Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

2015 Formula 1 British Grand Prix At Silverstone

mixmasterlooney

Who's going? Surely someone here other than me is going the great British Grand Prix

This is my first time visiting Silverstone and I would very much appreciate any tips from people attending or have been before, rather stupidly I got excited and parted my money before doing some research and finding out local farmers and schools rent out parking at a much cheaper rate :lol: Much rather driving my Focus than parting another £30 per person by train from Euston London on some 4 hour something train journey!

Time to see our boys Jenson and Lewis, I will definitely be wearing my £30 quid McLaren Honda hat and waving my Union Jack all day long

1416759339313_lc_galleryImage_Mercedes_d

Drop your name on the list if your attending!

1. Kurt

I'll be watching it on TV if it counts? lol.

We are going to Spa this year, it worked out cheaper and a lot less hassle than going to Silverstone at the time we booked...

• Like 1

Went a few years ago as wifey bought me a three day Grandstand pass as a birthday present. Went on the Friday with a mate then Sat and Sun with the wife.

Great time especially as it was when the podium was in line with the start/finish line and we were sat directly in line. Went again a couple of years ago on the Sunday with a general entry ticket. What a waste of money. Difficult to see much and a lot of walking and standing around.

Everything is expensive....and the engine sound has gone!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Alex I will be watching it on tv too while at the track on NowTV lol. I'm going in on a general admission ticket as it is truly expensive as you've said, I have learned with any general admission ticket the trick is to get in super early before the crowd and get well settled in establishing ones space as close to the track as possible.

Totally agree on the engine sounds, some people are suggesting buying ear plugs, I'm not too sure about that :lol:

As if the ticket cost wasn't bad enough it's £50 quid for a Sunday day parking permit

• Like 1

I haven't been following F1 for a few years but would still love to go and see it at some point, never been and I'm sure being there in person will be 100x better than watching it on TV (and would give you 100x less hearing afterwards).

Won tickets/pit lane passes on the radio for the Grand Prix Masters a few years ago, you'll have the time of your life

• Like 1