Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Mk6 Wont Turn Over

tazz786

Hi all,

Any help will really be appreciated. Basically the car was working fine. Started up and drove to work. When I finished I tried turning the key and nothing. All the lights on the dash are fine but it's not even trying to start. It just won't turn over at all. Someone came out and gave me a quick solution for now until I can find out how to fix it. Basically he took out the fuse for the start and put a in a wire so I have to put the keys in. Open the bonnet and press this wire and it starts without problems. I'll try adding pics when I find out how too to help people understand. Hopefully someone can help with this.

Thank you

Hopefully you can see both pics. The fuse is the one he removed. And the wire is what he did for a quick fix so I press it down which starts the car straight away.

post-15987-0-61657600-1434963520_thumb.j

post-15987-0-62009700-1434963551_thumb.j

Possible faulty ignition switch / starter motor / wiring issue ?

Looks like a relay to me, not a fuse.

• Like 1

It IS a relay :)

Sorry yeah I meant relay. I've ordered a new one of these just incase that could be the fault?

The fact that it worked when he bypassed it would point towards that being at fault! Let us know how you get on! :)

Well I got the relay last night very hopeful of it fixing the problem. But no. Didn't change a thing so if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club