Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Get 2015 Titanium Hybrid - But Here's A Problem

yessuz

Hi Guys!

Recently it appeared that my company allows me to get the new car, and as result - I am looking for one.

As it is with the new cars - lower the CO2, less the BIK (Benefit in Kind) tax. So, I was quite surprised when saw, that the company which runs our fleet, offers 2015 Mondeo Hybrid in Saloon (sedan). Which results in quite low tax for a big and comfortable car. YAY!!! :)

Now, I am really looking forward to get one, but, I want to have a test drive/overview the car. And therefore I have few problems:

1) Our company basically allows you to have a car for testing over the weekend. But it limits up to 3 tests before making decision. So I have to chose wisely what to test for a longer time. If it is not what I expected or need - I have only two more test drives left...

2) I live in NW Leicestershire, and apparently, none of the dealers/garages around me have one at display or for test drive.

3) there's no point to test drive diesel or petrol, as they have different gear boxes and engines and overall experience is different.

So, I got the question: is there anyone in this forum in reasonable distance from me (LE65 post code) who:

a) knows a dealership which has such car to check

b) owns such hybrid and is willing to spend about half an hour of his precious time with me (during the weekend or work day, subject of arrangement (And I would be extremely flexible :D), by showing it and/or answering few questions?

Also - any other questions asked.

thank you for understanding, I hope this tread is in accordance the rules and looking forward to hear from you guys soon!

Hi there, sounds like your company is playing a blinder by offering the hybrid and I too would be interested in one for my next company car.

I think the problem here is that they are as rare as rocking horse doo doo.

I'm not sure if they are even on sale yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Well, I see it on the price list, therefore I believe they are on sale :)

But again, want to see one, as I have some concerns regarding the boot.

But Vingale's pics at Honest John review does not look that bad...

Yes they are on sale and this is a chap on forum with one already somewhere

I'm also in Leicestershire and had the same problem - although not after a Hybrid. I wanted to test a petrol/auto but the dealer only had a diesel/manual (which seemed to be one of the sales peoples daily commute!) Just hoping it's good now as I've ordered it! LOL

Can you tell me who's got one?!

Hi there,

I got one, a hybrid with x pack and I must say its a wonderful car... Miles better than the bmw 520d...

The only problem is I am in Surrey And hardly travel to Leicester

I posted a review on talk ford - http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/249570-two-weeks-on-and-the-story-so-far-my-review/

• Like 2

Just read the review. Nice write up. I've not commented on the site as I'm not a member there, but a good read. :)

I've got one as well. Got mine in March and have now done nearly 6k miles in her. Fantastic all round car.

My original comments are on this forum in the post called 2015 Ford Mondeo (page 5).

Mav, ironsrose,

Many thanks! Both have really nice reviews..

Went to local dealership, they got titanium x trimmed diesel version. Sat down in it, spent like half an hour looking at all stuff. More than expected!

Then we checked ford's stock - looks like only 5 (!!!) dealers in UK have hybrid available!

Looks like I will follow your path - will order mine without a proper test drive! :D

Only question now: dow I really need rear view camera and inflating rear seat belts :) and is really - magnetic is the best color :D

You're welcome mate. You won't be disappointed I can promise you that much. I'd never driven one or seen one in the flesh when I ordered mine, but figured I would only have it for 3 years so worst case scenario it would be 3 years of driving disappointment. Actually what I have found is it's by far the best car I've had to date and the small niggly issues are all well worth putting up with.

Like you mine is a company car, so I wanted to keep the overall value and BIK tax down as much as possible without sacrificing too many options. The X Pack, and front/rear parking sensors (the options I went for) are more than enough to make the car comfortable and easy to drive. The parking assist, rear seat belts, active city stop etc are all well and good but in my opinion they are options you can live without and still have a very high spec Mondeo sat on the drive way.

Colour wise it's always a personal choice, I absolutly love the frozen white and think it looks great on the car. The other colour I would go for personally would be the deep cherry red which I think looks equally as nice.

