Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spider Tuning 30% Off Forum Code

SNC

Hi, I normally hang around in the Fiesta Forum as I have a Fiesta but I've acquired a Forum Coupon Code with Spider Tuning and thought the Focus Forum would benefit from it as you can get some great gains on the Focus.

The Forum Code is FOC30 (enter at the basket) which gives 30% off all their products. http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/index.htm

I've been using Spider Tuning Boxes for awhile and i have a Spider Performance Pack on My Alfa Romeo Giulietta (105bhp > 140+bhp) and the less powerful Spider Box on my Ford Fiesta ecoboost 125 (125bhp > 150+bhp) I love them and wrote a review on their performance increases and they really make a difference. I've done some 0-60 runs on the Fiesta and got between 7.2 - 7.6 seconds which is whole 2 seconds quicker than the 9.4 - 9.6 seconds I was getting before installing the box, it builds power much better and smoother. Motorway Cruising is much nicer too.

Their support is really great and I've been communicating with them for awhile now and they provided a Forum Code for the Alfa Owners Club Forum which proved very popular, so I asked and they have kindly provided us with our own exclusive Ford Owners exclusive coupon code. The FOC30 code makes:

The £375 Performance Pack is now £262.50 (£112.50 off)
The £259 Micro Box is now £181.30 (£77.70 off)
The £199 Spider Tuning boxes is now £139.30 (£59.70 off)
The £129 Launch Control Pack is now £90.30 (£38.70 off)

They have also let me know that there is a whole new improved site comming the 1st July, with more cars and versions being advertised so you should be able to find your exact car version, with simpler functionality which allows you just to select your car and it will give you all the different optional tuning boxes available for your car including a new bluetooth Performance Pack which works with an app on your android. I don't know the prices yet but sounds really good.

Just so you know, any of the tuning boxes on their site work on any car and engine (this is why they are all the same price what ever car/engine/fuel type you choose) so its easily removed and transferable, it just needs the correct connecting hanress/cable for the next engine. Even though its the same box, they adjust for your engine when you connect it and leave it running on idle for 3 minutes at the factory settings and then it's recommend to drive the first 30 miles not going over 3000rpm (4000rpm max) and you feel the box learning the engine and you then feel the extra power start kicking in as you get close to the 30 mile run in. After that you can set it to any setting you wish and enjoy the extra power [ :D]

Also it's got Adaptiv-Scan technology which as it connects to engine sensors, it monitors how you drive, so if your driving calmly it'll adjust intakes to save more fuel than normal then when you put your foot down it adjusts intakes to give as much extra power as you request from the box settings.

Version links (If you want me to request a version they've overlooked to their site, let me know)

MK1

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 100PS / 240NM (Up to 136PS / 330Nm)

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 115PS / 280NM (Up to 155PS / 370Nm)

Ford Focus ST 2.5 226PS / 320NM (Up to 289PS / 420Nm)

MK2

Ford Focus 1.4 TDCi 68PS / 160NM (Up to 95PS / 210Nm)

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi / 66KW 215NM (Up to 121PS / 310Nm)

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 109PS / 240NM (Up to 146PS / 330Nm)

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 115PS / 280NM (Up to 155PS / 370Nm)

Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi 136PS / 320NM (Up to 182PS / 420Nm)

Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 250PS / 360NM (Up to 320PS / 450Nm)

MK3

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 95PS / 230NM (Up to 129PS / 320Nm)

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 116PS / 270NM (Up to 153PS / 360Nm)

Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi 140PS / 320NM (Up to 189PS / 420Nm)

Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS / 340NM (217PS / 435Nm)

Ford Focus 1.5 ECOBOOST 150PS / 240NM (Up to 194PS / 310Nm)

Ford Focus 1.5 ECOBOOST 182PS / 240NM (Up to 231PS / 305Nm)

Ford Focus 1.6 ECOBOOST 150PS / 240NM (Up to 194PS / 310Nm)

Ford Focus 1.5 ECOBOOST 182PS / 240NM (Up to 231PS / 305Nm)

Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 250PS / 360NM (Up to 320PS / 450Nm)

Hopefully this helps others enjoy unlocking the hidden extra potential their Focus have. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Code doesn't work for me on Safari/ipad

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Code doesn't work!

I've just checked and the code is working fine.

Add your product

Click 'Shopping Cart'

Click 'Use Coupon Code'

Enter 'FOC30' (The first 3 are letters all in capitols and the last two are numbers)

Click 'Apply Coupon'

It should update the basket with a new reduced price.

Let me know if your still having trouble

post-62176-0-22033500-1435390125_thumb.p

I'm really considering this for my fiesta 1.0 125 as I was looking at bluefins. Especially with the 30% off!

