Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Storage Device For Music - Sync2?

Gezzs

Hi All.

I'm patiently waiting for my 2015 Mondeo Titanium to arrive and am passing the days reading the brochure/owners manual/etc (sad I know!). I am interested to hear opinions on the best storage device for music to use with Sync2.

I currently have an 80Gb iPod classic which I use via AUX in my current Mondy ST (no Sync). I know that the new Mondeo has USB connection so I'm considering an external HDD or even a decent size memory stick.

I really want to use the voice control so Sync will need to be able to index the tracks and would like the album artwork to display if possible.

Any views/opinions?

Thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

You can still use your Ipod, but connect it via USB. Sync will index the same way the Ipod does locally. I'm not sure on cover art on Sync 2, though. If it works, this would be the way to do it, if it doesn't, then you need to wait for the next car (with yet a newer version of Sync).

If you don't want to use your Ipod, any thumb drive will do - it only needs to be formatted in FAT32 (not NTFS), and your ID3 tags need to in order - because that's what Sync uses for indexing. No need to Shell out for USB3 (at least for the in-car use), though it may be more convenient when copying to the drive.

• Like 1

Thanks. I was a bit wary of leaving an iPod connected as it would constantly charge the battery. I can get a 64mb USB stick for a few quid which would hold more than half my entire MP3 collection :)

USB power will turn off with the radio, i.e., when you open any front door.

I use a 32gig Sandisk Cruzer Blade and it works perfectly with Sync 2.

Album art will show up on the screen.

When you initially plug in a USB device Sync 2 will index the files and generate suitable voice commands relevant to the files, this can take a while depending on how many files you have.

The system also supports Gracenote so file organisation is simple.

You can also use Spotify via bluetooth from a phone too.

I'm using a 64GB one of these:

http://www.sandisk.co.uk/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/

Sync is really fussy about mp3 tags, I have had to use media monkey to clean and re-program my mp3s to ensure Sync sees them.

Unlike the pre-sync system which just found the files, if Sync doesn't like the id tags, it just won't show up anywhere to play.

I find that Sync shows my files in a random order and plays whatever the hell it wants until indexing is completed.

I'm quite happy to sit at my PC making sure that each album is numbered in track order so that the car doesn't try playing them alphabetically.

Thanks all for the replies. I've ordered a Kingston Digital 64GB Micro USB 2.0 DataTraveler. Will see how it gets on...if not I have the iPod as a 2nd option.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club