Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front End Rattle

Paisleyjim

Hi guys. My 2005 focus has developed a rattle from the front left wheel area. I thought it could be top mounts but they got done not that long ago I've checked bushes can't see anything obvious any suggestions??

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

check the drop links, lower control arm bushes, also dont rule out the lower gearbox/torque mount

• Like 1

Depending on the kind of rattle you have, Might also be worth checking the underdray, sounds daft but I had a persistent rattle that, turns out that on top of the front tray under the radiator, there are two fins positioned to guide air in to the intercooler. my left one had come off and was rattling against the front left bumper near the fog light.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't assuming anything, sometimes it is the simplest of things :)

• Like 2

Depending on the kind of rattle you have, Might also be worth checking the underdray, sounds daft but I had a persistent rattle that, turns out that on top of the front tray under the radiator, there are two fins positioned to guide air in to the intercooler. my left one had come off and was rattling against the front left bumper near the fog light.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't assuming anything, sometimes it is the simplest of things :)

My car is a 1.6 auto. Ano hangs my head in shame but it's deffo from the front left wheel. Drop links have been checked as bushes have might have to take top mounts of and check them

Brake pads rattling in the calipers?

Brake pads rattling in the calipers?

Surly if that was happening the car would pull to the other side or you would get other breaking issues

Wheel bolts rattling maybe

sorry but that's just ludicrous the wheel would be of the car by now lol

Surly if that was happening the car would pull to the other side or you would get other breaking issues

Surely suggests youre not sure yourself so why not just check it and then that is another component ruled out if its all fine.:)
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly the drop links were changed?

Anti roll bar D bushes are a favourite on many cars.

• Like 1

I remember getting a lower arm replaced by a garage on my fiesta once & heard rattling all the way to my work, when I got under the car the idiots had attached the drop link to the lower arm incorrectly and the nut/rubber bush/washer were almost falling off so if you've had any work done recently DOUBLE check it!

That's shocking mate. Only thing I've did at the front was the springs top mounts and drop links and that was nearly a year ago me and stef did the springs and drop links garage did the top mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Well everyone turned out it was the drop link. One of the ball joints was knackerd. Cheep fix in the end thank god

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Getting some knocking from the front on speed bumps now myself.

These things always happen in the winter, damn it i need a garage!

Incidentally my wheel nuts used to rattle, the wee caps on them, bit of blutak fixed them :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club