• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brucie

brucie

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 1.8lx 2002
Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

Another little job! button on key fob operates the locking (sound) but does not lock or open (get double locking sound as if a door is open) works fine when using the key in lock any ideas?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ian_c41

ian_c41

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo mk3 tddi
Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Another little job! button on key fob operates the locking (sound) but does not lock or open (get double locking sound as if a door is open) works fine when using the key in lock any ideas?

i had this problem and relised its was the drivers door lock meckonism changed it and started working fine

#3 brucie

brucie

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 1.8lx 2002
Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

i had this problem and relised its was the drivers door lock meckonism changed it and started working fine

Thanks will give that a go.
Had another look and it seems to point to the boot latch, sometimes when closing the boot it gives a roll over sound and does not engage the lock as it opens with a pull up. Might be a loose component in there somewhere so I will have a look there.

#4 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

Thanks will give that a go.
Had another look and it seems to point to the boot latch, sometimes when closing the boot it gives a roll over sound and does not engage the lock as it opens with a pull up. Might be a loose component in there somewhere so I will have a look there.

try adjustment on rear latch on the boot and car to see if it will operate better. lubricate aswell.if this does not work u may need a new button if the wiring is intact between the two

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users