Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus 2015 Sat Nav Fault

C_Davies

Hi

New to this Forums so apologise if this is not correct to put on here.

My Wife purchased the new shape Focus Zetec S with Sat Nav in May 2015, We noticed straight away that the display in front of the driver giving the directions for the sat nav is not in sync with the main Display

Mainly on roundabouts it will try and send you off the wrong turning and even down one way streets.

I contacted my Main Dealer by phone explaining the fault to which i was told that this is a known fault with some cars and waiting for an update could take a few weeks.

Well 4 weeks later i contacted them again but still no update, i contacted Head office who are also aware of the fault but again cant give me a time scale of when the update will be available.

We feel a little annoyed that the car was sold knowing that the Sat Nav has a known fault and when speaking to head office i get told 'No Comment' when i asked if its right that the car should of been sold to us and are they still selling the cars with the fault on them?

I wondered if anyone else has had the same problem as we have? Also if buying the same be aware of a known fault

Cheers

Chris

Moving to Focus club

Hi welcome :)

Hi Chris, mine is registered in may also, i'll go and check as i dont use the satnav..

The little screen behind the steering wheel work fine, all directions are spot on, keep onto ford not good fobing people off!

Hmm mine works fine

Hi Chris - that's a useful alert - thanks. I only picked my car up today, and the manual section on satnav is very brief.

I thought mine was fine until this morning mate.

I see what you mean, I put my work address in to test. I was required to take the third exit on the roundabout, the main navigation screen in the centre console was correct and instructed me right on the roundabout. However the small trip computer screen instructed me straight over the roundabout.

Hi KevP

Looks like you have the identical car to us, be interesting what they say to you when you contact the dealer.

Keep in touch

Cheers for reply

Chris

• 3 months later...

hi i have the same issue on a 15 plate focus titanium x

i had the replacement sd card which my dealer said would fix the issue but guess what it didn't so another booking to hook up to ford technicians who have said they don't know whats causing this issue this is now over 4 months in the year where i have not been able to use the sat nav (back to my Garmin) so today i called in to my dealer and asked if any update no still nothing so i have emailed the new CEO Andy barratt asking for his response because to me my car was sold with a known issue so therefore i believe it is not fit for purpose and am going to be contacting consumer direct for guidance if no reply from ford's CEO

my dealer say it is ford who can authorise a replacement unit but lets see what happens.

• 3 months later...

hi c_davies

the problem is still ongoing

my complaint is being dealt with by ford executive complaints but still no fix. they are now blaming the mapping from tom-tom,this seems a bit strange as my son has a tom-tomunit and can obtain the addresses my unit wont find or acknowledge,seems as though i am being fobbed off but i have told them i will not close my complaint until it is fully resolved.

will keep updating as and when anything develops

Same issue with my 2015 which I reported to Ford and then via the facebook page, they registered the complaint and spoke with them in person but still no reply !

There is a software update to fix lots of issues available now. Doesn't fix the 'reading cd' error though which appears incorrectly when no cd is present

9 hours ago, mockneyferguson said:

There is a software update to fix lots of issues available now. Doesn't fix the 'reading cd' error though which appears incorrectly when no cd is present

Is that a Ford garage jobbie ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club