I can't seem to see the difference between their different products (performance pack, tuning box, micro box) etc. which one did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I had the lower powered £199 Spider box on my Giulietta originally and it made a big difference, then later i replaced it with the £375 Performance Pack and the difference was a bit more noticeable especially in race mode but not as big as going from no box to the original box. When I got my Fiesta (same 125 ecoboost as yours) I drove without the box for a few day but couldn't wait to put it on. The difference was crystal clear very quickly in the Fiesta, I admittedly do have it on Max setting but economy hardly suffers at all unless you want to use all that power all the time and I even get better economy in the Giulietta when I'm relaxed driving with all that extra torque helping to reduce the need for as much accelerator. Not sure on the fiesta yet as I've only topped up once but got 450 miles to the tank so not bad at all.

The Spider tuning box and micro box are just slightly different preferable designs but give roughly about 20-25% extra power (about 152bhp and 240nm torque) the performance pack gives roughly 30-35% about 164bhp and 265nm) extra power and more torque.

Like I said really easy to install and remove and transfer, so can highly recommend them and the discount makes them a well worth while purchase which ever level of box you go for.

If you get one let us know how you find it I know you'll be pleasantly pleased :)

Must be an ipad/safari thing then, as definitely not working under that

Just tried it in IE on my PC and it works fine. looks like Zaphod is going to get a big boost!

• Like 1

Must be an ipad/safari thing then, as definitely not working under that

Just tried it in IE on my PC and it works fine. looks like Zaphod is going to get a big boost!

Congrats :D which car have you got, the 1.6 diesel 113bhp? All focus versions get a good 40bhp more and the diesels end up with over 300nm of torque will make it alot of fun :D

Ordered the Performance Pack :rolleyes: shhhh don't tell the missus. Will try and do a nice stealth install where I can still easily change the mode and will do a review. Definitely going to need a stiffer rear anti roll bar now

Mines on 14K miles so now just nicely run in, should get the most out of it, especially looking forward to that extra torque for when I have 4 folks on board, the 1.6 115PS is fastish when its just me in the car but notices passengers

Oh if only these things could just plug into the OBD port!!

Ordered the Performance Pack :rolleyes: shhhh don't tell the missus. Will try and do a nice stealth install where I can still easily change the mode and will do a review. Definitely going to need a stiffer rear anti roll bar now

Mines on 14K miles so now just nicely run in, should get the most out of it, especially looking forward to that extra torque for when I have 4 folks on board, the 1.6 115PS is fastish when its just me in the car but notices passengers

Oh if only these things could just plug into the OBD port!!

Lol just say you need to top up the oil, follow the visual guide they provide and it takes like 2-3 mins Max to install, then when you want to adjust it 'oh I think the brake fluid needs topping up' :P

To be fair after you've installed it, left it idol for a few mins and then go out and do some light driving for 30 miles. Then you can just put it on Max Race Mode setting and just leave it then. You don't even have to drive fast it just makes everyday driving easier too so I think your wife will like it like mine did and now she loves it.

Looking forward to your review and experiences. Enjoy :D

I'm looking forward to this

Orig. Spider

116PS 153PS

85kW 111kW

270NM 360Nm

That takes the torque up to my old Landrover levels and that thing would climb vertical cliffs. Almost 40 extra ponies as well. Hopefully the K&N on there will let it get the air it needs. There is gonna be a lot of confused youngsters in their boy ricers peed of when a grandad leaves em standing in a diesel

I'm looking forward to this

Orig. Spider

116PS 153PS

85kW 111kW

270NM 360Nm

That takes the torque up to my old Landrover levels and that thing would climb vertical cliffs. Almost 40 extra ponies as well. Hopefully the K&N on there will let it get the air it needs. There is gonna be a lot of confused youngsters in their boy ricers peed of when a grandad leaves em standing in a diesel

I definitely think if you can afford it you should go all out and get the performance pack especially at £262 its definitely worth it. Although the Spider Tuning box is still more than enough fun and gives good gains.

There really good gains your getting, Diesels love more torque and so will you. My Giulietta has 416nm and it pulls like a train whatever the incline. Yours will have more raw bhp than mine though and weighs less so I can already guarantee you lots of fun and the k&n will help make things even better.

