Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digital Speedometer

SNC

I saw that you can get a digital speedomoter to show on the trip computer. My understanding was you hold the black trip reset button on the speed panel, then turn your key till the electris come on and it said keep holding it till it says GAGE, hoever mine said TEST and then start the engine up. You should then be able to using the black trip reset button go through the trip options till the digital speedometer shows. It never came up on mine and I couldn't see anything different.

How do you get this working?

Thanks

I've seen it on mine, going though the different test options until I found the speed. What I'd like to know is, does anyone know of a way to set this as an available option when flicking through the standard tip computer options like MPG and average speed? I guess this would need some fiddling with some settings that aren't meant to be changed, but it would be a great thing to be able to see. I think Ford have missed a trick there.

i just tried accessing the digital speedo from the test menu and then drove up my drive to see a) if i could use the car ok and b) how accurate it was. It seems my digital readout is doing strange things and was reading over 30mph when i was barely moving!. So i think i'll leave it alone.

You could always use GPS on a phone for a digital speed reading - not ideal i know. Search GPS speedometer in an app store and there's a few to choose from.

• Like 1

Yeah i use my satnav but the digital speedometer should be an easier alternative already in the car. Maybe it was displaying kph? 30mph is 18kph.

Yeah i use my satnav but the digital speedometer should be an easier alternative already in the car. Maybe it was displaying kph? 30mph is 18kph.

no was def mph, the next option is kmh and that was doing something similar. did you get yours working?, i held the button and started the car then released when test appeared, then toggled through. To leave the test menu i just turned the car off.

I haven't tried since as it's currently in with some lying muppets but I'll try again at some point if I haven't sent the car back.

• Like 1

My understanding was you hold the black trip reset button on the speed panel, then turn your key till the electris come on and it said keep holding it till it says GAGE,

Anyone know how to achieve this, on the PUSH/START models?

Anyone know how to achieve this, on the PUSH/START models?

hold the black button and start the car as normal

hold the black button and start the car as normal

Thought so :)

Wasn't sure, as some people have the turn key to turn ignition on... not start the car - to enable to test menu.

Diolch.

Thought so :)

Wasn't sure, as some people have the turn key to turn ignition on... not start the car - to enable to test menu.

Diolch.

lol i had to google Diolch :)

lol i had to google Diolch :)

Haha...

Diolch for thanks...

Diloch yn fawr for thank you very much,

So to speak

:D

I think the police might be knocking on your door :lol:

I wonder if there's meant to be a decimal point in there somewhere lol.

It's in kmh instead of mph?

• Like 1

Waaaaaaay off!!

Lol glad it wasn't just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Off the back of this discussion I looked on the App Store yesterday for alternatives and found cyclops, which is primarily a speed camera notifier but also shows a nice clear gps speedo. Pretty good so far and from what the reviews say is very accurate at reporting speed cameras. Community driven too so mobile camera units can be reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think you might be right, maybe that should have been 52.5kph which would actually make sense for the speed your doing in mph, do remember it should be slightly different to your needled speedo as it should be slightly different and more acurate.

Yes I tried MPH and KPH. They were both way off. The digital MPH matched the digital KPH. But didn't match the needle

Maybe true. As I tried MPH first, pulled out of a parking bay, Needle showed 1-2mph... Digital showed 10mph.

It could be just a number representing the speed before it's converted to mph / kph i.e. the raw number that the ECU reads.

• 5 years later...
On 6/25/2015 at 11:25 AM, L22EEW said:

Maybe true. As I tried MPH first, pulled out of a parking bay, Needle showed 1-2mph... Digital showed 10mph.

I have confirmed there is supposed to be a decimal place so it 1mph would display as 10mph and is meant as 1.0

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club