Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Hi Guys Don't Know What This Is If Its Bullying Or Something Else

Marks12

Ok so I work as a security officer and a week before I was due to take my 2 week holiday I got a call to go to head office. I had been told it was to do with my roster so I asked my senior supervisor did he know anything about it he said he heard it was because of my sick days... So he went through all my sick days from the time I started till now I have been here for almost 3 years my first year I had 3 and a half sick days second I had 9 5 of which was covered by a doctors note 2 where sick days and the other 2 was because my fiance had given birth. So from January 2015 I have had only 3 sick days. He looked up other staff members records and revealed that there are members some with several sick days this year alone and its only 6 months in one even had 10. But yet I was the only one asked to go to head office to explain why I was sick all them times.....

So onto my second problem. 2 weeks before my holidays I had emailed the roster manager to ask him to put my holidays up on the online roster. He did this it was the 1st of June till the 14th how ever on the 11th of June my senior supervisor rang me to ask me to do a shift which I did not mind because he has always done me favors I checked my roster and had noticed that from the 12th to the 14th wasn't roster as holidays. Any way they had rostered me in for the 12th but I did not see this because I did not check my roster and I went down the country for that night I got a phone call from the site I was supposed to be working on that night I explained to him then I got a phone call from a site I used to work on. So I had to ring my senior supervisor and he had said when he looked at my roster he hadn't seen any shift for the 12th on it so it was put up that day. I then got a call from my manager who yelled to say the least down the phone at me to which my reply through the whole argument was I'm on holidays. Even though I told the manager I was on holidays he was having none of it even though he had rang my senior supervisor whilst I was talking to my senior supervisor who had explained the what happened to the manager he still got on the phone to me and ate my head off

I don't know if its intentional bullying or if theyre just being pr**ks

I would say just being picks tbh

• Like 1

Always worth emailing holiday requests and asking for approval via email. That way you have proof of them all. I always keep an email chain in my ling of work.

I think they are just being P***ks!!

• Like 1

I always email my requests as well as booking them in, but I think they are just being a special kind of fist...

looks like the manager ballsed up and needed someone to blame and rant at which sadly was you. if your not happy about being spoken to like that then speak to your HR department as it is classed as bullying/harassment.

• Like 1

you took 2 days off for the birth of your child,thats not sick days thats called paternity leave and you should've taken 2 weeks.

sounds like you need to get a few leaflets from the job center/C.A.B on employees rights.once armed with these then you are forearmed on when they act like a bunch of !Removed! then watch them squirm.

do you get paid for sick leave?could understand it to a point that there keeping an eye on it in general so it doesnt get totally abused.

Edited by Stoney871
bypassing swear filter
  • Like 2

you took 2 days off for the birth of your child,thats not sick days thats called paternity leave and you should've taken 2 weeks.

sounds like you need to get a few leaflets from the job center/C.A.B on employees rights.once armed with these then you are forearmed on when they act like a bunch of !Removed! then watch them squirm.

do you get paid for sick leave?could understand it to a point that there keeping an eye on it in general so it doesnt get totally abused.

I took 2 weeks off for the birth as my gf was due the 6th of jan was supposed to be off from the 2nd to the 17th but I had to take them as holidays not paternity leave as its not the law over here in Ireland that employers have to give fathers 2 weeks paternity leave and your right the 3 days which I took off because the misses came early were paternity leave and I argued that too them and they don't care they said they were down as sick days.

On a good note found out that the operations manager who I had to speak to about this ate the head of the supervisor who sent me. Not literally though

Bad note found out I was switched site because apparently they don't like it when a employee speaks up for themselves

No paid sick leave I wish we had I might actually pull sickies then lol

We haven't even got night allowance and our Sunday premium was cut in half

I always email my requests as well as booking them in, but I think they are just being a special kind of fist...

I did email them haha I emailed rostering aswell to make sure they out them on my roster two times the second time was cause they screwed up and put me down to the 11th but that was rectified until the 11th actually came hah

Sounds like it's time for a career change fella. I this the words "couldn't, knees up, brewery" come to mind.

Look up bullying in the workplace on Google, it'll bring up sites explaining what companies can & can't do as bullying is now an offence. You'll also find out what you can do to combat it. First steps would be going to a CAB and asking for advice. We've one of these bully's in our place who tries to intimidate people into working extra hours they don't want to and if you stand up to him he backs down and walks off in a sulk!

Sounds like it's time for a career change fella. I this the words "couldn't, knees up, brewery" come to mind.

I am actively looking for other jobs but most of what is out there is retail security and I won't go back to that haha also looking to do an IT course or something to swap careers and getting out of security.....

Look up bullying in the workplace on Google, it'll bring up sites explaining what companies can & can't do as bullying is now an offence. You'll also find out what you can do to combat it. First steps would be going to a CAB and asking for advice. We've one of these bully's in our place who tries to intimidate people into working extra hours they don't want to and if you stand up to him he backs down and walks off in a sulk!

Haha I wish they would sulk in my company but not the case you stand up for your self here and you will find yourself on a new site in the next week ha not sure about cab offices here in Ireland prob the same the as the citizens information offices but I'll have a look thanks Russ

Define change career, sounds like they are a bunch of plebs... Changing career can be rewarding, I went from being a chef to being an it admin and now I'm managing issues for chip and pin machines...

Define change career, sounds like they are a bunch of plebs... Changing career can be rewarding, I went from being a chef to being an it admin and now I'm managing issues for chip and pin machines...

I wish it was that easy here I would pay for the course and there is still no guarantee that I'd even get a job afterwards but it is worth a shot

I have no it qualifications formally. I went in for a junior it admin role and on from there.

Unfortunately doesn't work that way here they will only hire you if u av qualifications

So I called sick today called the rostering department and told them I was sick and I am he said I'm sorry but I'm already dealing with 4 sick calls from people working the same contract and there's nothing I can do cause I simply don't av the the people to cover u could always ring lads that are off and see if they could come in tonight or the best I cud do is give u half de shift...

My response was simple I am in no fit state to go in tonight haha

I'd be careful you don't burn bridges. Granted it all sounds like you're in the right, but its worth gritting teeth sometimes.

yeah but if you physically cannot do something, then you cant be expected to be forced into a situation to work in those conditions!

Sorry, my reply was to the whole situation, not the last part, you're right there James!!! I've had a dose of the trots in the past and been told to come in to work, I told them I was phoning them from my toilet and if they didn't mind paying me sit on the toilet all day then I'd gladly come in..

• Like 2

Update to the above received a letter from company asking me to fill it in and explain why I missed a shift haven't done so yet as its in my mams as they still think I live there hah I'll see it tomorrow anyway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club