Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misty Reverse Camera

jace1969

As in title,my reverse camera is a bit misty.

Washed the car the other day and a very slight mist on the top part when you look at the picture
Camera is new from ford 4 months ago as was done under cover so free.

Its the genuine one as on from new and in mirror,works fine with all lines etc.
Don't spray water direct on it and try not to wash it but it does and will get wet.

Any advice would be great as still under cover until october 20th.

It's like damp but it's a sealed lense in a plastic cover.

Condensation.

Condensation.

Whats the best was to solve this,hair dryer or some sort of heat.

Is this common when you wash your car.

Seems fairly common - I've not found a permanent cure - yet

Seems fairly common - I've not found a permanent cure - yet

How have you sorted yours out,it's all ok but the pic on the mirror is like a slight mist on the top part.

All lines there.

I just avoid getting them wet, Focus ST is better than TXS for some reason - i'll find a permanent cure when I find the time.

Hi

If its still under guarantee I would take it back, I have had security cameras steam up, it needs to be taken apart cleaned and put back together, may need a new sealing ring, or seal with clear silicone. It has to be water tight, or it will keep steaming up, You will find the moisture is trapped in the camera.( on a warm day it may go but come back when cold)

Small cameras are difficult to repair, just had to repair a infra red shutter on a camera after I dropped it, I thought it would never work again. A bit of super glue on the lever to the solenoid sorted it out.

Barry T

Hi

If its still under guarantee I would take it back, I have had security cameras steam up, it needs to be taken apart cleaned and put back together, may need a new sealing ring, or seal with clear silicone. It has to be water tight, or it will keep steaming up, You will find the moisture is trapped in the camera.( on a warm day it may go but come back when cold)

Small cameras are difficult to repair, just had to repair a infra red shutter on a camera after I dropped it, I thought it would never work again. A bit of super glue on the lever to the solenoid sorted it out.

Barry T

How can you not get it wet lol. :)

When you wash it you avoid is as much as you can and i don't hose pipe it just round it but still goes on

Also when it rains and if it's heavy rain your stuffed.

I might just pop it back ''again'' to be honest getting a bit sick of it,it's been in twice all day for this and i need the car

24/7.

Gave it a quick blast with a hair dryer for about 5 mins then left it,tried it

an hour after and seems o.k now,looking at something to pop over it when i wash it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club