It is the performance pack I've ordered 8-)

The 30% discount was too good to turn down and I was looking at a bluefin, but this seems to review better and give more gains. And it doesn't flag in the ECU's that there has been a new map loaded like the bluefin or require open heart surgery

The Landy was chipped to 500nm torque, it would rip out tree's and plow right through deep mud, but was nearly 3 tonnes so 360 in the much lighter focus will go like stink

It is the performance pack I've ordered 8-)

The 30% discount was too good to turn down and I was looking at a bluefin, but this seems to review better and give more gains. And it doesn't flag in the ECU's that there has been a new map loaded like the bluefin or require open heart surgery

The Landy was chipped to 500nm torque, it would rip out tree's and plow right through deep mud, but was nearly 3 tonnes so 360 in the much lighter focus will go like stink

I bet it did with that much torque, yeah the much less weight should make this much more fun though, if you don't take it off road in to a bog :P

Yeah that's what first drew me to Spider I didn't like the fact a Remap and other options would change the ECU and risk loosing my warranty, not being able to easily take it off transfer it if I wanted to sell the car and easily revert back to standard tuning with no signs of anything otherwise.

Obviously not being brave enough to risk a remap also meant I wasn't brave enough to risk not telling my insurance but I was pleasantly suprised at how cheap it was though.

This had got me interested. I'm going to wait until their smart phone controlled one comes out and see the price. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah i,'m looking forward to their new bluetooth version, if its the right price with the 30% off I might get it to replace the normal Spider box on my Fiesta and then sell that one on.

You know I must like these if I'm getting my 3rd one :P Might get the turbo box aswell for my Alfa if they put them back up on the new site, it used to be there and they advertise it still on the of main site with all the info http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/turbo-tuning.html but I need to do more research on it first but I assume it just allows you to unlock the bar pressure (normally restricted by the ECU) your turbo will go to by a couple of bar.

I wouldn't normally go anywhere near tubo tuning but I know Spider products learn your cars safe limits and work within them so I trust them to try.

DHL, just dropped me off a nice package 8-), had a couple of questions and the online help session on the Spider website was fantastic, had help within about 20 seconds and all questions answered and dealt with, now just need to wait until work finishes and I shall be plugging in and tuning. Shame the Mk3 1.6 Duratorq requires you to fish down at the rear for the fuel rail pressure sensor, expecting some grazed knuckles and frustration till I get the knack. The MAF sensor is easy to get at. Reckon it will take me 30 mins to fit the first time, till I work out the trick to getting down the back and 10 mins after that

Quality of loom is first rate, looks better than fords own, connectors are also top quality and the unit itself looks very good, seems a shame to have to hide it (don't want the chip visible at a cursory look). Looking forward to having the same power as the 2.0l diesel and as much torque as an ST in the smaller. lighter and more fuel efficient engine. If this works out well, I may try some of their others gadgets, particularly the Turbo control. although I see boost of 1.7 bar already, it only really comes in late and at high load, normal to see negative boost on cruise and only around 0.5 bar on normal driving. In fact there is a great correlation between instantaneous MPG and boost. 0 or under boost gets you 60mpg or greater, the moment you see positive boot then the MPG drops rapidly

• Like 1

DHL, just dropped me off a nice package 8-), had a couple of questions and the online help session on the Spider website was fantastic, had help within about 20 seconds and all questions answered and dealt with, now just need to wait until work finishes and I shall be plugging in and tuning. Shame the Mk3 1.6 Duratorq requires you to fish down at the rear for the fuel rail pressure sensor, expecting some grazed knuckles and frustration till I get the knack. The MAF sensor is easy to get at. Reckon it will take me 30 mins to fit the first time, till I work out the trick to getting down the back and 10 mins after that

Quality of loom is first rate, looks better than fords own, connectors are also top quality and the unit itself looks very good, seems a shame to have to hide it (don't want the chip visible at a cursory look). Looking forward to having the same power as the 2.0l diesel and as much torque as an ST in the smaller. lighter and more fuel efficient engine. If this works out well, I may try some of their others gadgets, particularly the Turbo control. although I see boost of 1.7 bar already, it only really comes in late and at high load, normal to see negative boost on cruise and only around 0.5 bar on normal driving. In fact there is a great correlation between instantaneous MPG and boost. 0 or under boost gets you 60mpg or greater, the moment you see positive boot then the MPG drops rapidly

Congrats, bet you can't wait to get that power, The Giulietta was so easy to connect too that I could do it in 20 seconds but the Fiesta was a little harder (125 ecoboost engine), one connection was so easy like the giulietta but the other is at the back of the engine under some tubing but it still only took me 3 minutes it's not as hard as you think but some thin pliers certainly help if you can't get your fingers around connectors to squeeze and pull. Their support is top notch and really helpful.

Make sure you leave it at its factory set settings and idle the engine for up to 3 mins, then don't go over 4000rpm max for 30 miles, I always take mine out on a near motorway for a 15 mile run down and then back, the box wont make hardly any difference for the first 20 so miles while it's learning, then you'll feel it just loosening up and the power becoming more and more available. Then after that whack it on max settings as you know you want too and have fun :P.

Definitly report back with how you are getting on with it as I think your the first Focus owner on here I've seen with this box and it will likely help others to make the decission.

