Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This A Faulty Start Motor 2007 1.8 Tdci Mk4

brumgav

Hi,

I've had this issue for a while now, probably since before Christmas last year, in the winter it really struggled to start, after turning the key the starter would turn the engine over but it would turn over slower and slower but sometimes it would suddenly really pick up pace and fire the engine up.

I replaced the battery and it seemed to go away I've been using the car less anyway. Now what I'm finding is still get the slow-ish turnover but also after a drive and the engine is hot/warm when i try to restart the engine just coughs and spluts and rattles and shakes then cuts out, does it a few times but then fires up fine.

Here is a video of it happening;

https://youtu.be/WkYW0JdpYBU

I've read various other posts on forums and there seems all sorts of stories some ending with replacing the starter motor and some relating to DMF.

My DMF was replaced about 50,000 miles ago (at 81k, I'm now on 127k) so dont suspect it of being that, so I've ordered a new starter motor.

Do you guys think it could be starter motor?

And also, does anyone have instructions on how to replace starter motor, its a mk4 2007 ('57 plate) 1.8 TDCi estate.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Gavin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club