Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4lx 2003 - Eac Fail

Rachel_89

I've been getting an intermittent EAC fail from my Fiesta for the past 2 years. After reading numerous forums and googling the issue it seems that nobody is any closer to working out what the issue is and I'm pretty much ready to drive the thing off a cliff! I've gone a few months without the EAC warning flashing up and the car losing power, then a couple of weeks ago the speedo dropped to zero whilst I was driving...then yesterday I was driving along and the EAC fail popped up again and the car lost power. Today I was pulling out of the car park at work and the EAC fail flashed up again, I turned the ignition off and on again a few times, which normally resets it, but the message kept coming up. The engine light came on shortly after and remained on after turning the engine on and off again a few times! Does anybody have any ideas what the issue could be? The car is only worth about £800 if that, so I don't want to keep pouring money into it :(

throttle body normally the issue , but also the connections to throttle body and ecu connections,

• 2 weeks later...

This has been covered a few times on the forum, it can be anything from a small pipe which has collapsed