Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Focus 1.6 Tdci Studio

silverback02

Hi All,

I'm looking at a motor on the "Bay" at the moment.

The seller states that it is in "LIMP HOME" mode and that Ford has said the codes state "Glow Plugs Relay".

Is it easy to change the Glow Plug Relay, and maybe the Glow Plugs themselves ?

and if so how would I go about it,

cheers in advance.

joe.

• Like 1

Hi welcome :)
someone will be along to help :)

• Like 2

Hi there,

Sorry, I know I've should have done an intro before asking for help.

I know it will already have been covered somewhere on your forums previously, but I couldn't find a search button to hunt for it. As soon as I find a link I will do the research np.

I think its going to be relatively easy IF he has given me good info.

Would that diagnostic give a "Limp Mode" function on it's own is what I'm realy worried about.

cheers,

Joe.

• Like 1

ask him for the codes then you can ask on here or Google them glow plug relay will as far as I know put the car into limp mode, I was told mine was glow plug relay but it was the egr valve

• Like 2

If the glow plugs have not been working properly, then either due to the relay or the actual glow plugs the car will have struggled to achieved DPF regenerations either partially of fully, so depending how long it has been like it then the DPF could be well blocked up, when mine had glow plugs it caused the "engine malfunction message" with the yellow light on and in limp mode not the red light.

• Like 1

2005 cars can have a DPF as far as I know, the 90BHP version doesn't but the 110BHP versions do for certain on the later euro 4 cars. Mine was registered early 06 and is a DPF variant so I imagine there could well be some earlier cars in 2005 with the DPF fitted.

As an example

1203.jpg

* Illustration shows model only

Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07, 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (110PS) - DV6, Moondust Silver (Metallic) VIN Number: Registration Number: RJ**FJX First Registration Date: 12.04.2005 Registration Country: GB

Primary Features Build Date: 29.01.2005 Vehicle Line: Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07 Body Style: 5 Door Saloon Version: Series 35 Engine: 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (110PS) - DV6 Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75 Drive: RHD FWD Emission: 2000 EEC (EEC 7) Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"GB" Paint: Moondust Silver (Metallic) Interior Fabric: Cubical / Dark Flint

Registered 12/04/05 no DPF

1203.jpg

* Illustration shows model only

Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07, 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (110PS) - DV6, Tonic (Metallic) VIN Number: Registration Number: AJ**GZW First Registration Date: 31.10.2005 Registration Country: GB

Primary Features Build Date: 18.10.2005 Vehicle Line: Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07 Body Style: 4 Door Estate Version: Series 35 Engine: 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (110PS) - DV6 Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75 Drive: RHD FWD Emission: Stage IV + DPF Emissions Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"GB" Paint: Tonic (Metallic) Interior Fabric: Cubical / Dark Flint

Registered 31/10/05 and it has a DPF fitted. Most likely thinking about it if the car was registered before September 2005 then t should not have a DPF October onwards then it should, as the euro rules would have come into force in Sept most likely.

I was referring to the 2005 1.6TDCi Studio, it didn't have DPF. My 2008 version of the same doesn't either.

• Like 1

Being a 2008 car then I assume it was a 90bhp as otherwise it would almost certainly have a DPF on that year with the 1.6tdci engine. As I understand it the 90bhp version scraped in under the emissions limit so did not need a dpf adding for the car to be clean enough.

You may well be right but even still I would not assume that a studio trim level would not have a dpf present.

I don't believe they did a 110 Studio.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club