Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-max 1.8 (92 Kw) 2007 Won't Start Warm Engine

Sinisha

Hi everyone (sorry about my English)
my S-max won't start when the engine is warm.

If I turn off normally warm engine and I want to start it after 2-3 min, dash board temp instrument shows 120 C and than the fan starts to work on his second speed; and engine malfunction is shown on board. In normally conditions fan newer works on his second speed which is very strange and funny! Sometimes I have to try 5-6 times to start the engine. In meantime I'm waiting for working fan to stop. After 5-6 attempts to start the engine it will start and the temperature on the board instrument immediately will decrease in normal frames, on 90 C.

Only one error code is appeared (P 0562 -System voltage low) and this is very strange (for me) because what is the connection between engine temperature and voltage?!

Today I also noticed two times blinks on hitters light which was a new moment in my problem.

Does anyone have an idea?

The situation is still the same.
Today I did control and I saw that temp on engine head (just turned off) was 82 C but on laptop program, in real-time, the coolant temp was 205 C!?
The error codes was:
P 0A09 -DC / DC Converter status circuit low and
P 0562 -System voltage low.

Hi Sinisha, my 2.0 TDCI went through a period of doing this 4yrs ago. I did get a new battery and starter at the time, but I actually think the real problem was there was a plastic air intake throttle body that the internal mechanism jammed shut hence not allowing air in. It may be all your engine codes relates to constant attempts to start it.

So it might be worth stripping and cleaning the throttle intake.

• Like 1

Thank you for your post Ian. Can you please tell me exactly what the throttle intake/body is and where can I find it. A year ago I also changed the battery so maybe this will solve the problem.

I'm not familiar with the 1.8 TDCI , only know its an original Ford design whereas the 2.0/2.2 are Peugeot/Citroen units.

This is a pic of the 2.0 TDCI. The throttle body is at the bottom centre of the pic with 2 sensors . a vacuum valve an a jubilee clip on it.

I would imagine something similar exists on the 1.8 at the point where the intercooler pipe enters the engine intake

http://www.enginesod.com/images/www.enginesod.com/large/th41421245362qxwb-engine.jpg

• Like 1

Ian thank you very much for your reply and I hope it will be helpful for me.

Hi Ian,

I think I solved my problem, I cleaned and sprayed CHT/ECT-sensor and whole watchable connections/connectors till the PCM's three connectors.

I hope I did everything Ok and now I have to wait and check the engine behavior in future!

Thank you very much for your messages and for your help.

Regards, Sinisha