What ever you go for ultimately you won't be disappointed as I say 👍

• Like 2

haven't heard ANYTHING from my fleet management company yet regarding my test drive... and I placed order yesterday :D

Mondeo Hybrid Titanium X pack

Magnetic

Sony Audio system

Parking Asist

Rear view camera

inflating rear seat belts

:)

• Like 1

So, I got the question: is there anyone in this forum in reasonable distance from me (LE65 post code) who:

a) knows a dealership which has such car to check

Hi yessuz, Just been to my local dealer to take the wife's new Fiesta to have it's handbrake adjusted. Noticed they had a Mondeo Hybrid outside the showroom. Checked with the salesman and it's a demonstrator. It's a hatchback rather than sedan and it might be a bit too far away ( Congleton, South Cheshire ) but if you're still looking for a test drive give them a call http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/

Well, cheshire is a bit far... almost two hours one way...

But still an option! Many thanks!!!

However, hatchback!?!? Are you sure? As hybrids are sold as saloons only...

TBH I just checked the badges to make sure it was a Hybrid. I didn't realise they were only in sedan form. Having just checked the Ford website ( using the configurator ) the profile of the sedan/hatch isn't that different so you're right it was a sedan. ( must go to specsavers! ). Looking at Burns's website it's actually this car http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/used_ford.php?ID=9979

:) Checked on the website :D they state it's Manual, which is wrong, as they come with CVT gear boxes (thus auto) only. Only issue is to find some 5 1.5 hrs to go to Cheshire... or just wait for my car to be approved by finances and to be delivered (maybe even I'll get my test drive which I ordered... :D)

they state it's Manual, which is wrong, as they come with CVT gear boxes (thus auto) only.

Strange that, it's definitely this car http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/used_ford.php?ID=9979. I remember it was a 64plate and I can't see them having more than one hybrid 64 plate! . They had at least 3 new diesels though!

Edit: It also says 143ps which , according to Fords website is wrong , should be 187ps. Looks like Burns have the UK stock of Hybrid's :) according to the website they also have a new one in Ruby red http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/new_ford.php?ID=9866 , didn't see that though...

There's another one, new car available at the same garage :)

So they got used and new for sale. Used, obviously, available for test drive

Yes :D

They got used and new

Both - with wrong data.

How hard can it be...

Need to arrange my test drive!!! :)

P.s. Strange that they already got it for sale as used, with 3k miles only...

Yes , they do seem to have quite a few new vehicles in stock most of the time. For a relatively small garage ( not part of a large group ) they do have a pretty good stock. They have a good reputation locally and shift quite a few cars. Bought the wife's Fiesta, a 1.0 Eccobost Titanium from them back in April. Only really went to have a look but they had just the car she wanted, in Panther black, in stock and at a good discount.

P.s. Strange that they already got it for sale as used, with 3k miles only...

They'll have registered it and use it as a demonstrator, so it will be for sale as soon as anyone makes them a decent offer :)

Yes , they do seem to have quite a few new vehicles in stock most of the time. For a relatively small garage ( not part of a large group ) they do have a pretty good stock. They have a good reputation locally and shift quite a few cars. Bought the wife's Fiesta, a 1.0 Eccobost Titanium from them back in April. Only really went to have a look but they had just the car she wanted, in Panther black, in stock and at a good discount.

They'll have registered it and use it as a demonstrator, so it will be for sale as soon as anyone makes them a decent offer :)

already talked to sales guy.

planing my visit other there in one-two weeks :)

planing my visit other there in one-two weeks

Hope you find it useful. :mellow: BTW your 2 hours sounds a bit pessimisstic. From your previous posts you're in the LE65 ( Ashby? ) area. My daughter is in the Long Eaton area, going to hers takes me about 1:15, assuming it's off-peak times. From yours, it's across to the A50, onto the A500 at Stoke and then onto the A34 at Talke takes you to Congleton. Certainly at weekends I wouldn't have expected it to take more than 1:30...

Well yes, Ashby, ans yes, maybe it's 1,5 hrs... but I add some more mins for unexpected traffic jams :)

Yes, there are occasional problems on the A50 but off-peak I've never found in much of a problem. If you do come up the A34 to Congleton, look at turning right at Astbury village ( just before Congleton ), that will bring you into town down Canal street which is where the garage is. Means you can avoid the town centre completely, mind the narrow bridge over the canal though!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club