Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sierra Est 2.3d 1987 Mk2 Type Bng Engine Yt

Happy

good day gentlemen. I need help finding the correct oil seal before we strip the gear box out. I have only had the car for 28 years and she has just started to drop engine oil from the bell housing. It seems that the seal may have change in 86/87 from a two part seal to a ring type. The engine if I am correct is based on the Peugoet 501 but data seems to be hard to find, the only other option is to take her back under warrenty!

I am not sure of the answer, maybe get one of each type and return the wrong one afterwards? Because you can guarantee that whichever you get will be the wrong one.

Kudos on the car. I'd love to see the face of a main dealer if you took it back under warranty!

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Thanks for the reply. Trying to find either part number is proving hard, if I could find both I woulds get a stock in so in another 28 years I would have it on the self. I will let you know which main dealer I go to!!! H