Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Mods And Upgrades

JT_Fiesta02

I'm 18 and the insurance just me on my own is about 2200 with a black box if I have my dad with his no claims then it's like 1700 if that

You got a lot of mods on your flame? And that's actually not too bad!

Do you have any no claims yourself? Or is this your first year driving?

You got a lot of mods on your flame? And that's actually not too bad!

I've got a few :)

Retrofitted electric mirrors.

£500+ ICE

Projector headlights & HIDs

LED footwell lighting

Hydrodipped centre console, door handles & mirrors

Aftermarket alloys

Rear subframe Polybushes

Wind deflectors

There's always a few I forget too

All recently declared

I told them I had a years experience on the road from my 2 stroke geared bike days ;). But it's my first year driving

Ah right! That's probably why your so expensive! Was thinking about new wheels and wind deflectors lowering springs and spoiler but I just doubt I'm gonna get much back when I sell it! Already put a grand in for repairs! Bought it for £650 but could easily sell it for a lit more at the moment! Got mine for a steal

Ah right! That's probably why your so expensive! Was thinking about new wheels and wind deflectors lowering springs and spoiler but I just doubt I'm gonna get much back when I sell it! Already put a grand in for repairs! Bought it for £650 but could easily sell it for a lit more at the moment! Got mine for a steal

Did they believe you haha?

It went up £200 with the above mods and a few future ones! Still extortionate :(

I put a lot of money into parts for the first mk6 I had but did all the work myself saving me a small fortune. Passed a month after my 17th and learnt with a family friend which also saved me a fortune...

All those fortunes then went on the insurance.. the joys of being young!

Suppose I should insure it for business use too at some point...

I paid over the phone.. they basically said that it doesn't count as no claims which is fair enough but they'll "make a note of it" so it's basically made no difference

I've started piecing together airride components too.. Insurance are sure going to love me..

Stick a set of decent used alloys on it and maybe lower it and then start putting the cash away for a Zetec S or ST. You can sell the wheels on then when you sell the car and get most of your money back if you buy a good used set at the right price. Think of what you could be driving next year if you save all your money and just put up with a few basic mods for now.:)

• Like 1

That's still crazy price for it but then again! If you can afford it then go for it!

Yeah I guess your right! I will probably keep the car in its shape at the moment as it looks pretty decent! Then upgrade

That's still crazy price for it but then again! If you can afford it then go for it!

It's the cheapest insurance I can get without a black box :( still 1400 with a black box

That's mad! Have you tried direct line? It changes how much you pay depending on the day and they are the cheapest I found!

I pay £196 fully comp on my Focus Zetec S 1.6 Ecoboost, i think that is the only good thing about being 37 yrs old!:lol:

Bet you have a load of fun too because then the rest of the money goes towards the parts haha! So lucky!!

That's mad! Have you tried direct line? It changes how much you pay depending on the day and they are the cheapest I found!

I got a quote off them 4 days before my test for 1800. Called them to purchase and they Said the claim never existed and qouted me 5800!!!

Jesus! I looked into it all for ages and they came out on top! Was like £1000 on a Thursday and then £800 on Wednesday etc was weird but I got the cheapest I could

• Like 1

Bet you have a load of fun too because then the rest of the money goes towards the parts haha! So lucky!!

Not yet mate as only had it for about 2 months. First mod will be a set of 19's i think. Bluefin, exhaust, intercooler, filter and Eibachs are on the wishlist though!:)

You got the money for it? What colour is it?

Black. Mods will be done month by month as I get paid, couple of things to pay off first as the car was more than I originally planned on spending so once thats sorted I will start spending!

Yeah my pal has a black one! There's a white one that goes about round me! Completely standard and has a st kit on it! It has a black spoiler and wheels and mirrors and looks ace!!!

I did originally want white but the black one came up at a good price. Im glad now to be honest as ive seen loads of white ones since.

Yeah at least you'll have something different and can do it your own way

• 4 years later...
On 6/22/2015 at 2:03 AM, kamz said:

The mk6 is nice it's worth every penny I tell you now and there a few mods that will turn heads everywhere such as 4 2 1 manifold center section and custom back box that makes the car pop and bang well through every gear it's a nice car to enjoy at a young age couldn't ask for anything better at this age considering the insurance as well

Will the 4 2 1 manifold fit on the 1.25 zetec s

• 11 months later...

Hi I've got a 1.6 zetec s black , I was just wondering what mods I can do to the engine and decent body kits . I have done a few things to make it look good , I've gone with purple as secondary colour .

Any tips and mods would be great