Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta St

muzy1j2

hey everyone,

I currently own a 2001 fiesta Ghia and planning on upgrading to mk6 fiesta ST in about a month. I have been doing research and starting to get confused. can anyone tell what I need to look for if I am looking at buying a 2006.5 (think its the facelift version)?

hope you guys can help

Moving to fiesta club. If you have a look, there's a few threads talking about this topic too

• Like 1

I bought a mk6.5 Fiesta ST back in March with 64,000 miles on the clock. Look for the same sort of things you would look for on any used car. Faulty pollen filters can leak across the whole mk6 fiesta range, so check for damp in the footwells. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head but do a Google search for a review from whatcar magazine or similar.

Also being a performance model, check for any signs that it's been thrashed or if it's led a hard life. Although saying that, performance cars are usually driven by people who see cars a hobby and so they look after them very well, regular services, matching tyres all round etc. Avoid modified examples, if buying from a dealer, ask for new mot and service.

Hope I've helped in some way, I love my Fiesta ST although I don't love the fuel consumption.

mine top tips are all the panels and paint are the same colour / and the have not got bad kerbing on them

Have a look inside the engine bay and see if you can see any parts with white writing or similar on it as it may have been replaced. If so may have been in an accident. Have a look over alloy wheels for any marks or kerbing, and also what's said above about checking the body panels all match up if they don't quite match they may have had a repair done. Also check done the car for any dents of scratches, check tyres to see how much tread they have left and if you can see the brakes have a look at them cause if you need to spend some money on it that means you can probably get money of or if it's a dealer get them to do it before you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys

thanks for all your help and I have found one and picking it up on Thursday. 2007 with 65000 miles. only thing is it doesn't have the owners manual or radio manual but have viewed it and it does have the service history with it. I have been looking on eBay and found a few owners manual not sure which one I should be looking before. I am currently watching one that is for a fiesta st printed on june 2007 is this the right one?

Make sure you run your fingers along the edges of all the bodywork; you might discover one has perhaps been reshaped slightly during a repair or something. When I went looking for Fiestas last year, I found one with a door that didn't seem to line up quite perfectly with the rest of the bodywork. The dealership told me there were no repairs detailed anywhere in its history and that it "came out of the factory as it is". I know that's pretty much a load of rubbish as every other Fiesta I looked at afterwards, unsurprisingly, had perfect fitting doors!

So yes, run your fingers along all of the gaps, grooves, etc and check for anything that doesn't match up.

• Like 1

LOL, remove the spare wheel and check the wheel well. . . Mine was basically rusted in my MK6. How the wheel never fell through I don't know

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club