Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.6tdci 95ps Tuning

scours81

Hi.

I have the above car, and am looking to raise it to around 125/130 bhp if possible, without spending thousands.

Im aware of a remap should get around 25bhp and bringing it upto around 120 mark but is there anything else firstly inexpensive and then what are the alternatives.

Im fully aware that this car was restricted for emissions wise, im looking at not really giving a stuff :)

Can the egr be blanked on these? Will it show up on management system after installation?

Does the dpf restrict it in any way im guessing so as it would hold back exhaust gases? What would be the best way of going round this and possible exhaust upgrade, and still pass the mot?

Thanks in advance

I think a de-cat sometimes goes well with a re-map, although illegal, so obviously upto you.

diesels do not have cats they have a dpf and it is not illegal to remove a dpf .

Decat - illegal

DPF removal legal (if passes smoke test which it will)

Diesels had cats until the dpf arrived.

It is illegal to remove dpf as your removing something that made the car meet its emissions restriction

• Like 1

My 05 Mondeo ST TDCi had a cat, D.P.F.'s came in around 2008 / 9.

It is illegal to remove / gut a D.P.F.

I stand corrected but only as of 2014... I last had a diesel in 2013 lol

I believe it is illegal but it depends on where the DPF is and how easy it is to visually inspect during the MOT. Most DPF removals would never fail the smoke limit test during the MOT and alot of people (I mean alot) of Diesel Giulietta owners on the Alfa forum have removed their DPF removed because its hidden away in the engine compartment behind some shielding/panelling that needs unscrewing so it's very very difficult for an MOT inspector to visually inspect whether its present without removing the panelling which they wouldn't.

I'm not sure where the DPF is on the fiesta but if it's easy to inspect it's likely to fail.

A remap would still be able to get you good gains without a dpf removal just not as much, an alternative to that you could trying a tuning box, I can recommend a spider tuning box: http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_75_242&product_id=553

Increase to 129PS and and a massive 90nm of torque increase to 320nm which can be more important for diesels.

At that price I'd go for Bluefin from Superchips instead.

At that price I'd go for Bluefin from Superchips instead.

Like I said, there's plenty of alternatives but I can't recommend any exactly as I've never used them like Bluefin. I can see you have one on your mondeo and have good gains.

Looking at Bluefins site (here's the OP Version) it is £16 cheaper but you also get less bhp/torque gains, Bluefin=119/253, Spider=127/320. I really don't feel the torque increase is an exgerated either as I get an extra 90nm on my Diesel Giulietta (320nm up to 410nm) and you can more than feel it's a whole 1/3 more torquey, they just work so well with diesels.

I'm trying to get a forum code for the forum, the Alfa forum has one that gets you the performance box for £299

If the price is too much they also have a less performance version which gives you the gains of 115bhp/290nm version here for £199.

I also mentioned on my review thread they have some refurbished versions on their ebay store for £99 delivered, just need to let them know your car and engine number in the order details message box during checkout.

I know I sound like a sales man for Spider :P but i have 2 of these and used them for quite awhile now and they just work at giving you more easy performance and their customer service is ace and hepful. I can just recommend them.

Fair comment - however I think the torque gain is excessive & could fry the clutch.

Yeah I suppose any torque gains will contribute more and more toweards clutch slip but aslong as the torque is distruibuted well it should be a long long time into the cars life before you even get signs of it. Probably trying to floor it in high gears from too low RPM is likely to be more of an overall effect.

Just so you know if it will help theres a 30% off forum coupon code FOC30 which will make the tuning boxes:

The £375 Performance, now £262.50 (£112.50 off)

The £199 Spider box, now £139.30 (£59.70 off)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club