Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 3 Sept '14 1.6 - Repeated Orange Engine Warning Lights

Msmoby

Desperate for help from UK Ford owners..

I am in Russia and my girlfriend owns the car.

She keeps having the visit the Garage and they are now charging to extinguish the orange light - saying she is buying 'bad petrol'

She is buying the recommended fuel.

Could this be true - or is it a common fault ?

Car drives fine

I am now IN Russia and ready to go to the garage to ask why a car under warranty - needs to have paid work done.

Is my g/f being 'diddled' and treated as if she is a dumb blonde ? )))

Which '' orange '' light illuminates ?

That's the E.M.L. - it could be one of many things - have you put a code reader on the car to ascertain the fault ? if not that's the next step.

looks like they are taking the mickey mate. there is such thing as bad petrol. some cars may not like a cheaper branded fuel but then again some cars dont like the more expensive fuel either.

i'd go the garage and demand answers as to why she is treated like a dumb blonde and what is causing the issues - fault code needs to be read..

Thanks for the responses

I am aware it is the eml and we bought a new car - so we don't have a diagnostic tool - the idea being trouble free motoring or a back up ;)

We are in Sochi, Russia and buying stuff off eBay isn't a matter of waiting a few days.. :angry:

I was hoping there'd be a known issue - as may be - being Russia - some 'bandit' petrol stations are messing with fuel..but I find that unlikely in a large city and most fuel comes from the same refinery...or am I being naive ?

You need the fault code(s)

Take it to a Ford dealer for a diagnostic check as the car is in warranty.

If the fuel is dodgy I doubt the car would run fine as you state.

You need the fault code(s)

Take it to a Ford dealer for a diagnostic check as the car is in warranty.

That is the problem

We have and they charge us for an hours labour to 'reset' and say it is NOT a warranty issue... I simply do not know if they are trust worthy

It's not so much resetting - it's fault diagnosis you need - i.e. why is the E.M.L. illuminating ? - resetting / extinguishing the E.M.L. takes about 5 minutes with an O.B.D. 2 hand held unit - probably less with Ford garage kit.

• Like 1

wow, they really like taking the mickey dont they. £10 per hour to reset the light.

if you have a smart phone you can download a free app called torque and get yourself a bluetooth obd2 adapter and do some fault finding yourself!

could you not try another ford dealership to see if they are any better?

As above- a bluetooth elm 327 adaptor and the Torque app will read and reset any codes stored in the memory.

I personally use Torque Pro as it appears to dig a bit deeper for codes and also offers more real-time data on fuel pressure, engine operations etc.

Once again, thanks for the helpful responses

Any chance of links to buying such kit, so it an be ready for us back in the UK...!?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club