Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roll Restrictor

E5GDM

Not yet, mines still fitted in its box in the cupboard.

Most reviews are positive, only downside is a slight vibration at idle or when the AC is on but you get used to it.

• Like 1

Mine might stay in the box then 😔

• Like 1

anyone knows if it will fit a mk7 metal??

Roll restrictor now fitted......had a quick drive & didn't notice anything untoward.

Have a good feeling of completing a bit of car diy, & will let you know after I've put a few miles on it if I can tell any difference.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Picked up the roll restrictor as a bit of an impulse purchase the other day (12 days of Mountune) and wondered if you have any update after the year so far?

• Like 1

Apart from a very slight vibration at idle when the AC is on its all good, cars smoother to drive when changing gear, feels like it's putting the power down better.

• Like 1

Hi Mark. I had been reading about the restrictor prior to the purchase so had a rough idea what it would do. I have seen a few clips on YouTube of squeaking noises after fitting and that Mountune say to give it 1000 miles to settle.

Did you declare it to your insurance? Cost any extra? I'm with Aviva and have yet to fit the restrictor so will check with them later.

• Like 1

Apart from a very slight vibration at idle when the AC is on its all good, cars smoother to drive when changing gear, feels like it's putting the power down better.

yes it's declared, I'm with greenlight so pretty much all Mountune upgrades are free with them.

• Like 1

What would be a reasonable cost to get this fitted at a garage? As I've mentioned before, I don't have the tools myself and, after chatting with Aviva online, they need to know the full details and costs of fitting for the item before they can tell me if it will cost me any more on my insurance (I'm guessing having it installed by a mechanic rather than self install may affect things).

It will take less than half an hour, I got charged £10 although I was having the catback fitted at the same time.

on the STOC forum stoneacre ford supply and fit it for £160 so £20 fitting.

only difference having it done by a garage is you have proof is was installed correctly (in theory lol)