Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Privilege Offer

NathJ

I'm looking to renew my car soon and for anyone that is lucky enough to use the Ford Privilege Scheme (like me!) then you may be surprised to know that there have been a few changes, but I would just like to clarify some things if anyone can help me out.

I have attached the new pdf document that is on the Ford website about the scheme and its changes to this post.

I am now very interested in going for a new fiesta ST, even though the discount on them has been reduced from around £1700 (I believe) to £1250. As with the new scheme you can get metallic paint free.

Now this is the part I want to clarify, with the privilege offer it says that you get 20% off RRP on Factory Fit Options. To you does this mean any option that you would like to add onto the car that is not as standard can be applied to this discount?

PS - I know it states that it is valid until 30th June, but I think it is still ongoing.

Cheers

Ford Privilege - Valid from 1st April to 30th June 2015.pdf

I just ordered a focus st and yeah its 20% off the price of each optional extra you add.

Also remember if you get molten orange you will have to pay the difference between cost of metallic paint and the cost of the molten orange paint.

I just ordered a focus st and yeah its 20% off the price of each optional extra you add.

Also remember if you get molten orange you will have to pay the difference between cost of metallic paint and the cost of the molten orange paint.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I see what you mean with the paint now. So realistically with this current offer in place I can get free paint bar the molten orange. So I'd have to pay the difference after the metallic paint value which I believe is up to £495, and the molten orange option is £725. If I then wanted the molten orange it would be an extra £250. You don't have to say it, my maths is unbelievable haha.

Now I'm calculating what the repayments would be with the PCP ford privilege, this may take a while but I'll get there.

Thanks again.

Yeah that's it. So basically your no worse off really in the end since the amount the discount is reduced is the amount your getting discounted on the paint. (Assuming you were always going to get metallic paint).

Remember the dealers can give bigger discounts on top to make a sale. I ended up getting £1700 priv discount, 20% off options, plus deposit contribution and an additional £2500 to get the monthly costs down to my budget.

Dont forget you can still buy through a broker site using your Privelege voucher to get the cheapest deal. There is normally a Ford contribution discount if financing the car through Ford too. I found Car Wow to be the best broker as they only contact you by email with the dealerships best offers. Other sites like Orangewheels wanted your phone number.

Yeah that's it. So basically your no worse off really in the end since the amount the discount is reduced is the amount your getting discounted on the paint. (Assuming you were always going to get metallic paint).

Remember the dealers can give bigger discounts on top to make a sale. I ended up getting £1700 priv discount, 20% off options, plus deposit contribution and an additional £2500 to get the monthly costs down to my budget.

Yeah I see what you mean. It's probably that they need to shift some stock of the metallic colours but.

Oh really! That's good then. What type of dealer contribution did you have on the focus? And was the £2500 your cash deposit?

Dont forget you can still buy through a broker site using your Privelege voucher to get the cheapest deal. There is normally a Ford contribution discount if financing the car through Ford too. I found Car Wow to be the best broker as they only contact you by email with the dealerships best offers. Other sites like Orangewheels wanted your phone number.

That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment. Getting some quotes together from DTD, Carwow etc, what I normally try and do is then take these quotes to my local dealer which are pretty good at matching to be fair so far but we shall see. Do you happen to know what type of contribution goes towards a fiesta ST or does it completely depend on the circumstances?

Also guys, I just wanted to check that when I'm making all these quotes etc would I be able to take this into the dealer fore say today and make an order for an ST for it to be delivered on or just after the time I am required to keep my current one? If you don't know what I mean then with privilege you are required to keep the car for at least 9 months before changing it.

PS - I love my current car by all means! But I'm just eager to get into an ST.

• Like 1

Still on going at the moment :)

• Like 1

Oh really! That's good then. What type of dealer contribution did you have on the focus? And was the £2500 your cash deposit?

Think it was only £500 contribution. And nope I put in £700 to make up the negative equity in my current car and they just knocked off an additional £2500 to get the monthly cost down to what i wanted.

• Like 1

Think it was only £500 contribution. And nope I put in £700 to make up the negative equity in my current car and they just knocked off an additional £2500 to get the monthly cost down to what i wanted.

That sounds like a good deal for you! I am seriously looking around for what I can get as I am eager to get one but know what type of price a want to pay, so I don't want to rush into it and get tied into a deal that I'm not entirely happy with.

Also, does anyone know how the GMFV is calculated. I mean I know it is done on the individual circumstances of the car such length of agreement and the mileage. But would a GMFV of around 70% of the cars value be 'normal' for a 24 month options term with 6k mileage?

