Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spider Tuning 30% Off Forum Code

SNC

Yep the 5 led lights at the top, was in the 3rd one, found out because you can download the setting your on in the bluetooth screen. It was easy, just downloaded the app from google play store. Then set bluetooth to on the phone, search for the tuning box and wala. Must be between the 150 and 180 zetec s in 0-60 being 55kg lighter?

Thanks for the info. Really really might get one next week payday :P

Makes sense I suppose 163bhp is in between them and you've got a bit more torque than the 150 and like you said a lighter car :D

I do like that you can pump yourself up to (and past) the next version up of your car without spending a fortune :)

The P lights across the top, I had a chat about them to Spider the 3rd one means you are still in warm up mode, it goes to the first 1 when ready

Mine has smoothed out some more and the roughness at 2500 seems to have gone

Hey madmole are those sidestrips from eBay?

Just had an excuse to post a letter, seems plenty of fast had it on road2.

The P lights across the top, I had a chat about them to Spider the 3rd one means you are still in warm up mode, it goes to the first 1 when ready

Mine has smoothed out some more and the roughness at 2500 seems to have gone

That's good news about the roughness I thought it would as I remember it got better in my Diesel Giulietta the more it ran.

Hey madmole are those sidestrips from ebay?

Just had an excuse to post a letter, seems plenty of fast had it on road2.

Getting good improvements and having fun posting a letter there? :D

Yes the side rubber is an eBay job. Easy to fit, just use masking tape to make a line that's straight and the same both sides, clear paintwork with alcohol and stick,

For some strange reason though eBay calls the mk3 a mk5

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Had it on for for a few day now, I have worked my way up to race mode. Unfortunately the imode app is not out for iPhone yet, so I am having to pop for bonnet for now (spider said about 6 weeks it will be released). Also this is on my 1.0 ecoboost.

I have only done 1-2 journeys on Eco, F2, f4 and racemode and they were commutes so not really able to thrash it.

Eco - feels a bit "free-er" across the Rev range, but even though was my first journey, a definite mpg increase. (49 mpg driving into West London, would usually get 43-45).

F2 - seems to pull from a bit earlier, makes lazy driving easier (less gear changes) but doesn't really feel like performance affected too much.

F4 - pulls right from 2000-6000 how the car used to pull from 3500-5000. Probably my favourite setting for daily driving.

Racemode - This thing just wants to rev, didn't get too much of a chance to test going hard, but from my commute home seems to push harder across the Rev range in all gears! Just wants to climb to that redline as quick as possible!

Still thinking of doing a comparison.. If I remove it can I just put it back on or would I have to do the whole 5 miles under 4k then work up again?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Just push the little Calibration button by the S, like you did when first put on, that will reset it and sending it into learning

I'm upgrading to the bluetooth as well, but like you I'm iPhone based so waiting

Hehe told you you'd like race mode but I agree if I had the bluetooth version I may stick it in fast mode 4 most of the time as race mode is all about mid to red line power and torque which is great to drive without having to change gear anywhere near as much and when you want to put your foot down to the Max, however it's not as great in stop start rush hour traffic as there's less low down torque power to ride on. Fast road 2 has more balanced low to mid/high power and torque band which works more for that kind of drive.

No it's learnt your car now so you don't have to do any of the run in again, as soon as you remove the box your cars back to factory settings as soon as you put the box back on it's strait back to tuned to your last setting :)

Would be good to see comparisons :)

Great info madmole & SNC. Now I am checking the shipping cost to Malaysia. It stated free when I placed the order. Well, it doesn't make sense as this is an overseas shipping.

Just wondering whether the normal tuning box is still available? As my concern still the powershift gearbox, Max torque is 280nm. I will be very happy with 150hp and 240nm. Does the normal tuning box come with bluetooth? According to the website, there is only Performance box is available now.

Cheers.

There are instructions.

