Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Gearknob Insert

blue crush

Does anyone know where i can buy a 5speed silver gearknob insert for my mk2.5? Im bored with the black one on my zetec. Seen the RS one with blue graphic but it is 6speed only

Also seen custom carbon ones but ££!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Do not buy any silver ones listed on eBay as they are cheap and nasty.

I'll have a dig on Microcat for you later.

If you meant the ones from bulgaria selling for £9.99 on eBay.. Glad you said as i almost clicked the buy button lol

been looking for a nice gear knob myself but for some reason these things cost a fortune to buy

• Like 1

Agreed! They are stupidly expensive. Ive even considered a nice illuminated one but prices go from £80+

Thought cheaper option would be to keep the OEM one that is there but change insert

If you meant the ones from bulgaria selling for £9.99 on ebay.. Glad you said as i almost clicked the buy button lol

Yeah them.

They are cheap, rough and don't fit.

I got one a while ago and as soon as I saw it I knew it was crap.

It went right back the same day.

you see, that's what I mean, its a gear knob! I can pick up new tailgate for that kinda price. Illuminated or not, could get something bespoke made for that money

• Like 1

Outrageous prices ford want. How they expect them to sell though.

Stoney, if you could get me a finis code for the silver 5speed, that would be fantastic! I would rather pay for the genuine item than some fake eBay item.

I will dig up the code for you early morning.

Just got roped in for an overtime night shift I was hoping to avoid. :(

been looking for a nice gear knob myself but for some reason these things cost a fortune to buy

Totally agree Darren. I wouldn't mind replacing mine with a new one as mine is a bit worn and faded but looking around they are a fair few ££'s for all that they really are. If you come across any online at a decent price drop my a msg.

Thanks

I was in the same boat I hated the black one, my friend has a Fiesta and his is in Silver, like you say it looks like the ST/RS versions but in 5 Speed,

I got very lucky and got this 'Fiesta' Gear Knob off eBay for just £8, taken from a car but looked and felt Brand New,

the leather part has the same grain texture as the gaitor, not the smooth tacky surface on the black one.

I too initially looked at the Silver caps for £10, but I'd say try and get a proper Fiesta one off eBay, even if it is used.

IMAG0035.jpgIMAG0034.jpg

Also made a small video showing me swap it,

• Like 1

I also used to have an original 5-speed gear knob with the silver insert on my previous Focus MK2. I had the leather version which was originally used on the Fiesta MK7 Ghia.

DSC04031_zpsd4b70a83.jpg

DSC04032_zps95e53699.jpg

DSC04033_zpsa90fcebc.jpg

DSC04035_zps8c6ae582.jpg

The silver insert of this gear knob was also available as a seperate part for about €12,-. However Ford discontinued this type of gearknob with the silver insert some years ago. Both the complete gear knob and the silver insert are no longer available. Currently only the version with the black insert is still available. The version with silver insert is replaced by a much more expensive gear knob with aluminium insert which in my opinion is less attractive.

Some Ford dealers may still have the discontinued silver insert in stock.

Thanks guys for the links and photos. Now i know that fiesta mk7/8 have the silver ones i can do bigger search or ask at ford dealer.

Saw this one.. For something different lol

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221687024946&globalID=EBAY-GB

This one is nice but 6speed and heavily ££

http://www.rs-direct.co.uk/store/product.php?id_product=498

Great idea fellas

I would of never thought of looking for a fiesta one to replace the focus one. I take it they are all the same fittings ect or is there any particular years in the fiesta to look for?

Tend to be mainly on mk7 fiesta from 2008 on. Ive seen mondeo and cmax have them too but i have only found 6speed ones on eBay.

• Like 1

Tend to be mainly on mk7 fiesta from 2008 on. Ive seen mondeo and cmax have them too but i have only found 6speed ones on ebay.

Yep, mk7 Fiesta onwards.

Thanks fellas I will keep a look out at local scrappy and online to see what i come across :) , It will make a nice little mod.

Got mine today.. Off eBay from mk7 2010 fiesta.

Fits like a glove.. Flick out old black one and push in new silver one - simple as that. The fiesta knob was hard textured plastic and my current one was leather so left the leather one in.

Tempted to colour code the black edging to same colour as car as it was plain black instead of chrome like old one.

• Like 1