• Like 1

It's a pretty good deal but I've seen others manage to get slightly better by doing what your doing (going to brokers like car wow and getting local dealer to match/beat). This is what I'll do next year when I swap again.

Not sure about the gmfv, it just is what it is.

• Like 1

I wish I was aware of the car brokers sooner! But at least I know now, as you can get some great deals.

I have used the privilege scheme on the last two fiestas but I would just like to clear something up since I would like to jump to an ST.

With Ford Privilege you are required to keep the car for at least 9 months, now after this 9 months would I be able to sell the car privately or is this solely if you want to change the car? Or do I still need to wait for my contract to lapse which would be a 24 month contract?

I ask this as I haven't experienced selling the car etc, as I normally just renew after 9 months for a new car.

• Like 1

Not sure. In theory it shouldn't be a problem since your account with ford could just be settled. Although someone buying is likely to hpi check which at the time will obviously show outstanding finance.

There could be terms in the agreement that say you can't do this though so best to ask a dealer or ford directly.

If your anything like me, you'll just want even more power after 9 months anyway and end up swapping for a focus st :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Sorry for bumping an old thread!

From reading this it seems possible to go to a broker (carwow, dtd) get the best quote and then use the Ford Privilege discount on top. Is this correct?

However, dtd small print states this Please note that Privilege and Ambassador Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with the quoted discounted prices.

Thanks,

Ryan

You should be applauded for using the search function Ryan!

It does state that yes, but I'm sure some members have been able to apply the voucher with this deal. I could be wrong though, but it's always worth a try if you are ordering through them anyway.

From the information I got, if they have ordered it through fleet then there is no way of applying it. But if you are lucky and then they manage to get it straight from a dealer then you could possible discuss it directly with the dealer.

I've ended up ordering an ST3 through a local dealer anyway since they were only off the DtD price by couple of hundred.

• Like 1

Cheers Nath!

Well i'll see what the dealer themselves say when i've got some wquotes in.

I was going to take it to my local dealers however i've already had several different quotes from the 3 local ones and they know i have a privilege voucher. I thought this might make them unwilling to give me a good discount...

Ta,

Ryan

Cheers Nath!

Well i'll see what the dealer themselves say when i've got some wquotes in.

I was going to take it to my local dealers however i've already had several different quotes from the 3 local ones and they know i have a privilege voucher. I thought this might make them unwilling to give me a good discount...

Ta,

Ryan

I think that's the way most people do it. Get some quotes from DTD etc and take them to local dealers to match/beat then add the privilege discount to it.

• Like 1

I think that's the way most people do it. Get some quotes from DTD etc and take them to local dealers to match/beat then add the privilege discount to it.

Ah right.

I've had two quotes come through from carwow already and asked them to do it with Ford Privi too, they seem happy to do that. However, they're not as good as what i've already managed to get locally....

Either i'm a good negotiator or i've just been unlucky with my quotes so far...

Do not mention anything about your priv voucher until you have squeezed the best deal out of them first, otherwise they will take advantage of that.

• Like 1

Do not mention anything about your priv voucher until you have squeezed the best deal out of them first, otherwise they will take advantage of that.

Yeah i thought this would be the best way to go.

It's difficult for me to judge whether it's a good deal or not as i have nothing to compare with apart from online quotes. Best deal i've had quoted for a new Titanium 1.0 ecoboost 5dr is £160 x 36 months and 170 deposit. It sounds good to me but i would like it knock it down a bit further.

• Like 1

That's not a bad price at all for that car!

Yeah, it seems that it can't be beaten! I'm going over Saturday to sign for it however the dealer hasn't put the offer down in writing which is making me somewhat concerned that'll try and back track...

Yeah, it seems that it can't be beaten! I'm going over Saturday to sign for it however the dealer hasn't put the offer down in writing which is making me somewhat concerned that'll try and back track...

How'd it go at the dealers?

I'm pretty sure my sister is paying close to what you've been quoted for a 1.25 Zetec so a !Removed! good price you got there if they've stuck to it.

• Like 1

How'd it go at the dealers?

I'm pretty sure my sister is paying close to what you've been quoted for a 1.25 Zetec so a !Removed! good price you got there if they've stuck to it.

As predicted there was some backtracking once i was there in person. They did it for £170 desposit and £165 p/m for a Titanium 5dr 1.0 ecoboost 100PS with metallic paint, they also added in the convenience pack as it is on offer at the moment for Titaniums.

Although it went up slightly I'm happy with the deal i got. Should be arriving in 2/3 weeks :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club