C for 2 seconds to calibrate and idle for 3-5 mins in ECO, then 30-50 miles in ECO and under 4000rpm to let it adjust, then slowly up the numbers

You wont regret it

S

• Like 1

I tried to do a comparison video but it was a lot harder than I thought.

1) damn cars/traffic getting in my way!

2) can't find a good way to mount my phone to record the speedo.

Great info madmole & SNC. Now I am checking the shipping cost to Malaysia. It stated free when I placed the order. Well, it doesn't make sense as this is an overseas shipping.

Just wondering whether the normal tuning box is still available? As my concern still the powershift gearbox, Max torque is 280nm. I will be very happy with 150hp and 240nm. Does the normal tuning box come with Bluetooth? According to the website, there is only Performance box is available now.

Cheers.

I'll see if I can get them to put the ecoboost engines up on the site for the normal Spider Box :)

Even though I use it on my car I already had the box from my other car and just needed the correct harness, so really you're the first person to ask for the normal Spider Box for a fiesta ecoboost so I don't think they've put it on.

Which ecoboost version have you got again, the 100 or 125? I remember they already shipped world wide as they told me they took the turbo boxes down as only hardcore car enthusiasts in Asia were buying them.

125hp, 170nm, powershift. The only model in Malaysia.

125hp, 170nm, powershift. The only model in Malaysia.

Probably the best all round model to have if it's the only one available, but lets make it better and faster :P

I've sent Spider a request to add them to the site, hopefully they'll do that today but I obviously can't guarantee it, if your in a rush or eager to not wait, it might be worth using the live chat to speak to them so they can tell you exactly how much it will cost in total to deliver, they can place the order for you so you recieve the correct box and harness (Remember to tell them you want to use the FOC30 for your 30% off). Or obviously you can wait till it's up on the site just remember they will class it as 200nm standard as the just put it with the added overboost, but it will be for you car as 170nm is when the overboost isn't in play.

Thanks alot SNC,

I have sent email to Amelia, regarding to the shipping cost and the normal tuning box availability. Let's wait and see.

Cheers.

Amelia is great, I believe she's in charge of the customer service and she's really nice at answering everything you need.

The prompt reply from Amelia.

"Tuningbox is not available for Ford Petrol engines, but you can set the Pack at a lower power setting as it is adjustable to get the power you want.

Tech told me running on Fast Road 2 will give you no more than 240Nm

Shipping is free by DHL"

I have added another questions, whether the Performance pack suits on Land Rover Defender 300tdi and how much for the hardness of Nissan Navara D40, 174ps, 403nm.

Well, I might be using the box on my fiesta and Navara once in awhile for fun.

Cheers.

That's weird I have the Tuning box currently on my fiesta and it works fine, maybe they have updated the standard tuning box with new technology since my 2 year old one which doesn't support the ecoboost engines where the performance pack does, I don't know.

It's nice to know that the performance pack can give you the no more than what you want at different settings but theres more there if you ever want it :D

Yeah mate, I didn't question on that. I trust Amelia will sort out the best for me.

• Like 1

What was the name of the App I can't find it in google play.

Colin

'Spider iMode' it should come up if you search for that

I dowloaded the App but still won't connect gives error 507

Well I just gave Admiral a call...apparently they don't cover anything which will increase the BHP by 26%. As the Spider box takes this over 30%, it looks like I won't be able to go for it! Gutted!!

Well I've had to jump to the last page of this thread from page 4. I have to ask where does this super dooper tuning box connect too? Don't get me wrong. I'm an advocate for tuning boxes but I am very sceptical about the Spider giving n extra 40 horse. 25 yes but 40? No way. As for better fuel economy to the level stated that is only because the ECU has been totally given duff information and is giving a false reading.

I ran a tuning box for over 7 years in a MG ZT diesel with great results mated to other mods. That was a simple engine but newer euro 5 engines are very difficult to tune. For the kind of money for a Spider a Bluefin or other OBD port access tuning device will be far superior.

Has anyone with this Spider box been to a rolling road? This is the Only way to see what gains have been gained.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club