Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help

Sabrina

Apologies if I am not posting a new topic in the correct way, but I am new to the forum

I bought a 2009 Ford Focus Titanium 3 weeks ago, only done 47,000 miles. Anyway first couple of weeks everything was fine. Then last week was at the traffic lights, I went to move and the car died. Managed to get a jump as I assumed the battery was knackered. All fine again, next day drove to station to go work. Got back to the car around 7pm, went to start it. It started for 2 secs and then died. Got my mate to give me a jump, but that didnt work. Had to wait for the recovery guy to come a couple hours later. Low and behold it started. So I though right Ill park it at mechanics so I could drive/push it in first thing. Just as I was about to drive off it died. So recovery guy dropped me to where I needed to go

Have now taken to the mechanics and they did a diagnostics. 2 codes have come up

P0628 Fuel Pump Control

B1601 Passive anti theft

I have been advised to get my key reprogrammed as the mechanic thinks the chip is loose. Hence why the car starts, but as the chip comes lose the engine shuts off. He said that something came up saying the System received the incorrect key

So tomorrow I am getting another key programmed to see if this rectifies the issue. Im just concerned that if this doesnt work. Not feeling comfortable driving the car around as I also have a 2 year old daughter

Just want to know if anybody else has had or heard of this issue and what you did or can advise what to do

Please help, at the moment Im on public transport, trying to commute into work on a bus isnt fun

Welcome to the forum

B1601 is definitely a key programming problem

P0628 is saying that the fuel pump isn't working correctly. (This is probably related to the above)

B1601 Definition :

At some time since last clear a (PATS) key used was not programmed for the module.

P0628 Definition :

Fuel lift pump circuit open or short - Faulty fuel lift pump The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: - Engine Light ON (or service Engine Soon Warning Light)

• Like 1

Thanks

so reprogramming the key should hopefully rectify this problem?

• Like 1

Thanks

so reprogramming the key should hopefully rectify this problem?

I think so, Not 100% guarantee but it should

• Like 1

Welcome to the site Sabrina, i hope you get the information you need to sort the problems out.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club