Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford focus titanium and Ipod

alcock

hi, iam turning 17 soon and will be driving my mum's ford focus titanium 1.8 the new 2008 model and being 17 i like music but the thing is the audio jack is in the glove box and what a stupid idea that is. What i want to do is run a wire from the glove box and out through the air condition vents under the window is this possible ?

or is there audio components (red and white connection) on the back on the stereo if so how do i get the stereo out.

I want to but my ipod classic in a holder that stinks on the windows like a tomtom so i can just change the song easy but without some daft wire trailling across the car.

So is it possible to bring a wire through the air vents from the glove box jack or the components on the back of the stereo many thanks :)

Welcome to FOC.

Is it just a 3.5mm jack in the glovebox? If so, you're right, that's really stupid. If it's full iPod jack then it's not so stupid, because you should have full control of the iPod through the stereo and it should show track info - rather like the new Fiesta does.

The thinking for it being in the glovebox is so you don't have to hide the iPod every time you get out of the car - anyway, beside the point really, sorry :lol:

I wouldn't go through the vents - I'd drill out the side of the glovebox on the passenger door side, then neatly run the wire neatly up the door trim, to the front screen and right the way across to where you need it.

Welcome to FOC.

Is it just a 3.5mm jack in the glovebox? If so, you're right, that's really stupid. If it's full iPod jack then it's not so stupid, because you should have full control of the iPod through the stereo and it should show track info - rather like the new Fiesta does.

The thinking for it being in the glovebox is so you don't have to hide the iPod every time you get out of the car - anyway, beside the point really, sorry :lol:

I wouldn't go through the vents - I'd drill out the side of the glovebox on the passenger door side, then neatly run the wire neatly up the door trim, to the front screen and right the way across to where you need it.

yep its just the normal 3.5mm aux jack otherwise id be over the moon with a usb because i could then control it all by the stereo and not have to by the ipod.

yep that is a good idea so you dont have to hide it all the time but you cant skip track with out leaning over or having a long wire through the car lol :) so i was wondering mate if its possible to get an aftermarket stereo but the only thing is the stereo is a weird shape so i could then have a usb :) .

Thanks for the advice there ill have a look to see what i can do thanks mate

post-8709-1251578960_thumb.jpg

Someone must have come up with a Mk2 focus fascia plate, so I wouldn't worry too much about the shape. An aftermarket would be a good choice I think, then put the iPod cable into the glovebox like it is at present like you say.

Someone must have come up with a Mk2 focus fascia plate, so I wouldn't worry too much about the shape. An aftermarket would be a good choice I think, then put the iPod cable into the glovebox like it is at present like you say.

Thanks alot mate i manged to find a few focus facia plate on eBay didnt no you could get them thanks so much mate youve been a great help :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club