fitting them and it mentions about hooking up one of the wire's to the feed of the side light bulb. What method of 'connecting' would be best that is the least damaging to the original factory wiring?

I don't want to have to whip out a soldering iron.

That kit is something your DRL kit should have already included in the package. If it doesn't then that's something you should buy.

But, for the connection part. Best way to connect it to the side light bulb wiring is just to splice it together with the side bulb wire - basically like in this picture:

783250683277lg.jpg

It holds pretty well and when you remove the splice, all you're left with on the original wire is just a small mark where the little metal part came through the wires and that you can easily cover up with insulation tape ;)

I noticed when changing a light bulb once that the holder where the bulb plugged in to had two small black wires coming off it that went to no where. Any ideas as to what they were for? If they're the feed for the side lights then that's a good thing. :)