I'm looking to try their new Arachnid bluetooth Device, just witing for the price to come available. Took me 4 hours to update 3 different ecommerce web stores yesterday and there's has been down over 24 hours :P, when it's finally back up though I should be able to get the prices.

But enjoy :D

Well, not so good news, the fitting instructions are for the old 1.6 tdci as in the Mk2.5 not the Mk3 version (despite ordering the mk3 chip), so the MAP sensor is not where they say (in fact according the the Haynes pathetic attempt at a manual there is no MAP on the new version) and there is no way to reach around the back to get to the fuel rail without either taking the battery and battery tray out or removing half the injection and EGR system. So this will not be a 10 min fit. Its going to be a 2 hour fit, if it fits at all. which is not good news for having to remove it for servicing

Though based on Spiders communications so far I'm hopeful they will come up with a solution

• Like 1

Well another big up for Spiders support, I sent them a photo of my engine and within 5 mins they had sent them back with the correct location marked for the MAP sensor (Which Haynes reckons doesn't exist!) (its very obvious and easy to get to when you know where)

The only fun on the Mk3 is the engine is around 5" further back than on the Mk 2.5. More room at the front but means that the fuel rail sensor is a pig to get to (Same for the EGR). Apparently need to take out the battery tray. I'm going to first go find someone with long thin arm and 3 elbows and try it the direct route

Engine too hot to work on (been belting along the M40) at moment so fitting will have to wait till tonight or tomorrow

S

• Like 1

Thats a real pain of a start and shame it wasn't as simple as my experiences I supose every engine is different and the connection are in different places.

It'll be worth it mate once it's in, good luck tonight :)

Yep, they made the MAP connector easier than before, but to offset that buried the fuel rail about as deep as you can get. I'm sure there is a way to get a hand to it, but its difficult when you don't know exactly where it is, the Haynes manual is no use at all, what few photo's there are, are so bad or with the engine out and all the other components removed it doesn't give any clues. There is a mass of hoses and tubes in that area

Well, I found the Fuel Pressure Sensor, I can actually get both hands to it from 2 different directions without removing anything other than the engine cover. Trouble is I cant get a good grip on it and lift the yellow tab at the same time while jiggling. I can do one or the other

Its actually possible to see it using a bright torch, through a gap in the fittings, and I used a old bike Spoke to push down to it and try to lift the yellow tab, but again, I cant hold the spoke under the tab and pull at the same time

Gave up after 2 hours cos arms are sore. I want to work out the way of doing it like this, as once I get the knack it will be fast to put it on and off, if I have to take off the battery, then you have the time and the issue with the battery charge calculations being upset etc. Ford can also see you have disconnected the battery as the car keeps a count of charge cycles and time since disconnect

No wonder I was confused earlier. Haynes actually has the MAP sensor listed and labelled as the air temperature sender!!!!!!! They really have gone downhill

Hmm its mad that it's so awkwardly placed and so difficult, 2 hours is nuts.

I had some fun (that you will get soon) tonight, was on a single 30mph road doing slightly more than that however it still wasn't enough for an Audi A4 2.0 diesel who was pushing so far up my !Removed! I was practically towing him, then the road splits into a three lanes (one to continue forwards and two which become slip roads for the motorway). There's lights just before the motorway slip road so the Audi pulled up next to me in one lane and me in the other ready to fight up the slip road.

Lights go green and I was at 70 in 2nd gear before he could get to 50 and needing to push up into 3rd, I was so far ahead at 90 when I hit the motorway in 3rd that the Audi drivers balls had retracted so far into his stomach that he didn't even try to catch up. This just wouldn't have been the case without this box.

There's just a great satisfaction in teaching much bigger impatient cars a lesson when they don't see the ST signs and think you'll be a pushover. :D

• Haha 1

LOL, would be even better seeing his face when a diesel does the same, Maybe I should have waited for the bluetooth version so I could set it to race on the fly!

Lol I know why people do change the settings as people do prefer different deliveries of power but race mode is the one for me constantly :P it's the same in the Giulietta it has a DNA system which let's you choose how much power you want and how sharp the throttle is to deliver it, I always have it in dynamic mode (sports) 90% of the time as I like to have that power readily available (although its too sensitive for stop start traffic which is the only time I drop down to Normal mode). My partner is happy to stay in normal mode 80% of the time so I suppose it's nice to have the choice of settings.

I'm interested in trying out the bluetooth box to replace my older Spider box, if not just because the image on their homepage has a few interesting settings such as preboost and the t0 - t90 settings. I believe their will be no performance increases over your performance box its just the bluetooth connection with the app.

Have you managed to fit it yet or going to try again today? I'm actually excited for you to get it working I like to see how others enjoy this nice boost I love.

• Like 1