Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2012 (61) - Best Stereo Alternative

Raz123

Hey Guys :)

Although I can't complain about my Sony Stereo System (standard) in my Mondeo, however was thinking of changing the unit for a sat nav model. The thing I wanted to ask was has anyone here changed theirs yet? And what did you change it to?

I am happy with mine because it got both a USB port in the glove box and I can connect my phone via bluetooth.

If I install a new stereo would I be firstly be able to use the current USB? And also use the current mic that comes with bluetooth? Also would the display work and controls work as well?

Lee me know what you guys think and what is best suited for a Mondeo.

Thanks as usual :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you go down the after-market route, Convers+ will only display the basic car data such as mileage. You will loose track/radio info. I imagine an after-market head-unit will also come with it's own USB port which will be the one you have to use as I doubt the factory fitted one will continue working. With the correct wiring harness, your stalk controls should still work.

I fitted the Ford (Blaupunkt) NX unit which is the one fitted to the car in the factory. This works with my USB and also displays all the info in the Convers+ display. It required some configuration of the software in the car but that takes about 5 minutes.

Hi Sparky,

I currently have this

post-45987-143605251798_thumb.jpg

But want to change to this

post-45987-143605258845_thumb.jpg

Is it possible?

Worried about the heating dials as they are different.

Yes it's possible, I've done it myself a couple of months ago.

You will need to source; the NX head unit (preferably with the climate control module included), the cage to mount it in, a new fascia for the dashboard and a GPS mouse antenna (I managed to get one of these of eBay for less than a tenner). You will also need a copy of ELMConfig and an ELM cable (with the switch) to configure the modules so that your car knows you have the sat navy unit.

That's great news it's possible.

Now I need to find all the parts.

Any chance you can list all the parts I need then I can search for them.

Also would you be able to help with a guide on how to configure the modules?

Lastly is there anyway of downloading maps onto a cd for sat nav rather than paying £ for it?

That's great news it's possible.

Now I need to find all the parts.

Any chance you can list all the parts I need then I can search for them.

Also would you be able to help with a guide on how to configure the modules?

Lastly is there anyway of downloading maps onto a cd for sat nav rather than paying £ for it?

I'll see what I can do in the morning.

Ok, parts you will need;

You may also need a new fascia surround for the NX unit. It depends what you get with the unit you buy. I bought mine second hand from a forum so mine came with the fascia and cage.

I would also recommend getting a dashboard removal kit which you can get for a few quid on eBay. Makes removing the dashboard pieces a breeze and less chance of damaging/scratching anything.

Post back on here when you've got the gear and are going to fit it and I'll put something up for the configuration side.

I've got the touchscreen satnav unit in mine and to be honest I think the sound quality is rubbish.

My last car, an Audi A3 black edition had the Bose system and that was fantastic. The ford/blaupunkt unit are not in the same league.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

That could have been down to the Speakers just as much as the head unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club