Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Engine System Error (with Obdii Codes)

drucey

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Hopefully you can help me out.

My 08 Focus has been perfect. I drove to work fine this morning.

I came back this afternoon, started the car and the screen said

"REDUCED ACCELERATION"

followed by

"ENGINE SYSTEMS ERROR"

I plugged in an OBDII reader which I happened to randomly have in the car, and it came up with this:

ZImcOY0.png

What does this mean? I just drove it home, which was fine, just a delay before slow accelerating.Help! I rang a local Arnold Clark garage and they wanted £75 to plug it in themselves for their diagnostics! Am I screwed and have to go down this route? I'm only a student and can't afford much! Thank you!!

check the accelerator pedal connector, unplug it, replug back in. give it a try, proably the pedal at fault though. if you have a multimeter you can do a few voltage checks on the pedal sensor.

check the accelerator pedal connector, unplug it, replug back in. give it a try, proably the pedal at fault though. if you have a multimeter you can do a few voltage checks on the pedal sensor.

Thanks Ian, much appreciated.

Where would one find the accelerator pedal connector?

edit - found connector. Unplugged and replugged. No good. Thanks anyway

attacthed to the "go" pedal. ha ha . on the throttle/accelerator pedal in the footwell , get you head down and have a look.for the connector, should have 6 wire on it i think

Haha now you're speaking my language! found connector. Unplugged and replugged. No good. Thanks anyway

either voltmeter to confirm pedal or scrap yard and get s/hand pedal, only couple of nuts or bolts to take off and swap

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club