Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon Intervals For Focus?

frostman83

Bought my car two and half years ago.

It's 2010 and in the two and half years I had it it's not had an aircon service. Not sure the last owner did it so it might never have had one?

It doesnt blow as cold but should I still get it serviced to prevent future problems?

Got a anti bacterial and recharge for £32!

i think its recommended to get it recharged every 2 years, keeps it nice and lubed up, you should also use it at least once a month to keep the thing working and not drying up

£32 is very cheap for a clean + regas, i would go for it especially with the heatwave incoming

• Like 2

Nexus is right aircon services are to be done at 24 month intervals. Which should be a full vacuum, 1 hour clean and full regas which takes about 1.5hrs.

• Like 1

actually its every 3 years

Working in the motor trade 12 years and I've never known an aircon service interval being longer than 2yrs most are this but some are 18months.

its 3 on fords, does seem a bit too long. but thats when there done normally.

3 years from new then every 2 after that with a pollen filter change every 12 months

3 years from new then every 2 after that with a pollen filter change every 12 months

where do you get that info from?

Air conditioning Every 3 years - Check temperature at the evaporator outlet tube. Check air conditioning lines for damage and leaks (LTS 34 619 1)
  • Like 1

Strangely enough http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/air-conditioning

From the owners handbook

It I necessary to keep you're air conditioning functioning correctly and ensure it is in optimum condition therefore a service is recommended 3 years from the date of registration then every 2 years after that it is also necessary to have the cabin filter replaced annually

took my info from etis , thats what ford garages refer to as thats the most up to date info and is updated daily,

autodata also confirms the same interval

Given theres 2 different systems in use the standard pump which cycles on and off or the vss variable pump which doesn't and runs continuously IDE imagine theres different service recommendations for each even at 3 years the vss pump has plenty of gas left I do the cabin filter myself and an antibac clean as well once a year ford recommend replacing the drier experts dont so like all servicing its up to each person